The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

And his 2 TDs today came after they were already down 21-3. His poor play early blew the game. At that point in time, he was in contention for outdoing his awful first SB effort. The majority of his "numbers" came against the prevent defense after GB had lost two of their primary guys in the defensive backfield. I think it says something that he's been outplayed by the opposing QB in all 3 of his Super Bowl appearances, and yet he still has 2 wins.

not just that.... his 2 TD's came after 2-3 key players of the Packer secondary went to the locker room.

Nope, sorry. Didn't see it.

Doesn't mean it's not true. Google "Ben Roethlisberger redemption," that was the story going into this game, absurd as it was.

troll.jpg

At this point that's all he is being. Chase must be posting for attention, especially with that remark. Didn't see it? Shit, it was all I posted about on here and majority of my updates regarding the game on Twitter. Phoned my sister during the game to ask her a question and her husband remarked "You think they're Big Ben fans?". Spoke with my stepfather and he offhandedly remarked "They really want Ben to redeem himself and win tonight".

You're trolling and to top it off you're bad at it. Seriously, Vickie Guerrero/X-Pac heat not Jericho heat.

And his 2 TDs today came after they were already down 21-3. His poor play early blew the game. At that point in time, he was in contention for outdoing his awful first SB effort. The majority of his "numbers" came against the prevent defense after GB had lost two of their primary guys in the defensive backfield. I think it says something that he's been outplayed by the opposing QB in all 3 of his Super Bowl appearances, and yet he still has 2 wins.

not just that.... his 2 TD's came after 2-3 key players of the Packer secondary went to the locker room.

I just said that :P

I posted a Simpsons reference when somebody talked about how unkillable Brock Lesnar was, too.

I do this periodically--attempt to reconcile you sports nerds with my own other-types-of-nerd thing.

So how did Refrigerator Perry do in this game?

I just said that :P

lol I definitely should have read your whole post.

Collins had also went to the back for IV's after Shields/Woodson.

Edited by mystikz

I'm starting to think that Ben raped naiwf with the way he pretty much constantly rips on him and the Steelers. Didn't realize you base an entire franchise on one player and a couple of their fans. I've never gone in here and said Ben is some sort of god and I certainly never said he was the best QB or that they ever won anything because of him or any one player. No one player wins games, that's not how football works.

Both teams went out today and played. The Steelers made mistakes on both sides of the ball aside from Ben's two picks (Fumbling in GB territory, awful secondary coverage) while Green Bay made far fewer. Regardless of whatever people in the media say I personally never thought of Ben as the 'omfg greatest qb ever' and while I obviously can't tell you what he did off the field since I am not a part of any investigations into his accused rapes nor have I seeked out information on these cases or what have you I can't really tell you what he did or not. Most people seem to think he raped two women. I don't know, but I am obviously not happy to even hear him accused.

In short, fuck off on the excessive Steelers bashing, stop acting like other teams in the league don't have guys who've hit their spouses/sold drugs/killed people or whatever other illegal activities they've done and try looking at the other players on the team who aren't accused rapists and actually have helped the communities they live in. Not to mention the Rooney family doesn't deserve you shitting all over them after everything they've done for the team. I HATE arguing like this, but it gets tiresome to see my team getting ripped over things like this just because Chase and Steelers fans like him piss you off. I apologize actually for making this seem like a personal attack on Naiwf too, because he's obviously not the only one whose said things like this too.

So yeah, end of rant.

• Like 6

Ben Roethlisberger did not play a very good game in the first half but if we're going to discredit everything he did because Charles Woodson went down, then we might as well do the same for his negatives. That first interception wasn't his fault. Mike Wallace had his man beat and Nick Collins wasn't in position over the top to stop what likely would have been a completion for at the very least, a long reception. Instead, Pittsburgh's offensive line got overpowered (what else is new?) and Ben got hit before he could actually set his feet and release a better ball. Ended up being underthrown and picked off for a touchdown. Did he look great in the first half? No and it their lazy start definitely screwed them, but it wasn't all on him. Everybody on that Pittsburgh defense sans Lamaar Woodley and James Harrison looked pathetic. Big Play William Gay may have played the worst game a guy in the Super Bowl could possibly perform, defensive player of the year Troy Polamalu did nothing except get out of position on a Greg Jennings touchdown, and Ryan Clark sucked again but what else is new. Not sure why Pittsburgh got away from Rashard (Rushard) Mendenhall so quick. Despite the fumble, he still gave them the best chance to win. Guess they had no choice when they inexcusably wasted two timeouts, though. As for the Ben Roethlisberger and legendary comments, deserved or not, you are lying to yourself if you don't think a win today would have about nearly guaranteed his entry into the Hall of Fame just as long as he didn't suddenly drop dead and still managed to play at a consistent level the rest of the way. Personally, I already consider him the best quarterback in Pittsburgh history. The guy is the most clutch quarterback in the league right now with only Tom Brady and to a lesser extent, Peyton Manning being close.

