Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

I looked at the game logs from the 2007 season and Zito started August 2nd, pitched 1 inning in relief on August 5th and then made his next start on August 7th. Essentially he didn't even miss a start, although for some reason I vaguely remembered things happening the same way Livid did. Weird.

I thought I remembered it too and that's why I went to go check Baseball Reference. Maybe he was supposed to go to the pen at some point but another starter got hurt? From the looks of it he might have gone to the bullpen in 2008 but just didn't get into a game between April 27th and May 7th. The one relief appearance in his career seems to a case of a burnt out bullpen so he jumped in to throw on his throw day.

I would assume it's because the Atlanta crowd sucks; they were just talking about how small it was and how different it is compared to when Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, etc. were there.

That would have nothing to do with it. This isn't the NFL. That's not how MLB blackouts work. Actually, even if this was the NFL the blackout only applies to the home market in that scenario.

Another HR for Barajas? Seriously, Blanco and Barajas have been very impressive with the Mets this year. Both offensively and the way they've handled the pitching staff.

Shutout for Roy Halladay tonight. 4-0 0.82 ERA now in 33 innings. He also has 28Ks and 2 complete games. He can easily win 25 games this year.

Rare occasion but we got the game on normal ESPN UK instead of ESPN America (Another channel here in the UK)

Good game, brilliant catch by Victorino, even he had to double check to make sure he caught it, it gave me a chuckle.

Anyone here in the NYC/Northern NJ know what channel the Phillies game is on? I don't understand why ESPN is blacking it out for us.

It wasn't blacked out for me. Do you have Time Warner?

Cablevision. My brother up in Hoboken had it blacked out too. I couldn't figure out why. I can understand it being blacked out in South Jersey but this was just weird.

Thanks for jinxing him, sahyder. /sarcasm I have sat here and watched every pitch and was drooling for a no-no. Oh well...

Greatest Fantasy Baseball last minute pickup ever? Picked up Romero in one of my leagues at 1 AM last night. No-hitter 12ks through 7 today.

Edit: Figured Rios would be the one to ruin it! Shoppach did it to his former teammate Sabathia earlier this week too.

I hate you Captain jinxalot. :angry:

Jimenez was only able to throw the no-no because sahyder did not come in here and jinx him. :P

I don't know how much jinxing power I have but I am trying my hardest to jinx Phil Hughes right now. He's been absolutely dominating vs A's tonight. No-hitter through 7 so far and he has 9Ks.

The Yankees got a 5-4-3 triple play today and the funny thing is that Singleton blew the call on TV. Sterling supposedly had a good call on the radio broadcast. The crazy thing is that this was Yankees first triple play since 1968. Now I know triple play is a rare play but I would've assumed that at some point in last 40 years they would have done it.

What the hell happened to the Baltimore Orioles? I mean...aside from them being the Baltimore Orioles. Weren't they supposed to be the "up and coming team" this year? 2-16 and they are in a middle of a 12 game stretch where they play no one but the Yankees and Red Sox.....they follow that up with 4 against the Twins. Ouch.

What the hell happened to the Baltimore Orioles? I mean...aside from them being the Baltimore Orioles. Weren't they supposed to be the "up and coming team" this year? 2-16 and they are in a middle of a 12 game stretch where they play no one but the Yankees and Red Sox.....they follow that up with 4 against the Twins. Ouch.

It's hard to be a good, young team in a division that forces you to play 54 games against three teams capable of 280+ wins combined. Look at how long it took Tampa Bay to get out of the cellar.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It's hard to be a good, young team in a division that forces you to play 54 games against three teams capable of 280+ wins combined. Look at how long it took Tampa Bay to get out of the cellar.

Toronto's doing okay without being particularly good or young.

He's been playing well though. Not well enough for his salary, but not that badly either.

A .324/.403/.735 over a full season would in fact make Wells' contract look like a bargain. It's just obviously not going to even be close to that. :shifty: