Actors / Actresses Who Deserve a Vehicle

Benji

So I've decided, I absolutely love Kristin Chenoweth, from the stuff I saw on the West Wing years back, to Pushing Daisies, to her guest appearances on Glee, I absolutely love the woman, she's a fantastic little actress and I really deserves a show of her own to highlight her talent. It got me thinking about those actors and actresses who we genuinely love but who've yet to truly be highlighted as the star rather than a star.

For those unaware of who she is:

kristin-chenoweth.jpg

• Like 1

Paris Hilton, who *thinks* she's an actress, deserves to be run over by a vehicle. Does that count? :shifty:

Jeri Ryan, who was on Star Trek Voyager and Boston Public just guest-starred on Leverage for several episodes but left in the season finale, and I'd love to see her get a new series. (Gina Bellman, who plays Sophie Devereaux on Leverage was pregnant in real life so they brought Jeri Ryan in to play her character's replacement as the team's con artist)

She was really great in her first appearance on Leverage and in another episode (the one with the fashion designer scam, if anyone watches the series).

Christian Kane. It's probably my hard on for the man, but while he's awesome in Leverage, I've always thought the guy could easily by the star of his own TV Show.

It should be a show about two brothers. With Josh Holloway playing the other brother. I'm not sure there's any kind of media that could contain that much awesome though.

Christian Kane. It's probably my hard on for the man, but while he's awesome in Leverage, I've always thought the guy could easily by the star of his own TV Show.

It should be a show about two brothers. With Josh Holloway playing the other brother. I'm not sure there's any kind of media that could contain that much awesome though.

I've been preaching this since the first season of Angel. I'd also like to see Alexis Denisoff could have used his own show. He's got great depth as an actor.

The problem with Denisoff is that he's much better when he's playing off of someone else. As a comedy side kick, his interactions with Angel & Cordy made him one of the best things on the show, as a Serious Bastard, his time with Spike, Illyria & Fred made him the coolest character going.

Also, Lance Henrikson needs a new show.

Since we're talking Star Vehicles, I have to give a shout out to Lie To Me. Tim Roth on a weekly basis? Yay! smug.gif

Yeah, Lie To Me is awesome. I could watch Tim Roth in anything, so it's good he's made a really easy transition as he is someone who has credibility as a "film" actor as well.

Because it's not like Tim Roth has been in bigger films than The Incredible Hulk... Reservoir Dogs says hi. hmm.gif

I love Roth, but his time as an A-Lister has been fading away for some time now. The transition into television comes at a great time, quite a few older stars are finding their niche on TV nowadays.

He wasn't in it, but he plays Jacob in Lost and Lucifer in Supernatural. He also had a part as Paul, Ritas ex-husband in Dexter.

Also, I don't know if he could star in his own show, but Peter Stormare needs to be on my television all the time. That man even made Constantine enjoyable, and he was only in it for about 4 minutes.

edit: It's only a rumor, but holy shit, apparently Pellegrino is in the running the play the lead in The Walking Dead. Holy shit, that would be beyond kick ass.

Basically half of the cast of The Wire. Especially Wood Harris and J.D. Williams. I'd say Idris Elba but he seems to be well on his way.

Michael K Williams (Omar) needs to be on TV more often. I heard he was starring in a pilot directed by Scorsese, but I have no idea if it got picked up. It would be nice to see Tristan Wilds star in something I'd watch (not 90210).

Beside those, I want to see Tim Curry in a sitcom. He's been out of the limelight for far too long.

Basically half of the cast of The Wire. Especially Wood Harris and J.D. Williams. I'd say Idris Elba but he seems to be well on his way.

Michael K Williams (Omar) needs to be on TV more often. I heard he was starring in a pilot directed by Scorsese, but I have no idea if it got picked up. It would be nice to see Tristan Wilds star in something I'd watch (not 90210).

Beside those, I want to see Tim Curry in a sitcom. He's been out of the limelight for far too long.

If it's Boardwalk Empire you're talking about (the pilot), I'm almost certain it's been picked up/is very likely to get picked up. I'm looking forward to it for the amount of Steve Buscemi it will be throwing my way. biggrin.gif

And yeah, Curry really needs to make a transition. He guest starred in Psych as a Simon Cowell esque character and was awesome.

Steve Buscemi, Michael Imperioli and Kirk Acevedo come to mind immediately. Either separately or together, it would be most excellent to have all three on my television. Michael K Williams is definitely another one.

James Masters needs another big television role. Outside of his few apperances on Smallville; there's been a massive gap with him on my television. Something that needs to be filled.

This has actually got me thinking of how many actors finish a long term TV show and move on to new and better things. Boreanaz went and did Bones; but many stars just fade.