UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato head

Glover Texeira versus Rampage at UFC 153 in Brazil. Man are they gonna' push Texeira hard.

He's good enough for the push. Supposedly a lot of fighters are afraid to fight him. And supposedly it's Rampage last contracted fight and everyone assumes he'll be done after that.

Anthony LaPaglia plays for them! :o

And he's the owner at the same time!

About Glover, it's a really hard push for the guy. I mean, his best wins were against Ricco Rodriguez and Sokoudjou ( Eastman shifty.gif ), and he only against Kingsbury in the UFC!

About Glover, it's a really hard push for the guy. I mean, his best wins were against Ricco Rodriguez and Sokoudjou ( Eastman shifty.gif ), and he only against Kingsbury in the UFC!

I really dislike "Oh his best wins are against..." and then playing that card, its tough to judge a guy who has only had one fight in the UFC as you can only beat the guys put in front of you. Glover has been touted for a long time as a prospect, but has really had problems getting a work permit to fight in the UFC before the fight with Kingsbury, that fight was a dominating performance, and unfortunately for glover there is not much in the way of recognised talent at 205 outside of the UFC for him to get some name recognition. From his record, and the way he has finished his 15 of his last 16 fights, I think this is a really good opportunity to push a guy up the card and get him some recognition, particularly when the list of contenders a 205 is ever dwindling and one of their most recognisable names appears to be leaving.

I really dislike "Oh his best wins are against..." and then playing that card, its tough to judge a guy who has only had one fight in the UFC as you can only beat the guys put in front of you. Glover has been touted for a long time as a prospect, but has really had problems getting a work permit to fight in the UFC before the fight with Kingsbury, that fight was a dominating performance, and unfortunately for glover there is not much in the way of recognised talent at 205 outside of the UFC for him to get some name recognition. From his record, and the way he has finished his 15 of his last 16 fights, I think this is a really good opportunity to push a guy up the card and get him some recognition, particularly when the list of contenders a 205 is ever dwindling and one of their most recognisable names appears to be leaving.

It's still a very premature jump, when you have certain fighters that fought more times in the UFC than he did and deserve the opportunity he's having right now to have a fight with someone like Rampage. They just put Glover there because the fight will be in Rio.

It was because he was 'emotional and weird' and didn't feel as if he left it all in the Octagon. He also claims he was going to come back before Dana got to him. He has said he thought the fight could have gone either way and feels as if he and Tito have had three draws.

I bet he cries after sex.

So do you.

And I would know.

I believe the last time we had something that could be considered "A premature jump" at 205, when others had been fighting longer and may have deserved the opportunity more than the individual who got a fight may have been a young Mr Jones, who is one of the consensus top 5 fighters in the world right now and is champion at 205 as a result of that decision. I don't think its a "Oh its just coz its Rio!" thing I think Joe Silva, The Fertitta's and Dana are high on the guy and think he can make a splash in a division which needs it.

There's nothing wrong with Sokoudjou. It's not like he's only beaten nobodies. And he dominated Kingsbury. And he's good on WMMA, so there :P

Guest mr. potato head

I believe the last time we had something that could be considered "A premature jump" at 205, when others had been fighting longer and may have deserved the opportunity more than the individual who got a fight may have been a young Mr Jones, who is one of the consensus top 5 fighters in the world right now and is champion at 205 as a result of that decision. I don't think its a "Oh its just coz its Rio!" thing I think Joe Silva, The Fertitta's and Dana are high on the guy and think he can make a splash in a division which needs it.

And before that, Tito's "last fight in UFC" was against an unheralded young whippersnapper named Lyoto Machida!

It was because he was 'emotional and weird' and didn't feel as if he left it all in the Octagon. He also claims he was going to come back before Dana got to him. He has said he thought the fight could have gone either way and feels as if he and Tito have had three draws.

I bet he cries after sex.

So do you.

And I would know.

If only you did :(