UFC News and Discussion Thread

I can't see it main eventing in the US but could see it main eventing the upcoming card over here it'd be a pretty good fight to have on Spike and should get good viewings

Little hype vid I found to get people pumped for 116. Can't wait for this.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Dana has said (again) that Chuck will never fight in the UFC again and he'd sooner release him.

Cro Cop has suggested that he'd like to fight Couture, then Big Nog, then Gonzaga. I'd kind of like to see all those really, maybe Nog a little less.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Cro Cop/Couture just makes so much sense to me. It's got the name value that people will care about it, but also it's two guys who really shouldn't be fighting top-level competition anymore.

I want to see the return of the Dragon. Jackson vs. Machida would definitely divide my household and make for at least one awkward holiday but I'm sure my brother would love to see that too. Both fighters weren't themselves in thier latest fights. That would make a fanboy's dream if they clashed once both are on top of thier game.

p.s. lol (SIN!!!!!!)

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Dana on SportsCentre, now taking his lines from The Comedy Network promos:

For years, our heavyweight division sucked! It doesn't anymore.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

And for the triple post, Meltzer is reporting that Rampage/Nog isn't anywhere near official despite Rampage wanting it, but since it's leaked there's a chance that UFC might be warming up to it. UFC wanted Rampage/Machida and Nog/Evans, but Evans doesn't want to risk his title shot.

Rampage says he turned down that fight because he didn't want two boring fights in a row.

Awwwww Thanks alot Rampage for crushing a fanboys dream! Now to go put lemon juice in my eyes and get hit by a train. Sadly my performance against the train would still be better than yours against Evans. Joking but seriously, that is disappointing.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah it's a bit early, but what the hell. Deserves its own thread because Lesnar fights always garner more EWB interest for obvious reasons.

Predictions anyone? I went with Carwin by first-round TKO in my picks for Rich's contest, but I really wouldn't be surprised by any outcome. I guess my second guess would be Carwin gassing (he's never been tested past the first round) and Lesnar either getting a late TKO or wrestling his way to a decision, but that's less fun.

For what the undercard lacks in name value, I'd advise you all to watch it anyhow for the excitement factor. Leben is somebody who hates having dull fights, Lytle/Brown should be explosive, Sotiropolous/Pellegrino could be amazing, and if you go really far down the card Petruzelli should be fun, Gerald Harris is a great name to watch for the future, and Daniel Roberts was booked for an impressive and quick victory.

I'm probably looking forward to 117 more because literally every fight has at least one guy I care about, but tonight's show should nonetheless be great.

Pumped for the main fight, going with Lesnar to win. I'm leaning towards TKO in Round II, although I'd be surprised if I was right and this one actually made it out of the first round. The longer it last, the more it'll favour Lesnar.

Quite looking forward to the rest of the card too, certainly Leben/Akiyama. And although some are bad mouthing it, I'm really looking forward to the Bonnar rematch.

I think Carwin wins, but I'll be routing for Lesnar. I can't help but to mark for him, and if he wins I'm looking forward to his victory speech.

I can see Carwin running out of gas late in the fight, but I'm not sure it's going to go late into the second round.

I'll be trying to watch it live, but I need to find someone who has it first, can't afford to order it myself. As always I'll be routing for Lesnar and predict a third round TKO for him.

I'll be trying to watch it live, but I need to find someone who has it first, can't afford to order it myself. As always I'll be routing for Lesnar and predict a third round TKO for him.

Are you not in the UK? You don't order it, it's on ESPN :/

Are you not in the UK? You don't order it, it's on ESPN :/

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

... need to find someone with ESPN.