Celeb Big Brother

therockbox

Guest Raving Rich

I decided to watch the launch night just to see if there was anyone of relevant interest to me, but they've just put a mixture of nobodies and washed up z-listers (along with Vinnie Jones), so I won't be following it at all.

There is someone who has a joke account on twitter as "MrsStephenFry" they posted this:

@MrsStephenFry: Isn't a bit cruel to put Stephen Baldwin on something called Celebrity Big Brother? #cbb7

:lol:

I had it on mute. Tried to resist watching, as I do most these things. I won't watch the actual show though. Much like X Factor or Britains Got Talent when it becomes an actual show not just a chance to laugh at things I get bored. Or in BBs case, I just get bored.

BBC:

"Footballer-turned-actor Vinnie Jones and actress Stephanie Beacham are among the famous faces in the final series of Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother.

Singer Dane Bowers, who used to date Jordan, is joined by her current on-off boyfriend, cage fighter Alex Reid.

Three other pop stars are in - Lady Sovereign, Sisqo and DJ Basshunter.

Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss, actor Stephen Baldwin, glamour model Nicola T and Ronnie Wood's ex-girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova complete the line-up."

So Vinnie Jones, who was an actual sportsman and then actually made Hollywood movies - ok definitely a "celebrity".

Lady Sovereign, got a few hit songs and got herself a bit of a following - yeah that's ok.

Stephanie Beacham I don't know but apparantly she has had some kind of acting career - meh ok.

Dane Bowers - the perfect kind of "celeb" who does the rounds of all these kinds of shows. Bet he jumped at the chance for this.

Alex Reid? Jordan's current fella. Never heard of him.

The other Baldwin brother? Guess they could then tick off "related to big star", "American" and "Born again Christian" novelty acts in one go.

Who's Basshunter?

Sisqo's UK ship sailed years and years ago (well it was more of a canoe than a ship). No doubt he'll release an album off the back of this.

Ronnie Wood's young ex? Whoop de do.

Heidi Fliss????? There for the prostitution angle no doubt.

Nicola someone who was a page 3 model.

Man I'm glad I'm not in the country so I don't have to watch it.

Vinnie Jones might make interesting viewing though.

The list seems more relevant than ever, really. There's been years when I haven't heard of a celebrity or just one. But this year, you've got Vinnie Jones, Lady Soverign, Basshuter; all of which the majority of the UK public would probably recognise. Less so Soverign. I doubt I'll watch the program, but I could be tempted to flick over just to see what Vinnie Jones gets up to.

There is someone who has a joke account on twitter as "MrsStephenFry" they posted this:

@MrsStephenFry: Isn't a bit cruel to put Stephen Baldwin on something called Celebrity Big Brother? #cbb7

laugh.gif

I had it on mute. Tried to resist watching, as I do most these things. I won't watch the actual show though. Much like X Factor or Britains Got Talent when it becomes an actual show not just a chance to laugh at things I get bored. Or in BBs case, I just get bored.

There was something similar on Richard Bacon's twitter (@richardpbacon);

"Is Stephen Baldwin in there because he has a Celebrity Big Brother?"

EDIT: And Stephen Baldwin is actually quite entertaining. He was on the US version of I'm A Celebrity which was on ITV 2 not too long ago. He's probably still short of cash though.

Edited by Baddar

The list seems more relevant than ever, really. There's been years when I haven't heard of a celebrity or just one. But this year, you've got Vinnie Jones, Lady Soverign, Basshuter; all of which the majority of the UK public would probably recognise. Less so Soverign. I doubt I'll watch the program, but I could be tempted to flick over just to see what Vinnie Jones gets up to.

Only one out of that bunch I've heard of is Vinnie.

TBH I have hardily heard of any of them other than Vinnie Stephanie and Baldwin.

I've vaguely heard of that guy who shacked up with Katie Price and the Russian girl who went off with the Rolling Stone and that's only because I occasionally glance at the papers if I go out

I'd thought more people would've heard of Basshunter. He spent a lot of time on the radio a year or two ago with some pretty club-like songs.

TBH I don't listen to much music at all so it's not surprising I haven't heard of the singers

To show how much about music I know when Boyzone came back last year or so I didn't even know they split

You should've seen his entrance. A live version of the Thong Song!...well, some of it.wub.gif

I did! :D

I've heard of everyone besides that Nicola T (Alex Reid, eugh...my mam reads the Mirror :shifty:). But I honestly don't give a fuck the majority of them. I like;

• Vinnie Jones (fuck man, it's Vinnie Jones)
  • Basshunter (fuck man, it's Basshunter...you've been out of the country CSAMH, I can vouch this is actually a pretty good one, as he's still pretty relevant and at the height of his popularity (which was only last year to be fair) he was more popular than say Lady Sovereign has been at any point...plus he's hilarious)
  • Sisqo (I was wondering what the fuck happened to him recently)
  • the granda shagger (because she's quite cute and giggly and all in all seemed a bit underwhelmed by shit and just wanted a piss and a fag)

Oh I love how they totally OVERSOLD how popular/respected actress Stephanie Beecham actually is, I know they do that with everyone...but for fucks sake, she was only in Dynasty!!

Edited by YI

How the fuck have half of you not heard of Stephanie Beacham? Are you all ten years old or something? :shifty:

It's the final CBB and by a million miles the best group so far. I've barely watched any of the previous ones as the people in it haven't interested me one bit, but this one actually has a group of people I like and actually know. I've heard of all of them in there, Heidi being the least known one to me, oh and Nicola T. I cant stand Alex, which is why it'd be a huge shame if Vinnie didn't head butt him by the end of the show.

Right now I'd be happy with either of Vinnie, Sovereign, Beacham or Sisqo winning this. Slightly scared for Ronnie's ex though, as she looks and seems to act about twelve. If I had to choose a favourite, it'd certainly be Vinnie or Sovereign.

I've heard of pretty much all of them except Nicola T and Alex Reid. Didn't know Dane Bowers by name until I found out he sang Freak Me. The only ones I would be interested in watching would be Vinnie Jones (no explanation needed), Sisqo (cos he's just awesome really) and the one who banged the Rolling Stone (shes not famous but at least shes fit).

Yeah, I watched it last night for a laugh/background noise to FM and I thought that in comparison to the names they usually get in there, they haven't done a bad job at all. Stephanie is a legend, everybody has heard of Vinnie Jones and it's always good to have a certified nutter in there, Basshunter was pretty big in 2008 and seems pretty cool, Sisqo is awesome, most of the target audience knows Alex because he's shagging Jordan, Lady Sovereign is a lot cuter than I expected (only an episode in though), Baldwin I know from I'm A Celebrity USA. The rest... yeah not too sure. But Stephanie, Steven and Sisqo should be pretty fun. Vinnie will be a let down though.