The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

ECK is crying

Soooooo, should the Pack win and stuff the run ECK already has his excuse lined up.

:rolleyes:

I have faith that Doug Legursky can handle shit. Does it hurt the Steelers? Of course. But as long as they can handle Raji they should be fine in the middle of the field. I'm more worried about having to keep a TE or RB in to chip on Matthews when he's lined up opposite Jonathan Scott than anything else.

The Steelers have managed to get to the Super Bowl while overcoming major injuries all season. What's one more?

You do realize that this post completely contradicts your tone about the O-Line and the force that Pouncy has been, that you've displayed earlier in the thread ... right ?

Then again, it is coming from the guy that told me that the past means absolutely shit only to turn around and try to use 2008 to prove a point (Y)

You wouldn't have these problems if you weren't always wrong about the Steelers. Which you are, obviously.

ECK is crying

Soooooo, should the Pack win and stuff the run ECK already has his excuse lined up.

:rolleyes:

I have faith that Doug Legursky can handle shit. Does it hurt the Steelers? Of course. But as long as they can handle Raji they should be fine in the middle of the field. I'm more worried about having to keep a TE or RB in to chip on Matthews when he's lined up opposite Jonathan Scott than anything else.

The Steelers have managed to get to the Super Bowl while overcoming major injuries all season. What's one more?

You do realize that this post completely contradicts your tone about the O-Line and the force that Pouncy has been, that you've displayed earlier in the thread ... right ?

Then again, it is coming from the guy that told me that the past means absolutely shit only to turn around and try to use 2008 to prove a point (Y)

No it doesn't.

Pouncey is by far the Steelers best o-lineman. But the guys they do have are fighters. Legursky is as well. He's going to give it his all.

At this point where it hurts the team the most is o-line depth. If someone goes down the Steelers could be in trouble.

Every time a player gets hurt the media and Steelers fans question his replacement. Mike Tomlin has done a great job with getting his backups to play like starters.

Where it hurts the Steelers the most is blocking at the second-level. Legs is good in a phone booth, he can block his man and get stalemates. He isn't going to do what Pouncey does and block a guy out of the play and then get out in front of the play and block someone else.

They are two different things.

• Like 1

It isn't that people necessarily have an issue with Fischer being let go ... it's that it seems odd now considering that they showed Vince the door. Getting rid of both of them doesn't really make sense when given the perceived "problems" with the team/locker room.

If they're rebuilding completely, fine. However, they've chosen an odd way to go about it.

'm guessing that is from his last appearance in the Astrodome.

It's from a game in '09 between the Titans and Bills. Both he and Ralph Wilson are original owners from the AFL. Given the history between the two owners/franchises (notabely "THE Comeback" and "Music City Miracle") Bud was venting some frustration after the Titans beat the dog shit out of Buffalo like 40 to 17 or some crap.

I knew that, was just making a joke :P

As for Pouncey being out, it sucks. They'll just have to do what they can without him. If they can't win with injuries to players, they weren't deep enough and didn't deserve to win. The best teams win with injuries and it's not an excuse for losing in my mind. I still think they'll win the game even with Pouncey hurt. Green Bay's shown they can be beaten by a team like Chicago and Pittsburgh is basically them with better offensive weapons and a better defense (In my opinion).

Should be an interesting game.

Oh, sorry.

I meant there are no excuses... BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY WE ARE GOING TO LOSE ANYWAYS! WOOOO! BJ RAJI IS TOO FAT TO CATCH BEN! WOOOO! TROY WILL KILL HIM AND SHIT! WOOOO! ANTONIO BROWN WILL ONCE AGAIN SOMEHOW HAVE THE BIGGEST CATCH OF THE GAME FOR US WOOOO!

Better?

So I was reading an article in Rolling Stone yesterday about the NFL. There was this comment by Matt Taibbi:

The Super Bowl trophy is the one thing Americans will forgive anything to get, which is what makes it so awesome. You can drown dogs, text pictures of your dong to hapless bimbos, eat steroids by the steel-drumful, cheat with video cameras, lie to cops about the murderers who fled the scene of the crime in your stretch Navigator, or just be an incorrigible sex offender who serially attacks defenseless women (try to figure out who I'm talking about there!), but if you win it all, it's still endorsement time, baby!

Alright, so that's Vick, Favre, ?, ?, ?, and I presume Roethlisberger. Who are the ?'s?

So I was reading an article in Rolling Stone yesterday about the NFL. There was this comment by Matt Taibbi:

The Super Bowl trophy is the one thing Americans will forgive anything to get, which is what makes it so awesome. You can drown dogs, text pictures of your dong to hapless bimbos, eat steroids by the steel-drumful, cheat with video cameras, lie to cops about the murderers who fled the scene of the crime in your stretch Navigator, or just be an incorrigible sex offender who serially attacks defenseless women (try to figure out who I'm talking about there!), but if you win it all, it's still endorsement time, baby!

Alright, so that's Vick, Favre, ?, ?, ?, and I presume Roethlisberger. Who are the ?'s?

Pfft, obviously wrong.

I hate Chase for bringing that to my attention. Pittsburgh was neck and neck with Buffalo for my favourite team pre Ben the rapist, I was excited for them going 3-1 in their first 4, and was hoping for somebody to cripple Ben and for Charlie Batch to save them, and now all I think of is him holding the clipboard outside the college bar bathroom, hoping for Ben to pull something so he can get some action.

After David Akers missed two kicks in the Philadelphia Eagles' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers earlier this month, safety Quintin Mikell said his teammate was distracted by an off-field issue.

His agent, Jerrold Colton, said it was a "private family health concern". Akers had been silent on the issue but told The Philadelphia Inquirer in a story that appeared in Sunday's editions that his 6-year-old daughter Halley had a malignant cyst in her left ovary that was removed in the week after the game.

Akers

Akers

"They used the word tumor or cyst or growth," Akers told the newspaper. "And you're like, 'OK, what does that mean?' Cancer is what that means."

Akers' wife, Erika, told the newspaper that she could tell from her seat in the stands at Lincoln Financial Field that her husband's mind wasn't solely on the game against the Packers.

"I could tell he was there doing his job," she told the newspaper. "But he wasn't there."

Akers missed field goals of 41 and 34 yards in the Eagles' 21-16 loss to the Packers.

According to early tests, doctors believe they removed all of the malignant tumor. Halley has to get blood tests each month for the rest of the year and then more tests periodically. Even is she remains cancer-free she likely will also eventually have to have her right ovary removed.

"I think a lot of it is the unknown for us, and still not knowing, still kind of holding on," Akers told the newspaper. "You just don't think this is going to happen to your kid."

Akers, who will be the NFC's kicker in Sunday's Pro Bowl, will be a free agent this offseason.