The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

It's time for Leinart to overtake Young in the battle of 2006 quarterbacks <_< . What a weird class in retrospect which also includes Jay Cutler, Kellen Clemens, Tavaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle, Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs and Bruce Gradkowski. This class of quarterbacks will be end up being compared by the number of playoff games. Tavaris Jackson, Vince Young and Matt Leinart have one.

yeah I'm sure texting the old fashioned coach that wants to do things face to face and doesn't buy it will work out.

well 2006 doesn't seem a very good year for qb's now does it? Kellen Clemens was a straight dud. Tarvaris would of been unemployed by now if Brad Childress didn't love him. Whitehurst is a nobody. Croyle is injury prone and awful. Ingle Martin never did anything but sit on practice squads. Omar Jacobs who? Leinart is sitting behind Dan Orlovsky on the depth chart :unsure:. which leaves Gradkowski who bails his team out whenever their bad qb's fail and Jay Cutler the only one halfway decent but still is very turnover prone and takes way too many sacks.

Bruce Gradkowski might be the best QB in that group.

Scary :shifty:

Actually, I think Jackson still has some hope and VY has been pretty good the last two years when he isn't being emo or injured. I still think Jay Cutler is an idiot and may actually be Jeff George's illegitimate son.

• Like 1

Well it's good to get the win and go 9-2 and it was a relatively comfortable win but...

The offense was really poor tonight. Sanchez was rather unspectacular throughout with a few silly moments (the interception, almost safety/intentional grounding which he got away with) and the offense was just generally sluggish.

However, special teams did well again, loved Brad Smiths contribution to the game and the defense played well and even managed to generate a pass rush, get some sacks AND interceptions! :w00t:

Then you realise they were playing the Bengals and Carson Palmer and it suddenly doesn't feel so impressive.

The main positive though, no last minute heroics and heart killing stuff near the end! Hooray!

Detroit Lions quarterback Shaun Hill accused the New England Patriots of trying to re-break his left arm during a sneak play on Sunday, according to a report on Mlive.com.

During the second quarter, Hill ran a quarterback sneak from the Pats' 2-yard line and extended his arms toward the goal line. He had been playing with a fracture in his non-throwing forearm suffered against the Giants five weeks ago and said he felt someone in the scrum trying to work over his limb on Sunday.

"That's why I eventually gave up the ball," Hill said, according to Mlive.com. "Somebody was down there [in the pile] literally trying to break my arm, which is already broken. Literally, trying. And, uh, y'know, I guess [it] wasn't seen [by officials]."

The Patriots had no comment on the accusation. Hill didn't score on the play but picked up a first down, and the Lions punched it in the next play. Detroit won that battle but lost the war 45-24.

Hill had no problem with the QB sneak, injury or no injury.

"I loved the call," he said, according to Mlive.com. "I loved the call. Absolutely loved it. I have no qualms about running that play -- one-armed or whatever. I loved the call."

Detroit Lions quarterback Shaun Hill accused the New England Patriots of trying to re-break his left arm during a sneak play on Sunday, according to a report on Mlive.com.

During the second quarter, Hill ran a quarterback sneak from the Pats' 2-yard line and extended his arms toward the goal line. He had been playing with a fracture in his non-throwing forearm suffered against the Giants five weeks ago and said he felt someone in the scrum trying to work over his limb on Sunday.

"That's why I eventually gave up the ball," Hill said, according to Mlive.com. "Somebody was down there [in the pile] literally trying to break my arm, which is already broken. Literally, trying. And, uh, y'know, I guess [it] wasn't seen [by officials]."

The Patriots had no comment on the accusation. Hill didn't score on the play but picked up a first down, and the Lions punched it in the next play. Detroit won that battle but lost the war 45-24.

Hill had no problem with the QB sneak, injury or no injury.

"I loved the call," he said, according to Mlive.com. "I loved the call. Absolutely loved it. I have no qualms about running that play -- one-armed or whatever. I loved the call."

And now, for the typical Boston fan reaction:

Can you imagine the Patriots pulling this stuff? Trying to take the ball away from Shaun Hill in the middle of a giant pile of sweating, bleeding, half-crazed 300 lb. bodies? What a cheating bunch of cheating cheaters. Where do they get off trying to force a fumble on the 1 like that? It’s an outrage! I mean, there’s a rule against trying to rip the ball away from Shaun Hill, isn’t there? If there’s not, there ought to be. But here’s a little friendly advice for Hill: If you’re worried about your arm getting broken, you might want to sit out the game. Or don’t call your own number. At least not against a 9-2 team that’s trying to keep you out of the end zone because they’re, you know, trying to win the game. Better yet, just STFU and join the Lingerie League, pussy. @jerrythornton1

Source

Yeah, they're one of the least impressive 9-2 teams I have seen. Which, granted, their schedule has been rather easy. And teams like Denver and Houston choking their way to defeat has helped them as well.

Don't forget the Lions who chose not to run out the clock, or the 20 or so balls that Sanchez has thrown that should/could have been intercepted but have fallen harmlessly to the ground. My main hope is that they'll use up every bit of good fortune in getting a home game in the playoffs and that they get SMASHED when everything goes awry at the worst possible moment. Keep hope alive!

Edited by naiwf

Okay, really. These New York Jets are 9-2? Can't wait until the Patriots trounce them and send them back to humblesville.

Unless the Jets win again :shifty:

In a way I think a loss (preferrably not the Patriots game if I had to pick) would be good for the team at this point, they've been coasting past on mistakes and they've really not been playing well for a whole game.

But hey, 9-2, I'm not complaining too much.

Spygate 2: Electric Boogaloo gets the Broncos and McDaniels fined $50K each.

Shockingly it was perpetrated by Steve Scarnecchia who worked with McDaniels on the Pats in 2008 in the midst of Spygate. I say shockingly because wow, how the fuck do you decide it's a good idea to tape a walk through after you've already seen the consequences for such things first hand.

Also, this begs the question: Why the hell would you feel the need to tape the walk through of a winless team?

Spygate 2: Electric Boogaloo gets the Broncos and McDaniels fined $50K each.

Shockingly it was perpetrated by Steve Scarnecchia who worked with McDaniels on the Pats in 2008 in the midst of Spygate. I say shockingly because wow, how the fuck do you decide it's a good idea to tape a walk through after you've already seen the consequences for such things first hand.

Also, this begs the question: Why the hell would you feel the need to tape the walk through of a winless team?

This is the same team that got rid of their two best players to show that McDictator is the boss. He's basically trying to be Patriots West minus the Super Bowl trophies :shifty: