iDOM 2010: Input Thread

IDOL

Here's the deal - I purchased TEW 2010 about two weeks ago and try as I might, I can not for the life of me get into the Cornellverse. At all. So my solution is simple - update iDOM for TEW 2010. I know there's A LOT of Domers who play iDOM so what I'm asking here is simple. What do you want to see in the next update (for TEW 10)? In '08 we saw that TWE had a Main Event Roster that was dated and frustrating to book. How do you want to see that fixed? I'm open to all ideas - remember this is iDOM two years later.

I think a lot of the different promotions need some more diversity of workers.

For example... TWE needs a Matt Hardy, or an Edge. Someone that's more fast paced, high flying action as opposed to the brawler monster type that TWE is used too. In 08 we say that TWE was reaching near the heights of WCCW, I'd like to see something more made of that. Either something like TWE being up against Nitro on Mondays, or them having a much more diversified roster. Guys like Matt Morgan and Chris Mordetsky should be closer to the top by now, but like the real WWE, TWE could do with a few guys in the midcard like Kofi Kingston or Shelton Benjamin. I'd also update some of the gimmicks, so for example, much as I love them, maybe it's time to split up Planet Hollywood and give Hennigan the sort of push he recieved IRL.

Calgary Stampede needs to feel more open to outsiders in my opinion. Whenever I tried to book it before, one of the biggest problems I had was the fact it's all Canadian, which left me with little to work with. A guy like Christopher Daniels or someone else that Canada would take kindly too (I'm thinking Nigel McGuinness truth be told) being closer to the top would be nice. I like Christian, Edge, Angle & Storm being the headliners, but the rest of the card feels more barren.

ECW is another one in desperate need of some new blood, whilst RFP by now should have some of their stars a lot more solidified. I've always thought RFP or ECW would be the perfect place to put CM Punk, hopefully working the Straight Edge Messiah gimmick. With guys like Randy Orton, Punk, Jericho and Anderson, it could be a fun environment to work with. I think it might be an idea to give NWA MC there own TV Show, maybe not PPVs, but certainly a show.

WCCW I've always felt was the worst when it came to older workers still being around. Vader, Foley & Abdullah still being so far up the card in 2010 would seem very silly to me. I think you've got some fine replacements though, guys like The Rock could easily make it back to the top, and maybe JBL if you were to repackage him with the Millionaire Gimmick.

But mostly, World Champion Scott Steiner.

edit: God dammit C. >_>

I'm upset because you beat me to it because I feel the exact same way, as will everyone else that posts in this thread I suspect.

edit: Why you gotta go putting words in my post?

After reading your diary I would first like to suggest the Ultimate Warrior returning to TWE. And, more gimmicks. The way I looked at TWE was that there could not be enough gimmicks. For some reason, I always brought in Slyk Wagner Brown as a pimp. Oh, and Scott Steiner: World Champion.

Scott Steiner to bump Lesnar off the top of the mountain? So long as somebody else was the one to dethrone Brock and snap his undefeated streak before Steiner comes in and destroys whoever did it, I'd be all for it. Steiner was still working with his brother in RFP during '08.

I think more of a focus on the indys outside of the NWA would be helpful. I'd try to sit down and play with them but I found I just couldn't get into them as much as the NWA promotions. I'm not saying that they should over shadow the NWA or anything like that, but some sort of description would be immensely helpful.

That poll is most definitely broken. Who'd have known. :shifty:

I really hope this goes through Idol; it would definitely tip me into buying TEW 08; because I thought the cornellverse hadn't changed enough. So I think, in two years, the world of iDOM should change a fair bit - to give players that variety. I know you might want to keep it as realistic as possible - but I think there needs to be a fair few changes to make play and promotion different.

