I wanna play a game with Mons in it.

Sousa

At this stage of the game I'd either have an insipid teenage version of a tiny dinosaur or a goofy turtle with wings on the side of his face.

So you'd rather have a fat dinosaur with a pretty flower on it's back? Come on, Blastoise would fuck your shit up :shifty:

I've always prefered the fire pokemon. To add to the discusion, I always thought Silver was pretty awesome beyond the first series; and saphire was good fun - but not up to par. Sousa, have you got a Kadabra? I'm always sure to have one of them in my pack if I ever play; that things fucking badass.

Wartortle will FUCK YOUR SHIT UP.

Word. I think when I was a kid I went with Squirtle because Squirtle and Charmander seemed the coolest, and Squirtle was a far more practical choice considering that the first two gyms were fucking Rock and Water types so Charmander would be utterly useless in a section of the game where your other options are pretty much entirely normal, flying, or poison types.

Honestly, I really loved Silver too. Ruby wasn't quite as good but it was a pretty fun way to kill time on my trip to Japan in '03 during flights/train trips etc. Diamond I still have yet to beat and probably never will at this rate. It's not utterly awful or anything but it's definitely the first handheld, non-spin off Pokemon game that I've ever really felt disappointed by.

And trust Double X to come and ruin a casual discussion with his professional methods.

Not only did I apparently not ruin anything given how the discussion has continued, that was hardly anything POKEMON IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. I actually haven't played a Pokemon game in several months now, so my tendencies for HERE HAVE SOME STATS have waned a bit. So I shall try to be as casual as possible in this thread.

I think my favourite starter of the lot was Squirtle, because Blastoise looks fucking awesome. I mean, come on, a gigantic turtle with water cannons on its shoulders? Bowser got nothing on this turtle.

Oh also Crystal is probably the most enjoyable game in the series so far, but I am curious as to how these Gold/Silver remakes will compare with the originals.