UFC News and Discussion Thread

Yay for Heath Herring. I've been waiting for him to fight in the UFC for years and I'm actually looking forward to seeing him more than anything else. Hopefully he can revitalize his career in the States. UFC.com has the infamous Kiss of Death in an ad for UFN...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia...il&gid=4228

I haven't actually seen it on Spike yet.

http://www.nbcsports.com/ufc/index.html

NBC has set up a nice page with some video. Not sure how Sam Stout is their #1 contender in the lightweight division though. Also found it odd in the three pictures they have in the pics section, Tito/Chuck from 66, Arlovski from 66 (I think).... and Penn/Hughes 1 where Penn is choking him out....strange choice.

You won't see him:

Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon

Jake O'Brien vs. Heath Herring

Hermes Franca vs. Spencer Fisher

Swing Bout if time permits: Dean Lister vs. Nate Marquardt

UFC wanted Dean Lister vs. Nate Marquardt on the main card, but Spike TV didn't think it'd draw interest so it's the swing bout. UFC wanted to promote Herring and have Rashad on the tv card, so it was really a decent LW or top MW contender match. I hope we see it, but not sure, if Evans can finish Salmon early I think we'll see it because Herring should finish early too. Franca/Fisher could be interesting.

Franca/Fisher is cancelled. Fisher apprently has an injury and pulled out. Diego Saraieva is the replacement, yes a replacement within 24 hours. It hasn't been confirmed anywhere by my knowledge but Bodog put up Diego's name and other better sites took the match down, so that was good enough for me...

Nate/Dean will be moved to opening bout probably, so we will see it.

Edit: LMFAO! The UFN Commercial I saw on VH1 and I'm sure is airing elsewhere is the kissing incident. That's gold. And they've built him up by showing the guy on the stretcher and then saying Texas Crazy Horse Herring, blah blah.

Edited by ACCBiggz

There is a pretty cool new video of Mirko Cro Cop up at 67.ufc.com which features footage and interviews bits with Dana White and Joe Rogan giving him the proverbial handjob. Get to it by clicking the Mirko Cro Cop tab on that site.

It's a really great video to hype up Mirko's arrival, but no video pumps me for Cro Cop quite like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_PrippGn4 . It's a pretty average highlight package all together, but the beginning and end make it great.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

There is a pretty cool new video of Mirko Cro Cop up at 67.ufc.com which features footage and interviews bits with Dana White and Joe Rogan giving him the proverbial handjob. Get to it by clicking the Mirko Cro Cop tab on that site.

It's a really great video to hype up Mirko's arrival, but no video pumps me for Cro Cop quite like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_PrippGn4 . It's a pretty average highlight package all together, but the beginning and end make it great.

I'll update this with results with prelims as I get them, and then Main Card and Lister/Marquardt (after the show perhaps) as those will be the only matches we see.

At the beginning of the night they announced Diego vs. Kos for April's UFC 69.

My Predictions:

Rashad Evans

Nate Marquardt

Heath Herring

Hermes Franca

Ed Herman

Josh Burkman

Din Thomas

Rich Clementi

Rich Clementi made easy work of Ross Pointon in the night’s first fight. With both fighters on their feet most of the bout, Clementi eventually scored a second-round rear naked choke for the victory.

Din Thomas scored a close but unanimous win (29-28 on all cards) over Clay Guida.

Chris Price, who weighed in seven pounds over the 185-pound limit (but was given a reprieve by his opponent), lost via armbar to Ed Herman in the night’s third fight.

Josh Burkman defeats Chad Reiner via unanimous decision.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Diego vs. Kos from TUF season 1 was one of the gutsiest fights I've ever seen. It wasn't pretty or overly action packed, but it was just a grueling war from start to finish. I'm hardly a fan of Kos' style, but Diego matches up well against him and should make for a more exciting fight than it appears on paper. As long as Kos pushes the pace, Diego should bring the goods because Diego is at his most intense and entertaining when he's opponent brings it as well.

And I'm worried about my boy Heath, he weighed in at 250 pounds and the Heath Herring I know and love never looks like he weighs more than 240. I could be wrong, but my first thought was the 250 for Heath is a tad overweight.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy