UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Takayamanofear

I am just going to get this over with, MSNBC first of all covers a series called Warrior Nation. Secondly MMA is considered a sport even ESPN has covered it and ESPN shows no MMA. NBC does not show a lot of sports that are on the NBC sports website

That was a really sick armbar by Ed Herman. He goes from uber choker to man beast in one fight.

Sean Salmon is dead. His parents are dead. I think his great grandparents have a concussion from that shot.

Franca really surprised me with his knockout victory and his little speech to Dana White afterwords was funny.

Herman's arm-bar was brutal and it's good to see him get a much needed win.

Heath Herring really disappointed me. I've seen some of his past fights and I liked his style , but tonight he just blew it. he came out expecting the guy to slug with him and when he didn't he got angry. He didn't even try to block the takedowns or nothing. and him complaining after the fight was unsportsmanlike . I hope he'll get another fight in the future and actually prepare himself

Salmon won the 1st round imo , Not to fond of his karate kick in the beginning , but he started to fight and I was impressed. Rashad proved that he has stopping power with that kick. I hope Salmon is ok , If I was him that would be my last fight ever

France won as I predicted in a TKO/KO fashion. His rant afterwards was a complete rip-off of GSP, meh.

Herring, *sigh*, yeah I think we had enough repore on that already tonight.

Rashad did as I said, stopped it early, thought it'd be a first rounder. However, thoughts and prayers are with Sean right now. Still no word has been recieved by those close to him and I'll try to get word on his condition as soon as I see it. Some fight fans are upset UFC didn't post anything about his condition and still haven't, but you can't be upset with UFC. They probably don't know the extent of his injuries and don't want to report something that may turn out to be false. I'm sure something will come within the next couple of hours somewhere.

Fuck, I thought coming to the UFC would be the fresh start Herring needed to get his career on track. I guess not. I'm a Heath Herring fan and I hope he does get at least one more shot before they dump hi, but after last night, I wouldn't be upset if I never see him back in the UFC. He didn't come prepared at all and hasn't looked like his old self in years.

Anyways, that Evans/Salmon KO was amazing, an early contender for knockout of the year. Let's see if it can replace Pete Williams' head kick KO on Mark Coleman as the most memorable head kick knockout in UFC history.

The rest rough schedule for the UFC right through the Spring looks something like this...

UFC 67

Main Card Bouts:

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Eddie Sanchez

-Anderson Silva (#2 Middleweight)* vs. Travis Lutter

-Quinton Jackson (#7 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Marvin Eastman

-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson

-Scott Smith vs. Patrick Cote

Preliminary Bouts [bout placement is subject to change]:

-Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger

-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar

-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin

-Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraiva