UFC News and Discussion Thread

Kids, you want to know what you can do to NOT get invited back to the UFC even when you win? You do what Marcus Davis just did, do barely enough to win and be satisfied with it, never look to finish, and just generally suck the life out of the fight. Either come to fight, or don't come at all. He had Shonie fucking KO'd on his feet, go for it!

What don't fighters get, you don't have to win every fight, as long as you are exciting and entertaining, the UFC will bring you back. You will get another shot if you lose once in awhile, as long as you are worth watching. Look at Nick Diaz, hell, look at Patrick Cote!

EDIT: I'm a little bit of a Shonie fanboy, but not even trying to finish the fight that is so one sided just pisses me off, especially on the feet.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I agree that Davis shouldn't have done that but at least he had a decent excuse for it in his post-fight interview, saying that Shonie is tricky and you don't know if he's trying to suck you in or not but he still should've tried to finish that fight. If he knocks Shonie out, it'd be that much better of a win and he could've done it.

Now THIS is a good fight. Karo, his stand up game is one based more on power and brute force rather than style and technique, but I'll be damned if he doesn't make every jab count. I'm still waiting for a nice judo throw and some more "bombs" away diving fists through the guard if it comes to that.

Drew Fickett is talented, but this would be a big Welterweight shake-up if Karo loses.

Now THIS is a good fight. Karo, his stand up game is one based more on power and brute force rather than style and technique, but I'll be damned if he doesn't make every jab count. I'm still waiting for a nice judo throw and some more "bombs" away diving fists through the guard if it comes to that.

Drew Fickett is talented, but this would be a big Welterweight shake-up if Karo loses.

Gotta love Dave Menne. He is prehaps the least memorable UFC title holder of all time and the one thing he is known for is the guy who ate about ten thousand punches to the noggin in span of about 5 seconds, courtesy of Phil Baroni.

How he found his way back to the UFC not once, but TWICE this year is baffling.

Guest Takayamanofear

Apparently now Mirko and his Manager are denying that he has signed with the UFC.

Mirko :

"I have received an offer from UFC and some other companies, but I have not promised nothing to nobody, Neither signed any contract about my future fighting company.

I will call a public conference, where I'll reveile my decision.

I don't know who is the source in my club, because nobody beside me knows what will I do in my future sport career."

According to translations from people from sherdog

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/ostalis...2,14,,54543.jl

His manager denies it to

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/ostalis...2,14,,54543.jl