The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Drew Brees just went Eli Manning on that last pick 6. Eli would have thrown it lefty, but the point still stands :shifty:

I bet Powerhart thinks the Saints need a QB change too since Brees has now thrown 20 interceptions this year.

EDIT: Make it 21, now they need to cut him.

Edited by naiwf

Why can the spot of the ball not be challenged or reviewed by the booth if it's not a first down? That was a whole yard the Saints were given and in those situations that makes all the difference in the world. That's one of those rules that needs fixing.

Edited by damshow
  • Like 1

Drew Brees just went Eli Manning on that last pick 6. Eli would have thrown it lefty, but the point still stands :shifty:

I bet Powerhart thinks the Saints need a QB change too since Brees has now thrown 20 interceptions this year.

EDIT: Make it 21, now they need to cut him.

Ha! It's obvious they do.

I'm excited to say that Ndamukong Suh and Calvin Johnson were both named starters to the Pro Bowl. It's not much of a surprise since both players have been excellent this year (Suh's been absolutely dominant) but still satisfying to see the Lions actually send a few guys. We also managed to get Stefan Logan (KR/PR), John Wendling (Special Teams), and Louis Delmas (Safety) named as alternates.

Even though the record doesn't reflect it, I actually think the Lions are building something for once. I've given them a lot of shit this year, and I've been a tough critic of our coaching staff, but they have really done a good job given the injuries that the team have suffered this year.

Edit - And for shits and giggles, how about this first down laser? http://thecovertwo.com/2010/12/inventor-hopes-nfl-uses-his-first-down-laser/

Edited by VerbalPuke

I would argue that Lawrence Timmons deserves a Pro Bowl nod over Ray Lewis and Jerod Mayo but I find it hard to complain when justice was served and Maurkice Pouncey was named the backup center.

Too bad his early February date in Dallas, Texas is going to preclude him from playing in Hawaii. :pervert:

Too bad his early February date in Dallas, Texas is going to preclude him from playing in Hawaii. :pervert:

Keep dreaming. The road to Dallas winds through Foxboro, and that probably won't be a cakewalk.

As for fantasy: EWB league I came in 5th, which is alright. Would of liked to have done better, but ah well. Had a few tough weeks in shootouts. My other league, I'm winning by 6.5 points right now in the 3rd place game - but the other team has Percy Harvin tonight. As long as Harvin don't score and doesn't go over 50 yards, I'd should take the bronze.

I would argue that Lawrence Timmons deserves a Pro Bowl nod over Ray Lewis and Jerod Mayo but I find it hard to complain when justice was served and Maurkice Pouncey was named the backup center.

I'm going to agree with you on the Timmons note. Ray's been a solid MLB, definitely someone who should start, but he's nowhere near the top of the league anymore. A lot of his tackles are the direct result of Haloti Ngata forcing someone to run at him as a less dangerous option. That says alot. Haloti Ngata is the best DT in the NFL, nobody will ever convince me otherwise. You need to use 2 offensive linemen to block him on every single play. He's a huge part of the reason Suggs has been a Pro Bowler this year.

And just so I don't sacrifice any right I have to be a Ravens fan. Here's Haloti Ngata beating up a rapist. :P

• Like 4

No I just dislike reading your posts. You're a caricature of yourself honestly. Damshow isn't an idiot, he knows he wasn't convicted. Your shitty little post pointing that out just kind of sums up your contributions.

:rolleyes: Yeah because clearly I was being serious.