I agree that TWE needs changing up. The Main Event was stale, and the midcard, while bursting was potential, was hard to move about. I agree with Tkz that TWE needs someone that isn't a brawler type. Someone like Matt Hardy, Randy Orton, Edge or Jeff Hardy would be perfect to mix things up with. In fact, I would love to see Hardy in the midcard by now - close to working his way up and around. I think he'd be great fun to mix it up with. Also, I think it's time that TWE have pulled the trigger on Mordetsky or Morgan. I think that'd be fun to see. But again, agreeing with Tkz, it just needs a few fun midcarders to play around with. Kofi or Benjamin would be a great adition. And I would love to see Hennigan break away from the team and be on the brink of Main Event, or something.

While talking about TWE, Carlos Colon Jr would be a fantastic addition. The manual made it clear that CWF was grooming Carlos for a top spot; and he'd be perfect in TWE's upper midcard as a top heel. I think that'd be greaaat fun.

I'll be back with more in a bit ;)

I reckon WCCW should be well and truly on the decline and should have been overtaken as the No. 1 promotion. It allows you to keep with the older guys at the top, but have a much needed injection of youth at the bottom of the card. Gives the player a chance to either keep with the old guys, or try to resurrect the promotion with younger guys.

The problem in 2008 for WCCW was that there's only so many wrestlers there at the start that could be made into viable main events that aren't there already. Pretty much Cody, Pearce and Mr. Texas I guess.

Here's the deal - I purchased TEW 2010 about two weeks ago and try as I might, I can not for the life of me get into the Cornellverse. At all. So my solution is simple - update iDOM for TEW 2010. I know there's A LOT of Domers who play iDOM so what I'm asking here is simple. What do you want to see in the next update (for TEW 10)? In '08 we saw that TWE had a Main Event Roster that was dated and frustrating to book. How do you want to see that fixed? I'm open to all ideas - remember this is iDOM two years later.

I'm making it my mission to prove that statement wrong. Also, Scott Steiner for World Champ. Not really. I'll have better suggestions when I'm not at work.

I would really love to see someone book TWE without any roster additions, I really would. When I was thinking about updating iDOM for '09 I had a timeline mapped out of Lesnar's year with the title. I think a timeline of the defenses and title changes would work great for the main titles. Also, since I have Indesign, I'm thinking a magazine will be released with this version much like the NWA Handbook was released with the last one.

I think getting the NWA title away from WCCW is an absolute must. I know the upper card of TWE is stale, but I always thought that in O8, something as simple as being able to have Lesnar defend Big Gold at the Clash would have freed up someone else on the card to help elevate one of the youngsters at little to no real cost.

In terms of promotion "levels", I would foresee Memphis struggling pretty badly at the moment. Even though they've got the Super Juniors, the top of their card is just stale and turgid, short of a massive shake-up I find it difficult to see how Memphis would compete, given the choices of either WCCW or RFP for the "old school" style of fan.

In terms of roster shake-ups, I think Kingston is either going to be in something like TWE or is perhaps filling the Carlos Colon route in somewhere like Honolulu?

A final thought: if it's going to be Scott Steiner as NWA Champ, then I just can't see him still being in RFP. It's either TWE or, even better, WCCW for my money on that one.

Personally - and I know that this is going to be a bit out of left field to a degree - but I'd love to see the AWA managing to rise up a little bit at least from where they were in 2008, maybe by having Swagger on their roster and a couple other guys. Rebuild the company around people like Swagger, Tomko, a couple other brawlers (Zeke, maybe?) and Corino, so you have less emphasis on people like Valentine and the Patriot. Maybe have them steal a couple of guys from Golden West Wrestling too - Morishima in AWA would be cool to see, I think.

While not complete, or set in stone by any means, this was the working timeline for the belt in 2008:

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

2008 Timeline

January

5th

New Japan Pro Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Yuji Nagata

18th

World Class Championship Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Cody Rhodes

20th

Championship Wrestling from Florida

Brock Lesnar defeated Carlos Colon Jr.

