UFC 2010

9 to 5

I suck on the ground at this game.

The problem comes when I try transitioning. After some blocked attempts I'll finally get to side control, only to be subbed by a kimura. I hear slow, perfect circles with the right stick anti-clockwise is the way forward, whereas I've been rotating it quickly so maybe that's where I'm going wrong. And the fact that I need to make sure I'm not in a position where I can be kimura'd for too long. shifty.gif

What I do like doing though is pounding away at people on the ground with my fists, then throwing a flurry of knees into the mix. I can normally end the fight right there if I've worn the opponent down enough.

What's the best defence when you're caught in a single-collar tie up and your face is being smashed in? Is there something I can press in an attempt to push the oppo away or would I be best served trying to fight my way out of the position?

are you gassing yourself when you transition. I have tendency to get impatient and start attempting transition after transition with the computer blocking each one and when i finally get in an ok position I'm fodder for the submission. I've found that i I lay on top of them throw some weak punches(not a lot) and try a minor transition. if it's blocked I remain calm throw a few more punches and try again.if the transition is successful I hold the left analog stick to the left while trying another minor transition.

For me holding left keeps the opponent from breaking free for a little bit.

with my personal caf. I like to get into side control throw a few knees rest fire off some punches rest and try to transition to the other side and knee some more after that I rest and throw some weak punches before trying to get mount. if I get mount I posture up and unload a few heavy strikes.

to block a clinch and etc flick the right stick toward or away from your opponent.

if you have trouble with submissions try playing a few exhibition matches with the stamina bar on. fight like you normally would and watch your bar. After one round i saw just how bad I was gassing myself with transitions.

Since I figured it out my caf has gotten 5 subs in a row in title mode with the side control armbar.

work the stomach and the ribs during the opening moments of the match. throw in some strikes to the head and leg kicks to keep them guessing. close to the end of round world a kick to the gut or a slam will rock them then I slap on the armbar and charge the sub for the tapout

• Like 1

Jesus christ, winning by Submission is impossible! I am playing the Title Mode as Nate Diaz, just finished Dennis Siver by KO after failing a Submission while he was rocked, and this was the second time. Seriously? :rolleyes: Is it because I just Shining and not using the Charge thing? The same thing happened in my fight with Cole Miller, I had him rocked three times in a row and went for the submission but immediately recovered and got out easily.

I've finally gotten better at career mode after using that sparring technique someone mentioned earlier. However like an idiot I decided to upgrade my sparring partner and now I can't really slam him down. However my stats have been rising nicely as I focus on a few areas to get them to the stat milestones. I lost to Cro Cop in my second UFC fight but was able to get revenge on him after beating Stefan Struve and Justin McCully. I had to fight Herring next and stopped him with a left hand following a sway in the second round. I chose number 5 ranked Pat Barry next so we'll see what happens when I play again later. My guy hasn't learned too many moves but I've got enough to get by. I just need to learn a right high kick so go with my left Napao kick.

spinning back kick ko's are awesome :D

also on career Rachelle Leah came to the gym had to pull off as many submission attempts as possible to increase my popularity and what a waste of time lol when i can hardly shine to get a submission in 2 minutes so that was pretty pointless. Making my UFC debut against Chris Lytle currently 8-1

Edited by davidmarrio

Pat Barry absolutely murdered me. I think he hit me maybe three or four times before I was rocked and he got the KO with a right hand. I took on Gonzaga next and beat him pretty easily. After that I got a shot against some top 5 ranked guys and Cain destroyed me. This years career mode is certainly more of a challenge but I'm digging it as a whole more than last year offering.

1-1 in the UFC: Beat Chris Lytle in the 2nd round by KO, lost to James Wilks by submission in the 3rd round, i think i was edging the fight but he rocked me in the 3rd and i paniced took it to the floor and in his guard with little submission and thought crap gotta get up or he'll sub me kept spamming transistions got tapped out

anyone else going to recreate tonight ppv in event mode? I'm in the process of setting it up the matches that i can't do I'm just filling with suitable fights I'd like to see. once it's done I'll post the results

oh didn't know it could be downloaded lol I need to move out of the boonies so i can get connected

swaying only works for me in tutorial mode in a match though I get nothing. i think if I could get it to work it would stop some of these losses

My favourite win ever. Frank Trigg came out of retirement to fight me and I demolished him though out the fight, but the bastard wouldn't get finished for some reason. With like 20 seconds left of the 3rd and final round I rocked him and he went onto his back. Instead of TKO'ing him I though what the hell and applied an ankle lock and won with a flash submission. My first submission victory and my record is now 33-4, and all of my wins are KO or TKO. I might try to get my next fight to the judges just because I'm sick of Joe Rogan mentioning it at the beginning of every fight.

EDIT: Fuck Dustin Hazelett, he beat me by submission less than half way through the first round.

EDIT2: Okay, I think the win against Trigg has cursed me. Now Matt Serra beat me with an ankle lock. Suddenly I'm 33-6.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

yeh all i get is "he's never been to the judges, he's an agressive fighter and sometimes it doesn't work in his favour"

2-2 in the UFC. Beat Frank Trigg with 20 seconds left in the fight by TKO and lost to Karo Paryisan in my 1st main card fight on UFN lost by KO with a few seconds left after a really even fight. Next fight is Carlos Condit

wtf? was just fighting Brock in career . sustained and neutralized his takedowns in the 1st and 2nd rounds. bell rings for the 3rd I come out to touch gloves and he throws a huge punch that hits me in the middle of my chest for an f'n KO what the hell?

• Like 1

I guess so first time seeing anything like that in the game. it's like I'm cursed when fighting him. have yet to beat him in any mode