Curb Your Enthusiasm

Blue Rosler

From what I recall of it, I found the first season pleasant but not actually great. It's season two or season three where I really started loving it.

And yeah, I have never been able to get into Seinfeld but I love Curb.

I was aware of the show for years but never watched it.

Watched a couple of episodes because of the Seinfeld reunion and I really wanted to knock Larry the fuck out.

I realise that the lead characters in Seinfeld weren't nice people and had their irritating qualities but people watched, as did I. However with Curb Larry annoys me to the point that I didn't want to watch further than the reunion episodes.

Does he grow on you, or will I probably never get 'it' if I didn't like the show straight away?

The whole show is Larry arguing with everyone. Sometimes you see his point, sometimes you think he's being irrational...that, coupled with multiple arguments/situations colliding, is what makes Larry and the show great.

SPOILERS

The last season has Larry acting with the motive of getting his wife back, so there's a bit more of the irrational.

I don't care much for the first season at all - but it's still very much in "it's the guy who did Seinfeld!" mode. Absolutely adore anything from Series 3 onwards, though.