L33t Thread 2010

YI

He's doing 2 shows in London at the end of the month. Clash with my exams. :( So upset. :(

Ask yourself, In this situation, what would Andrew WK do?

Hint: It involves Partying

Just met the lead singer from Ruiner. Swear I've heard of the band before...YI?

Chubby ginger bloke? They're on Bridge 9...fairly popular hardcore band, got a good following. I saw them with Polar Bear Club and Defeater around this time last year. Definitely the weak link of the show, but they're still a moderately okay band.

As far as "Hardcore bands that share their name with AWS albums" go, Career Suicide from Canada are MIIIILES better. :shifty:

Edited by YI

To be fair. I seem to remember Brendan Kelly saying Brian Fallon is alright...I trust one of the drunkest, biggest fucking dickheads in punk rock over a chubby gigner....either way, I don't really give afuck. :/

When I went to see Gaslight Anthem he came out at the end to talk to everyone and pose for pictures and stuff. He was really nice. I told him to come back soon.

Although I don't plan on seeing them anymore cause I don't like their new album. Sorry Bryan. :(

HOLY FUCK! The Wonder Years were so fucking good tonight. Set was a little short (but they don't tend to play long), but fuck they were sodding amazing. They did;

My Last Semester

Logan Circle

You're Not Salinger, Get Over It ->

Keystone State Dude-Core

This Party Sucks

Hostels & Brothels

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong

Melrose Diner

Washington Square Park ->

All My Friends Are In Bar Bands

=====================

Solo & Chewy, Holdin' It Down!

7 from the new album, 2 from the first, 2 from the EP...not bad. The 1st album songs I'd have preferred "Zombies...", "Buzz Aldrin...", "...Swam..." or "...Fruit Punched...". Or even "Don't Open The Fridge!" off the All Or Nothing split. :/ Still amazing. And seeing them live's made me really bum the songs, the new ones especially, they sound so massive.

Speaking of All Or Nothing. They were quality again. Not sure on their set, they're doing a bunch of new ones. They opened with "I'm Not Being Rude..." (like last time they were here). They did "I Hate Being The Dip Guy", "A Day At The Stadium" (still their best one), "Don't Do That", "You Can't Win This" (which they put on their myspace the other day). Did about 9/10 songs. Probably did some more from the EP (I think they might have done "One Night...").

I missed Hey! Alaska - because getting pissed seemed like a better option.

Also, City & Colour (Dallas Green of Alexisonfire) is fucking supporting Pink on a stadium show up here...that's just surreal.

Edited by YI

U2 have cancelled Glastonbury this year due to Bono's back injury. Apparently he fell off the stage when he got to close to the Edge.

• Like 5

So new Arcade Fire songs.

"Month Of May" sounds like a garage rock cover of "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters, but nowhere near as awesome.

"The Suburbs" is a nice, powerpop throwback, twee sort of track. I quite like it, maybe a bit long though.

And Skummy's joke was amazing.

Also got hold of new Automatic Loveletter, Faithless, Pendulum, Rolo Tomassi and Peter Broderick. Not a bad haul.

Edited by YI

No idea who does it, but that rap song that samples MGMT "Kids" is fucking awesome.

Seems I'm a bit late to the party. :shifty:

"Can I please get a little bit of knowledge? Somebody tell Roth that I don't love college"...what a line. :)

Edited by YI

...so a photo of Hayley Williams' tits are circulating online...not bad.

I want more!

& I'm surprised you didn't hear Chiddy Bang months ago YI.

You need to come online/unblock me on msn more.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be blocked. I went through an EWB'er deletion stage a little while back, but you should have been safe. I'll have a look. Turns out I still had your old email, but had blocked your new one. :shifty:

And Chiddy Bang, I'd heard the name, but never associated them with a song. Heard it yesterday, it's proper good. Love it.

Edited by YI

So, the new Arcade Fire track I heard today was alright. And new Vampire Weekend song (I assume it's new) was stuck in my head all day. I'm becoming an indie kid, shit.

Also, last night I saw Midge Ure play acoustic in a tiny pub. And they had a buffet. Midge Ure and scotch eggs, score.