Lost Season 6 (spoilers)

TKz

Even if someone has their name on the cave, by the time we saw them they were crossed out. So, for all we know, they stopped being a candidate a long time ago.

There was mention of "the past doesn't matter, it's what happens on the island that matters". In that case, Pace's lying and continued addiction to heroin may have invalidated his possible shot at being a candidate long ago.

True, but then again, why was Sayid allowed to be a candidate for so long if Pace wasn't? Sayid tortured Sawyer, tortured Ben, both of which are evils from his old life that he has been unable to put behind him. at least Charlie managed to kick the habit before he sacrificed himself for the greater good.

Also, I didn't say he got crossed out when he died, but I would think that would be the working theory. It's a safer assumption that people die and get crossed off and that it's just people like Kate and Claire who are the mysterious former candidates who are still alive.

So there is two more normal Episodes and The Final Day with three Episodes? "Lost: The Final Journey" will be a clip show (i don´t even know if it´s included in my iTunes pass), so maybe the Final (The End 1 + 2) are just a 90 Minute Finale after all?

The "Lost" series finale event just got bigger with a half-hour extension of the finale episode, SUNDAY, MAY 23 from 9:00-11:30, p.m., ET, on the ABC Television Network. With so much story to tell, the timeslot needed to be expanded. Preceding the finale will be the retrospective special, "Lost: The Final Journey," from 7:00-9:00 p.m., ET, which takes a look back over the past six seasons of this groundbreaking show. Additionally, Jimmy Kimmel bids farewell to "Lost" in his own indelible manner on "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost," airing from 12:05-1:05 a.m., ET.

Wow, i bet that Jimmy Kimmel issent in my iTunes pass. :shifty: But thats a Massive seven houre marathon. This raises my hope in a good way, you don´t hammer the viewer with such a hugh amount of time if you are planing to end it nice and slow!

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Lnk,

How could Jin have possibly escaped? Ignoring the scene where their lifeless corpses drifted apart from each other, how could Jin have possibly held his breath long enough to escape without an oxygen mask (Jack and Sawyer took the last one)? Especially after spending so long underwater drowning with Sun.

Matzat,

According to http://epguides.com/Lost/ there are 2 regular weekly episodes left, then the 2-part finale with both parts airing on May 23.

Lnk,

How could Jin have possibly escaped? Ignoring the scene where their lifeless corpses drifted apart from each other, how could Jin have possibly held his breath long enough to escape without an oxygen mask (Jack and Sawyer took the last one)? Especially after spending so long underwater drowning with Sun.

Matzat,

According to http://epguides.com/Lost/ there are 2 regular weekly episodes left, then the 2-part finale with both parts airing on May 23.

The same way that Richard couldn't commit suicide. You been watching the episodes Marshy baby? :P. But yeah, Jin's gotta be gone. He can't have survived another sure-death.

True, but there is no guarantee that Jin is a candidate. Kwon could refer to either Sun or Jin, and Sawyer tampering with the bomb makes it a null point anyway because candidates can kill each other- it is only Smokey that can't kill a candidate. I didn't see Jin's death as a suicide attempt; he died in vain trying to save his wife.

Am I right? I may just be talking bollocks here, but this is my understanding of it.

I think a lot of people won't understand what happened tonight...but here's what i've gathered.

Jacob's brother, the man in black, is 100% dead. He died once he entered that light. But by going into that light, he released the smoke monster, which was trapped there. The smoke monster then used MIB's form this whole time while trying to find his loophole to get Jacob killed. Smokey's motive is to get off the island to infect the world, or kill the world...something of that nature. Smokey just can't do it until the candidates are gone.

Finding out who Adam and Eve were was a great revelation also, always thought it'd be Rose and Bernard.

• Like 2

Is Smokey the essence of the island? The "light" as it was revealed to be tonight? Life, death and rebirth? And throwing MIB in released it?

Still, while I appreciate this episode, I have to question the logic of putting this on in the second to last show before the finale. There are only 3.5 hours of Lost left and a metric FUCKTON of questions left to answer, it better be enough time, but I'm pretty much convinced that the finale will be the biggest "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" in television history. It'll be The Sopranos times 1000.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people won't understand what happened tonight...but here's what i've gathered.

Jacob's brother, the man in black, is 100% dead. He died once he entered that light. But by going into that light, he released the smoke monster, which was trapped there. The smoke monster then used MIB's form this whole time while trying to find his loophole to get Jacob killed. Smokey's motive is to get off the island to infect the world, or kill the world...something of that nature. Smokey just can't do it until the candidates are gone.

Finding out who Adam and Eve were was a great revelation also, always thought it'd be Rose and Bernard.

I've been reading stuff since posting this saying that MIB actually didn't completely die, he just turned into the smoke monster when he went into that light...It makes sense I guess, but it is still a little open to interpretation for now.

What an episode. Initial impression was that entrapment as a smoke monster would be "... worse than dying, Jacob. Much worse" but I quite like Mofoticon's theory that Jacob's brother is dead (hard to dispute the Adam & Eve skeletons found by the Losties) and the smoke monster was released through extinguishing the light, and elected to take on the physical embodiment of the dead MIB- much akin to how he has now chosen to look like John Locke.

Am not sure how MIB (or 'boy in black') saw his dead mother; I always thought that dead people were the physical form of the black smoke, however at this point the black smoke was still trapped by the light.

I love the intricate ambiguities of this show.

I thought that too, or The Monster is at least part of "The Source" being death, as it's always seen as a dark smoke. Locke's seen another thing as a brilliant white light (as he told Mr. Eko he saw it as before) , which might be it's opposite (life or rebirth), released by Jacob at some point from The Source.

In support of this, there's been Christian appearing as we've seen him in black shoes when he's been The Monster, and then he's appeared in different attire, in white shoes when he's been off-island which The Monster is apparently unable to do.

I'm still thinking there's more than one "entity" on The Island, but with only three and a half hours left to explain all the big stuff maybe not.

i love how i could already download the subtiteld version on itunes for houres but am still waiting for the versio without subtitle... i wonder why people prefer illigal downloads if the produc you payed for is half a day late at least. :mellow:

I'm still up in the air as to whether the current MIB is Jacob's brother or someone else (the trapped smoke monster). They appear to have the same motives such as getting off the island and Locke said during this season that Jacob "took his body". I feel like we only got half of the story about Jacob and the MIB and there is another chapter that needs to be told between the end of this episode and where we saw them on the beach in the season five finale.

I'm still up in the air as to whether the current MIB is Jacob's brother or someone else (the trapped smoke monster). They appear to have the same motives such as getting off the island and Locke said during this season that Jacob "took his body". I feel like we only got half of the story about Jacob and the MIB and there is another chapter that needs to be told between the end of this episode and where we saw them on the beach in the season five finale.

I'm guessing the stuff on the beach was prior to the end of this episode though?

I'm guessing the stuff on the beach was prior to the end of this episode though?

Couldn't be. The stuff on the beach occurred during the arrival of the Black Rock, and the Smoke Monster killed everyone on it.