The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

But none of this would be an issue if the PR/coaching/medical/whoever makes that decision had just kept him in the locker room when they pulled him from the game. Then Fox wouldn't be able to show apathetic Jay sitting on the sideline with his blank stare all game, and it would be a dead issue at this point, being that he is legitimately injured.

You're spot on with that. I don't know whose call it is to make on such issues but the Bears' staff left Cutler out to dry the way they dealt with it. For a good deal of time no-one seemed to know why Jay was out of the game which made the injury sound like an excuse when it finally did come out.

Cutler's definitely physically tough. He played 2007 with undiagnosed type II diabetes and lost 30 pounds during the season.

Not exactly the most outgoing guy, that's fine. Not completely mentally tough? Ok.

The thing that gets me is that he just looks like he doesn't care at all. Dude wouldn't survive 1 season in Philly or New York.

But none of this would be an issue if the PR/coaching/medical/whoever makes that decision had just kept him in the locker room when they pulled him from the game. Then Fox wouldn't be able to show apathetic Jay sitting on the sideline with his blank stare all game, and it would be a dead issue at this point, being that he is legitimately injured.

I don't disagree at all, he should have been sent away, not left to toil around. But to be fair, Fox did show him a couple of times on the bench with Hanie going through a folder of some sort.

Jeff Fisher and the Titans part ways.

Somewhat of a surprising news for me. After the Titans cut Vince Young loose I thought they were going to stick with Fisher at least through this next season but then they get rid of Fisher too, not sure what the plan is now. Though, I have the idea that if Bud Adams decided to cut Fisher then he must have already secured a deal with another Coach. Personally, I'd love the Titans to get Bill Cowher or Jim Gruden.

Senility really hit Adams hard over the last few years, but that said it was time for Fisher to go. We talked about it earlier in the thread, but going as long as he did without winning a Super Bowl is inexcusable. One would think they've secured another guy to come in and coach, a big name and all that, but part of me thinks within 3 seconds of Fisher getting fired there would be a name out there and a credible source.

Andy Reid is now the longest-tenured coach in the NFL.

It isn't that people necessarily have an issue with Fischer being let go ... it's that it seems odd now considering that they showed Vince the door. Getting rid of both of them doesn't really make sense when given the perceived "problems" with the team/locker room.

If they're rebuilding completely, fine. However, they've chosen an odd way to go about it.

'm guessing that is from his last appearance in the Astrodome.

It's from a game in '09 between the Titans and Bills. Both he and Ralph Wilson are original owners from the AFL. Given the history between the two owners/franchises (notabely "THE Comeback" and "Music City Miracle") Bud was venting some frustration after the Titans beat the dog shit out of Buffalo like 40 to 17 or some crap.

Jeff Fisher and the Titans part ways.

After the Titans cut Vince Young loose I thought they were going to stick with Fisher at least through this next season but then they get rid of Fisher too, not sure what the plan is now.

When did the Titans cut Vince Young? He's still very much a Titan at the moment.

ECK is crying

Soooooo, should the Pack win and stuff the run ECK already has his excuse lined up.

:rolleyes:

I have faith that Doug Legursky can handle shit. Does it hurt the Steelers? Of course. But as long as they can handle Raji they should be fine in the middle of the field. I'm more worried about having to keep a TE or RB in to chip on Matthews when he's lined up opposite Jonathan Scott than anything else.

The Steelers have managed to get to the Super Bowl while overcoming major injuries all season. What's one more?

ECK is crying

Soooooo, should the Pack win and stuff the run ECK already has his excuse lined up.

I have faith that Doug Legursky can handle shit. Does it hurt the Steelers? Of course. But as long as they can handle Raji they should be fine in the middle of the field. I'm more worried about having to keep a TE or RB in to chip on Matthews when he's lined up opposite Jonathan Scott than anything else.

The Steelers have managed to get to the Super Bowl while overcoming major injuries all season. What's one more?

You do realize that this post completely contradicts your tone about the O-Line and the force that Pouncy has been, that you've displayed earlier in the thread ... right ?

Then again, it is coming from the guy that told me that the past means absolutely shit only to turn around and try to use 2008 to prove a point (Y)

ECK is crying

You do realize that this post completely contradicts your tone about the O-Line and the force that Pouncy has been, that you've displayed earlier in the thread ... right ?

Then again, it is coming from the guy that told me that the past means absolutely shit only to turn around and try to use 2008 to prove a point (Y)

No it doesn't.

Pouncey is by far the Steelers best o-lineman. But the guys they do have are fighters. Legursky is as well. He's going to give it his all.

At this point where it hurts the team the most is o-line depth. If someone goes down the Steelers could be in trouble.

Every time a player gets hurt the media and Steelers fans question his replacement. Mike Tomlin has done a great job with getting his backups to play like starters.

Where it hurts the Steelers the most is blocking at the second-level. Legs is good in a phone booth, he can block his man and get stalemates. He isn't going to do what Pouncey does and block a guy out of the play and then get out in front of the play and block someone else.