Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

According to WFAN, Ryan Howard just got a 5 year, $125 million dollar extension. I can only imagine what Pujols is going to ask for based on how much other top players have been getting lately.

Plus the extension doesn't kick in until 2012 so they have him locked up for a long time to come.

If Howard gets $25 million a year and strikes out 200 times a season, I can't imagine what Pujols will get... >_>

Yes, I hate the Phillies and Fat Ryan Howard.

Some baseball fans actually think he's better than Pujols because he leads the league in HR and RBI since his debut. I'm far from one of those sabermetric guys, but being country strong and hitting 40-50 HR a year because you swing for the fences and weigh damn near 300 pounds doesn't mean you're a great player.

Ryan Howard is basically the modern version of Mo Vaughn and Albert Belle.

Mo Vaughn I can agree with. Howard puts up the same numbers as Belle more or less but if you look at their 162 game averages Howard strikes out 193 times to Belle's 101. That's almost a 2 to 1 ratio and I think you can find more sluggers at 1B than LF so I'd have preferred to have Belle in my lineup any day of the week. Having said all that, in no way, shape or form do I think Howard is worth that kind of money because he's a slightly better contact hitter than a guy like Adam Dunn.

Some baseball fans actually think he's better than Pujols because he leads the league in HR and RBI since his debut. I'm far from one of those sabermetric guys, but being country strong and hitting 40-50 HR a year because you swing for the fences and weigh damn near 300 pounds doesn't mean you're a great player.

I at least give him credit for actually doing it. There have been plenty of those types that tried, but couldn't.

However ... I personally think he's poo.

I just hope the A's dream start keeps rolling, and that they manage to hang on to some of these pitchers for once <_< It gets really frustrating being a fan of a professional farm team ... Oh, and Cliff Pennington ! (from my hometown).

The Mets are now somehow in sole possession of 1st place in the NL East after being dead last as recently as 5 days ago.

Hottest team in baseball right now winning 6 straight and 8 out of 10. Crazy thing is that Reyes is just getting started and Wright and Bay haven't hit at all. Hopefully this little run is bringing Mets fans back off the ledge for a bit. Really looking forward to the Mets/Phillies series this weekend. Too bad we're not getting Santana/Halladay on Sunday.

Phillies have decided to suck too <_<

Still a good performance so far. Let's see if he will finish it or if Cito uses the bullpen. Travis Snider's home run was an awesome line-drive shot. I hope he can get it going.

Edited by Toe

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Y'know, given that the Jays' entire rotation this year seems to be lights out for six innings and then shit, would it make any sense for them to try and find some people who would be really, really good at pitching three innings a couple times a week?

I'm sick and tired of seeing the Mets pitching staff giving up bombs to light hitting batters. They made Shane Victorino look like Babe Ruth this past weekend and now Orlando Cabrera hits a moon shot for the 2nd walk off loss in 3 days.

I don't think Mets pitching ever recovered from the "Generation K" letdown. Wilson, Pulsipher, and Isringhausen put the pitching in Mets land back 20yrs :shifty: ... kind of like drafting a franchise QB that goes bust ...

....except for the fact that pitching (especially starting pitching) hasn't been a problem for the Mets. Speaking of Pulsipher, anyone know if he's still pitching in the Atlantic League?