UFC News and Discussion Thread

I was actually thinking earlier that this could've been the first PPV in a while where GSP wasn't at.. but damn, he's just at every single show isn't he?

Rampage should of kept going after him instead of letting him recover. While i really wanted Rampage to win cause i'd rather see Shogun/Rampage II then Shogun/Evans at this moment in time, Evans fought the fight he needed to.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Rampage needed to do something crazy in that third round. When he got the knockdown, he needed to press that advantage rather than think Rashad was irrevocably hurt.

Can't comment on anything else as I only saw the one match.

i can appriciate the gameplan and control in keeping Rampage against the cage for pretty much two rounds but the fanboy in me who wants to see just brawls etc was disapointed

i want to see Arona but he's had a long layoff and it's just a question has he recovered from his injuries. I can't see him challenging for the title but he'll be an mid/upper tier fighter in the division

Well, not a single one of my picks won tonight. That was mildly irritating but since I only had download credit and not real money riding on it, I'm okay with it. Diego just seemed way off his game tonight and couldn't execute anything. I honestly think that Brillz was robbed as I'm pretty sure the first two rounds were his and the third round could have went either way. That one punch knock out of Duffee was downright awesome. Not sure if that was Miller's gameplan or not but it shouldn't have been. He just couldn't win a stand up fight with Bisping and I think he would have had a better chance if he had tried for the take down in the first round rather than the attempted set up which Bisping saw from a mile away. Rashad and Rampage turned out the way I figured, but not the way I was hoping. That right hand seemed to shake Rampage and he never really managed to get back into the game. Rashad did what I expected by laying on him and grinding out a decision. The undercard was good, the main event was a disappointment.

UFC seriously needs a new production crew who can make different videos as the opening videos are just the exact same every time with the same damn song, it's getting annoying.

No, its awesome it ALWAYS gets me hyped up.... You get annoying :P

I was actually thinking earlier that this could've been the first PPV in a while where GSP wasn't at.. but damn, he's just at every single show isn't he?

He does French commentary when he isn't in camp/fighting so he kind of has to be there ^_^ , much like Florain is always there because of ESPN. Couture's always there too.

Awesome night, would have preferred a Rampage win, but it was great to see Rashad look so good, Bisping winning was solid if unspectacular, the Russow win was awesome, such a fight back, Dufee looked gassed, his muscles mass is surely a hinderance at times. Hathaway looked awesome, as did Guillard, Diabate knocking out Cane in the first made me go "Wow" impressive win there. I had Brilz winning 29-28 but could see why two judges went with Li' Nog in what was an awesome toe-to-toe battle. It was a pity to see Sadollah lose, but Stun Gun looked awesome, would love to see the ground abttle between him and Fitch one day. Escudero looked great coming off the back of the loss to Dunham, Lauzon looked out of shape, and the commentary really didn't help him look good in defeat.

I seriously can't wait for Shogun vs Rashad, and I am excited to play fantasy booker over the next couple of weeks with the likes of Hathaway, Bisping, Kim and Escudero.