The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Okay, maybe an 8-win season. :P

But Brady's numbers were good, not great, until 2007. There were times when you thought you had the Pats during the dynasty on the ropes, and then suddenly a Vrabel or a Bruschi or a Harrison would come through and change the entire face of the game. Now you think you have the Pats on the ropes and it's Brady who wins the game all by himself. It was the rings he had that made up for it. Now he's the complete package.

He led the league in touchdowns in 2002.

And missed the playoffs, which enforces my point.

Brady had 28, I just had to check that stat. 28 isn't a jaw-dropping number. That was the weirdest NFL season ever by the way. Chad Pennington with the best QB rating if I recall. Rich Gannon winning MVP. Tampa Bay winning the Gruden Bowl. Oh, and Tommy Maddox.

I'll hear nothing bad against Rich Gannon, dude was a beast that year running a super efficient offense.

Also, I don't seem to remember the Super Bowl being played that year. I think there was like, an earthquake or something, and they canceled it. Something like that.

Rich Gannon did good work in those few years with Oakland. They were the 2000 Ravens away from a three-peat as AFC Champions. :shifty: But really, who expected Rich Gannon to be a QB on a Super Bowl contender? When I was a young NFL padawan he was the guy who shared a name with the bad guy from Legend of Zelda, not an NFL MVP.

I heard the 2002 Super Bowl was won by Manchester United. The Gruden Bowl was also played that year and allegedly Jon Gruden knew the playbook of his opponent. Though a proper investigation into whether this was actually cheating has never occurred.

Edited by damshow

This Titans QB situation made me remember about Jeff Garcia for some reason. What's he up to these days, I figured the Titans could give him a call... we're already sucking ass, what's the worst that can happen?

Will have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure the Eagles tried signing him earlier this season.

He's an idiot, unless he had money on his team to beat the spread. Then he's a genius.

I don't get the punt on 4th and 1 with 4 minutes to go when you're down by a touchdown, Chris Johnson is your running back, your quarterback is 9 of 10 in the 2nd half, and the other teams quarterback is Peyton Manning. I also don't get running the clock down to 4 seconds when you're down by two scores. And then throwing the let's lose pizza $100 touchdown once they had no mathematical chance of winning the game. I wouldn't have minded them winning outright because I would kind of like to see the Jaguars make the playoffs, but to end the game like that is incredibly frustrating.

Edited by pizzamonkey

You know what would make Manning even better? If he threw touchdowns to Reggie Wayne. I need to win this week to make the fantasy football playoffs.

Sorry Meacon, My team needed Garcon to do what he did.

Does any of you know why Chris Johnson shakes his head that much? He does it a lot, specially when he is getting interviewed. And TD Titans!

Rumor is that CJ has Tourette's, but it's been denied repeatedly.

After attending the Colts/Titans and being surrounded by some of the more hideously retarded Titans fans I've ever had to listen to, I've determined this: If sports referees got paid off as much as losing teams' fans claim that they're paid off, not a single ref would have to officiate more than a single year. They'd all be able to retire, buy their own South Pacific island, and spend their golden years sipping umbrella drinks.