----

February

1st

Honolulu Championship Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Ron Simmons

2nd

Brock Lesnar defeated Bob Saap

23rd

Calgary Stampede and The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA Canadian Classic)

Brock Lesnar defeated Lance Storm

----

March

22nd

Steve Austin defeated Brock Lesnar via Disqualification (Lesnar Retains)

----

April

17th

NWA: United Kingdon

Brock Lesnar defeated Johnny Moss

18th

NWA: United Kingdon

Brock Lesnar defeated Doug Williams

23rd

Ric Flair Promotions

Brock Lesnar defeated Brent Albright

25th

Australian National Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Blakestone

26th

Explosive Pro Wrestling (Australia)

Brock Lesnar defeated Jag

----

May

11th

Memphis Championship Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Jeff Jarrett

19th

Brock Lesnar defeated Kevin Vegas

----

June

20th

Big Time Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Judas Diabolos

22nd

NWA Anniversary Show

Steve Austin defeated Brock Lesnar

23rd

Brock Lesnar defeated Steve Austin

----

July

13th

The Great American Bash

Brock Lesnar defeated Sting

----

August

1st

Federación de Mexicano Lucha Libre

Brock Lesnar defeated Blue Demon Jr.

2nd

Brock Lesnar defeated Vampiro

9th

Brock Lesnar defeated Mean Mark Callous

23rd

Championship Wrestling from Florida

Brock Lesnar defeated Dean Malenko

----

September

13th

Calgary Stampede

Brock Lesnar defeated Sexton Hardcastle

26th

NWA: Motor City

Brock Lesnar defeated Rob Van Dam

----

October

16th

Brock Lesnar defeated Hernandez

19th

Memphis Championship Wrestling and The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA World War III)

Brock Lesnar defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi

27th

Brock Lesnar defeated Cactus Jack

----

November

3rd

Brock Lesnar defeated Rocky Johnson Jr.

28th

Eastern Championship Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated 2 Cold Scorpio

----

December

6th

Calgary Stampede

Brock Lesnar defeated Harry Smith

13th

Brock Lesnar defeated Ultimo Guerrero

20th

Memphis Championship Wrestling

Brock Lesnar defeated Sid Justice

28th

NWA Starrcade '08

Randy Orton defeated Brock Lesnar and Steve Austin

*Orton and Austin were the final two men in the World War 3 Battle Royal, and eliminated one another at the same time. Both men then got the title shot, making it a 3 Way against Lesnar at Starrcade. Orton pins Austin in the match.

Personally - and I know that this is going to be a bit out of left field to a degree - but I'd love to see the AWA managing to rise up a little bit at least from where they were in 2008, maybe by having Swagger on their roster and a couple other guys. Rebuild the company around people like Swagger, Tomko, a couple other brawlers (Zeke, maybe?) and Corino, so you have less emphasis on people like Valentine and the Patriot. Maybe have them steal a couple of guys from Golden West Wrestling too - Morishima in AWA would be cool to see, I think.

My plans for the AWA in 2010 were a merger between Smoky Mountain Wrestling and the AWA, in hopes of giving AWA a little more credibility with a deeper roster and a guy like James Cornette helping their cause.

I know it wouldn't happen; but I'd somehow love to see RVD in a top promotion - I think that'd be so much fun to play around with.

There's no reason he couldn't, it's not like he wouldn't leave NWA:MC. RVD would probably be a good choice to move up to RFP, or perhaps even Calgary. He'd make a nice addition to the main event scene in either promotion. Or possibly Memphis, which could do with someone that isn't a Lawler or Jarrett at the top >_>.

Also, three words - Steven Regal Push.

edit: Also I'm not sure how much I like Austin not being the one to take down Lesnar. I'd have liked to have seen Austin beat him in a straight match at Starrcade 08, then drop the title to Orton somewhere down the line. Would Randy be using the Legend Killer gimmick or the Pyscho one he has going on now? I'd hope he's not a face.

I'd actually like to see CZP look more like Combat Zone Wrestling did in 2003/4/5. Full of badass wrestlers and badass wrestling. Also I'd actually love to see Eddie Guerrero go to a bigger promotion.

Also with the presence of promotional wars and whatnot, I guess it would be right to make the 'top three' competing for a place at the top. Also I'd like to see eras in the game, something that can be awesome and great at the same time.

Edited by IzzyX