Endings to old school favourites?

Liam

A slightly weird topic to bring up, but spurned on by the California Dreams reunion thing I saw on Jimmy Fallon, and my downloading of some old cartoons I liked during the day out of boredom, I was wondering what the ending to some of the bigger shows of our childhoods were? Like, you'd generally dip in and dip out, so with a lot of them I don't even know if there was an ending.

Like, for example, 'Kenan and Kel' and 'The Fresh Prince Of Bell Air' both end with the families moving out of the family home from what I remember. What happened in some of the others? Hey Arnold? Doug? Sister Sister? Clarissa Explains It All? ......anything that ended up on Nickolodeon, seemingly >_>

I know some don't have a definitive ending and just peter out, but fuck it, I'm intrigued now.

Edited by Liam

I don't think any of the cartoons had specific endings.

The only one I can remember is Sabrina The Teenage Witch ended in a clusterfuck where Sabrina was supposed to marry one guy, but decides to run away with Harvey - who wasn't part of the series for years - in the end. I think Sister Sister ended with a wedding too.

Hey Arnold found out about his parents in a made-for-tv movie (may have only been an hour long episode), and was going to go look for them but then the show was cancelled. I looooooooved that show, the Christmas episode with the Asian guy and his daughter reunite was one of the saddest cartoons I've ever seen.

• Like 2

Hey Arnold found out about his parents in a made-for-tv movie (may have only been an hour long episode), and was going to go look for them but then the show was cancelled. I looooooooved that show, the Christmas episode with the Asian guy and his daughter reunite was one of the saddest cartoons I've ever seen.

Damn, I just remembered that Christmas episode and you're right, it's one of the saddest things I've seen on a cartoon. But did Kenan and Kel end with them moving? I thought for sure the show ended up canceled without a proper ending. I remember a TV movie of Kenan and Kel, but don't remember them moving.

I don't think any of the cartoons had specific endings.

The only one I can remember is Sabrina The Teenage Witch ended in a clusterfuck where Sabrina was supposed to marry one guy, but decides to run away with Harvey - who wasn't part of the series for years - in the end. I think Sister Sister ended with a wedding too.

A wedding? Colour me intrigued.

Kennan and Kel definately had an episode where Kennan's family moved away. I remember because it was a two parter and the first part ended with Kel showing up with a gift for Kennan, but it was too late and he was gone. Then Kel put down the gift and the camera slowly panned around the empty house to reveal it was a big picture of the two of them :crying:

Then Kel ran off to find them and the house was really shit so they moved back. I'm not sure if that was the end of the series though :/

Kennan and Kel definately had an episode where Kennan's family moved away. I remember because it was a two parter and the first part ended with Kel showing up with a gift for Kennan, but it was too late and he was gone. Then Kel put down the gift and the camera slowly panned around the empty house to reveal it was a big picture of the two of them :crying:

Then Kel ran off to find them and the house was really shit so they moved back. I'm not sure if that was the end of the series though :/

Yeah, Kenan moved to some shit town called Humus or Pumus, Montana or some shit like that cus his dad wanted to be a mountain ranger... maybe. Then he just ended up sharpening pencils and their house was falling apart and they left and went back home. Wasn't the end of the series.

That two-parter also had the best line ever.

Teacher: Can anybody use officiate in a sentence?

Kenan: I can! A man was sick... cus of officiate

:shifty: awesome when you say it outloud

Wow I watched Nickolodeon wayyyyyy too much.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Drake and Josh was shit but the sister was on MTV last night. She's fucking hot now :shifty:

Edited by Pesci

Ehhh, that show does NOT hold up to the test of time.

This. I love the memory of All That but I remember it showed up on The N for a little while and I was like "yes, awesome" and then I actually watched it. Kenan and Kel doesn't hold up all that well either, unfortunately.

But you know what '90s Nick series does hold up to the test of time? The Adventures of Pete & Pete. Some of the episodes try too hard but a lot of them are just pure genius.