There is no doubt in my mind that Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the game right now after his performance today. It's still understandable if you would take the likes of Brady, Manning, or Brees over him but Aaron Rodgers has EVERYTHING you look for in a quarterback. Arm strength, accuracy, intelligence, poise/leadership, and mobility. Personally feel Steve Young is the most skilled quarterback to ever step on the gridiron and Aaron Rodgers reminds me such much of him with the amount of ways he can beat you. With how young they are and talented at about every single position it seems, this is the first team in awhile that legitimately looks like they could be working towards a dynasty. Gonna be difficult in this day and age with the amount of parity around the league, but I'm just that high on Aaron Rodgers. Helps when you've got arguably the best general manager in the game, a top three defensive coordinator and a great offensive mind in Mike McCarthy, who without him Greenbay wouldn't be where they are today (essential part in the develop of what was a raw Aaron Rodgers back in 2006).

Edited by Boltstrikes

I don't even get the need to rag on Ben over his performance anyway. He was poor in the first half, then pretty damn good in the second and made some massive plays as he usually does. I don't overrate him like some media and fans do, but it's a shame every Steelers game and conversation in the future is going to be dominated by the same old shit of 'BIG BEN LITTLE WILLY RAPIST'.

Reflecting on the game, still gutted after the massive turn around, but there's not much doubt that the Packers deserved that victory. The Mendenhall fumble was the moment that likely lost us the game, but then again the Packers could of done a hell of a lot more damage if they were catching properly, so no excuses can even be made. On the day the better team won, hope we learn from this and come back stronger.

• Like 1

So I watched my first SuperBowl last night. My opinion? Lots of unnecessary ad-breaks!

Oh, and I think it was a pretty even game. Was rooting for the Steelers (a little), but Green Bay played very well early on.

I'll probably watch it again next year, but I think I need beer and something to pass the time between the ridiculous number of breaks.

So I watched my first SuperBowl last night. My opinion? Lots of unnecessary ad-breaks!

Oh, and I think it was a pretty even game. Was rooting for the Steelers (a little), but Green Bay played very well early on.

I'll probably watch it again next year, but I think I need beer and something to pass the time between the ridiculous number of breaks.

Fatty food. Most people drink a lot of beer and eat fatty food.

I don't think you can call Big Ben the most clutch QB in the NFL right now, Boltstrikes. He sure as hell wasn't looking clutch at all in the final 2 minute drive. His passes weren't great, like usual, and his decision making was awful. Only 1 time out, clock running...so you throw a 4 yard pass to Hines Ward in the middle of the field? C'mon, even Vinny Testeverde wouldn't make that throw!

I'm starting to think that Ben raped naiwf with the way he pretty much constantly rips on him and the Steelers. Didn't realize you base an entire franchise on one player and a couple of their fans. I've never gone in here and said Ben is some sort of god and I certainly never said he was the best QB or that they ever won anything because of him or any one player. No one player wins games, that's not how football works.

Both teams went out today and played. The Steelers made mistakes on both sides of the ball aside from Ben's two picks (Fumbling in GB territory, awful secondary coverage) while Green Bay made far fewer. Regardless of whatever people in the media say I personally never thought of Ben as the 'omfg greatest qb ever' and while I obviously can't tell you what he did off the field since I am not a part of any investigations into his accused rapes nor have I seeked out information on these cases or what have you I can't really tell you what he did or not. Most people seem to think he raped two women. I don't know, but I am obviously not happy to even hear him accused.

In short, fuck off on the excessive Steelers bashing, stop acting like other teams in the league don't have guys who've hit their spouses/sold drugs/killed people or whatever other illegal activities they've done and try looking at the other players on the team who aren't accused rapists and actually have helped the communities they live in. Not to mention the Rooney family doesn't deserve you shitting all over them after everything they've done for the team. I HATE arguing like this, but it gets tiresome to see my team getting ripped over things like this just because Chase and Steelers fans like him piss you off. I apologize actually for making this seem like a personal attack on Naiwf too, because he's obviously not the only one whose said things like this too.

So yeah, end of rant.

So let me get this straight? Sports fans aren't supposed to hate one of the most hate worthy players on one of the most hated franchises in sports?

When people start coming on here to constantly talk about the greatness/innocence of players on other teams who have made horrible decisions multiple times you'd have a point. When a player from Giants takes advantage of a woman in a bathroom with police offers aiding him and Naiwf comes here to defend that Giants player, you'd have a point. In that same example swap in Maxx/Cowboys(I think?), me/49ers, etc. It is sports. People hate athletes for far smaller things then multiple rape allegations. Deal with it. Will we ever know if he actually raped those women? No. But his decision making has shown him to be a moron. Like I mentioned earlier, sports fans have hated athletes for far less.

Those commercials are part of what makes the Super Bowl the most watched TV event every year. There is a segment of the population that tunes in for the commercials. The companies that aired the commercials in the US paid nearly $3 Million for each 30 second ad. Companies make commercials specifically for the Super Bowl. YouTube has all of the ones from this year.

Edited by sahyder1

Ben is definitely one of the best in the league when it comes to clutching college girls.

• Like 3