The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

And the Lions finish the season winning four in a row. I have to wonder how much better this season could have went with a healthy Stafford, but I'm actually optimistic about this team's future. Hats off to our coaching staff for rattling off some wins with a ton of back ups, and (especially on defense) guys that weren't even supposed to be on NFL rosters this year.

Of course the tongue jacking of Brett Farve's shit box was off the fucking charts. The commentators had brown rings around their lips from sucking his ass the whole game.

I was just coming in here to ask if you think he's done. I hope he stays, personally. It gives us a little bit of a better shot at landing Cowher.

If the Giants had lost today Coughlin might have still kept his job, but there's no way he gets sent packing off of a 10 win season :(

Can we enact the EAST COAST BIAS!~ clause and swap out the NFC West paper champion with the Jints?

And the Lions finish the season winning four in a row. I have to wonder how much better this season could have went with a healthy Stafford, but I'm actually optimistic about this team's future. Hats off to our coaching staff for rattling off some wins with a ton of back ups, and (especially on defense) guys that weren't even supposed to be on NFL rosters this year.

Of course the tongue jacking of Brett Farve's shit box was off the fucking charts. The commentators had brown rings around their lips from sucking his ass the whole game.

I totally agree with you in spirit on Favre but dude thats just gross. :puke:

I'm actually glad Coughlin is staying. If they had lost today I'd have agreed with dismissing him, but he's not the one who choked away a crazy lead. I say give him one more year, and dismiss him next year if they don't make the playoffs.

Kevin Gilbride most definitely needs to go though. If I can sit on the couch and accurately predict the plays that often, the opposing defenses most certainly can.

Also, the constant 3rd down draw plays make me want to fucking scream.

I was out of town for a couple of days and I know the thread has moved on but

.....Congrats Srar

.....Evil Chase K, you are a moron

.....Anyone who knows the Giants should have known that Coughlin has a long leash. The man won a Super Bowl and was handpicked by Wellington Mara.

.....Despite so many things going wrong, Peyton Manning still carries team to 3 seed.

.....Really looking forward to Colts/Jets

.....Devin McCourty is a beast. What a shame that he's on the Patriots

Edited by sahyder1

Aagh! I am a Rams fan and this year has just been amazing. But come on the Rams defense needs to step up now late in the game at Seattle. All game the BACKUP for Seattle has been having his way with the secondary. They need to step up for the last ten mins and hold them down. Give Bradford and Jackson the ball so that they can score.

Aagh! I am a Rams fan and this year has just been amazing. But come on the Rams defense needs to step up now late in the game at Seattle. All game the BACKUP for Seattle has been having his way with the secondary. They need to step up for the last ten mins and hold them down. Give Bradford and Jackson the ball so that they can score.

and they haven't been able to do that.

Bradford has had a bad game and it's not like he has the Greatest Receivers on turf to throw to.

All the Rams have on offence is Steven Jackson and the Hawks know that.

I'm actually glad Coughlin is staying. If they had lost today I'd have agreed with dismissing him, but he's not the one who choked away a crazy lead. I say give him one more year, and dismiss him next year if they don't make the playoffs.

Kevin Gilbride most definitely needs to go though. If I can sit on the couch and accurately predict the plays that often, the opposing defenses most certainly can.

We all know what happened in '07.

2004 - 5-2 start, 1-8 finish

2005 - 11-5 regular season . . . 23-0 loss at home to the Panthers in the playoffs.

2006 - 6-2 start, 2-6 finish gets them to backdoor into the playoffs where they lose to the Eagles

2008 - 11-1 start, had the best record in the league until Plaxico shoots himself . . . they finish 1-4 and lose their first playoff game yet again.

2009 - 5-0 start, 3-8 finish, no playoffs

2010 - 6-2 start, 4-4 finish including the most epic of chokes, no playoffs.

How many more years does he get to see the team fail once again down the stretch?

Oakland and San Diego both have had two of the dumbest accomplishments in NFL history this year. Oakland going 6-0 against its division and not making the playoffs just makes my jaw drop. And the Chargers having the top offense and second best defense and missing out on the playoffs blows my mind as well.

For all the talk of the hilariously dumb accomplishments of the NFC West this year, those two from the AFC West deserve inclusion as well whenever we want to talk about things that only will happen in the NFL.

We all know what happened in '07.

2004 - 5-2 start, 1-8 finish

2005 - 11-5 regular season . . . 23-0 loss at home to the Panthers in the playoffs.

2006 - 6-2 start, 2-6 finish gets them to backdoor into the playoffs where they lose to the Eagles

2008 - 11-1 start, had the best record in the league until Plaxico shoots himself . . . they finish 1-4 and lose their first playoff game yet again.

2009 - 5-0 start, 3-8 finish, no playoffs

2010 - 6-2 start, 4-4 finish including the most epic of chokes, no playoffs.

How many more years does he get to see the team fail once again down the stretch?

Like I said, pretty certain 2011 is his last year if they don't make the playoffs. I'm willing to write off the pre-Super Bowl stuff because the teams were so different back then, shitloads of roster turnover in the NFL. Even to this day I think we would have gotten a Giants/Steelers SB in 2008 if Plax wasn't a moron.

I think 2009 is the only year that truly reflected badly on Coughlin since the team so clearly gave up. This year they didn't give up, they just melted down and had a hard time recovering. No coach can shoulder all of the blame for that collapse against the Eagles. I will say though that if they managed to lose to that horrendous Redskins team, dismissing Coughlin would be warranted.

The only way I will regret keeping Coughlin is if Cowher goes to another team this offseason. If he stays with CBS for another year, he's a great fallback option for 2012.

Nice and easy playoff schedule then!

At Indy, if we win that, at New England.

Definitely not my preferred route to Dallas but all those games are winnable and I doubt anyone expects the Jets to win so being the underdogs might help the team.

Either way, been a tremendous sporting year for me (something I'm really not used too...) so I'll enjoy the ride, unless Peyton decides to carve up the Jets D through the middle like he probably will <_<

Edited by Cadj