The Inevitable January Transfer thread '10

Crybaby Bunting

Poor Vas.. he's depressed out there. Was staying in a hotel, the team footing the bill, but they didn't pay it, so he was chucked out. :( Come home to Villa, Vas. You lovely man.

Yeah, I hear there's a couple of vacancies in the catering department.

The Jones rumour is a weird one. All the Sunderland based press are saying it isn't happening but Dominic King in the Echo and Tony Barrett in the times reckon it will go through.

Can't see it happening myself, unless he's had a falling out with Bruce or something. Weren't they asking for £20m for him not too long ago? Can't see them now willing to let him go for 'free' for six months.

That was the first thing I thought. Unless someones found 20 million down the back of Hicks or Gillettes couch, or something has gone a bit awry with Jones at Sunderland. I don't see it.

Sky Sports have announced both Villa and Birmingham are in for Kris Boyd.

This has kinda shocked me to be honest. Not as we dont need another striker as we do but i would of thought we would of gone for someone proven in the Premiership.

Thought MON would of learned his lesson with Maloney although he did show some glimpses of his ability.

To be honest if I want one thing to happen in this transfer window it's Kris Boyd to go to a Premier League club. I wanted it to happen last time Birmingham were in for him but it didn't happen then, although with the available funds they have now hopefully they'll be able to persuade him to move. Obviously the more Scottish players playing in the higher quality leagues, the better, because there's only so far he's going to get with Rangers. And really I'd rather be playing Spurs, Liverpool and the likes every week rather than an exciting trip away to Falkirk.

And to be fair, MON did sign Petrov from Celtic too and he's turned out pretty well.

I'd have thought that Boyd being linked with Brum was a certainty... considering that he's Scottish and looks to be available very cheaply (either signed on a pre-contract or his contract actually ends this January)

There's a deal being floated about that suggests the extent of Portsmouths fuck-ups... Portsmouth have accepted an offer from Newcastle for Mike Williamson/

Why a strange deal you ask? Williamson hasn't played a single game for Portsmouth because the second he gets one appearance a £1m fee is triggered that goes to his previous club.

They bought a player last summer for £2m to sit in the reserves and do fuck all... and will probably sell him for £500k despite paying his wages for 6 months.

If his contract is expiring it will only be minimal wont it?

I know you are joking, unfortunately as i have a soft spot for Rangers, but i seem to remember MON saying he needs to sell to buy but obviously if he is getting Boyd on the cheap then hopefully he wont

Galatasary certainly seem busy...

Meanwhile, West Ham have offered £100k/wk to a "special" player to help save them from relegation.

Let the random speculation begin!

They suggest Van Nistelrooy has been linked to the club, but that's true of half the Premier League. ¬_¬