The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

The value between a potential #1 WR superstar and an RG/C isn't even close, are you kidding me? Especially considering Ben's targets (assuming he isn't traded, in which case this whole mock goes out the window) are a very old Hines Ward with only a year or two of production left, and a glorified slot receiver in Mike Wallace. But, you're the Steelers' homer here, so you may be right. I just don't think an organization as smart as this takes an interior lineman over someone with Arrelious Benn's skillset.

Ben won't be traded, that's really a non-issue that ESPN keeps hyping to get more people to watch the draft.

The Steelers like some WRs that will be available in later rounds. Ed Bouchette wrote an article saying that he doesn't expect the Steelers to take a WR early.

The Steelers feel they can get good WRs later in the draft and I agree. A guy like Pouncey would be a great fit for the Steelers because he can play both Center and Guard (which Tomlin loves) and he would be an immediate upgrade over both starting guards and the starting center.

You try not to take an interior O-Lineman that early unless you're confident he's a sure thing, and Pouncey is the closest to a sure thing the NFL has seen come along in quite a while.

He's no Alex Mack, that's for sure.. and Mike Pouncey is considered by many to be the better of the two brothers, though he doesn't really have the versatility of Maurkice. Pouncey just isn't the type of once-in-a-generation, can't-miss prospect that you would value higher than a young Anquan Boldin/Brandon Marshall, in my opinion. Is Benn to Pitt a 100% sure thing? No, but the way my mock plays out I think he makes the most sense and provides the most value.

But whatever, if they're planning on addressing the #1 WR spot tomorrow, then their best bet is either Dez Bryant or Arrelious Benn in te first. No other wide receiver in the draft really has the combination of talent, toughness, and big-play ability that they do.

EDIT - And yeah, click on Schefter's twitter link up there. Ben is definitely getting shopped around, though I doubt he gets traded unless it's a blockbuster, Jay Cutler-esque deal.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

I'll take Ben in Oakland.

Swap first rounders, Raiders throw in a third. Wouldn't offer more than that.

I could see that happening. although knowing the Raiders luck, JaMarcus Russell plays out of his skin whilst Ben's out.

Grouped.jpg

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/bears-unveil-new-throwback-uniforms.html

I like them, but there's a couple other uniforms I'd liked to have seen instead, like the white one with navy and orange stripes making a sort of hockey-esque shoulder yoke.

The amount that a team in the throes of rebuilding would have to give up for a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB (I know he shat the bed in the first one, but he's still gotten a team to that point twice) is monumental. Nobody would be dumb enough to do it, the Steelers would have to be asking for stuff like the Cowboys asked for when they traded Herschel Walker.

I was at the post office earlier today and the father of either Anthony Davis or Kyle Wilson (my gut says Wilson) was there. He was talking to someone about being a nervous wreck and his son getting picked in first round tonight. He also talked about ESPN sending a camera crew to his place. I couldn't eavesdrop enough to figure out which of the two it actually was though but I guess if he's going to be on ESPN tonight I'll know at that time. Pretty cool story though as these were H.S teammates back in 2004 and won a championship at Piscataway H.S. Also on the team was Malcom Jenkins (14th overall pick to the Saints last year) who already has a Super Bowl ring.

On another note, if you're a Saints fan and a believer in the Madden Curse today is not a good day for you.

Edited by sahyder1

I've been reading up on Wilson and Davis and from the looks of it this will be the first time in NFL history that two guys from the same High School are going to get selected in the first round. Trying to confirm the other part which says that this will be the first time same high school has had first round picks in back to back seasons.

• Like 1

The Browns are apparently willing to trade away most of this year's draft picks to take Bradford. I'm positive he'll be taken first, but we may have to wait until the 7th pick to see whether the Rams trade him ala Eli/Rivers a few years ago.

Bradford was picked and then booed by the majority of the crowd. Good times.

Edited by naiwf

So does anyone have a place other than justin.tv that has this? NFL.com isn't working and the feed I have has two guys talikng over it, it's infuriating.

I was watching there too. ESPN is broadcasting if you're interested.

Edited by Powerhart