Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

My guess is Brad Lidge. He fits the semi big name criteria and he might have been looking to get an edge as a result of the disastrous season he had after his perfect one.

That's not a bad guess but I only thing with that one is if he's appealing he better be damn sure he's innocent otherwise he should have taken the suspension since he's been hurt anyways. Gammons is going to be on with Francesa shortly for the first of his weekly stops I'm hoping something breaks by that point so Gammons can talk about it.

• Like 1

Early reports are saying that Volquez can serve the suspension while on DL. This makes him eligible for return in June when his injury was supposed to keep him out until July. So he loses 50 games pay but he wasn't going to play those 50 games anyways. It is a loophole but I don't really see how they can avoid it but everyone who gets Tommy John Surgery can take PEDs now and know this. On a related somewhat funny not, Volquez was traded for Hamilton who has a well documented history with drugs but has not yet been suspended since he "cleaned up" and came to the majors.

• Like 1

I'm not liking the idea that a guy who's hurt can simultaneously serve a PED suspension. Losing out on the paychecks hurts, but it's basically a slap on the wrist because it's not costing the team anything.

Yeah, I can't believe they left such a large loophole in the agreement. This is basically giving a license to anyone who's out for an extended period of time to try and take PEDs to get better.

• Like 1

Awesome night for me, baseball wise, as my two favourite teams (Atlanta and Toronto) both pick up wins. The Atlanta victory is especially fun, since they have only had offensive in spurts...and they definitely got some offence in the ninth and tenth inning. Nate's walk-off homer was awesome, as was the team's reaction to it.

A homer and two doubles for Vernon. He continues his awesome start to the season.

Cubs move Zambrano to bullpen

NEW YORK -- The Cubs have moved Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen.

Zambrano, Chicago's opening day starter, becomes the primary setup man in front of closer Carlos Marmol. Ted Lilly returns from the disabled list this weekend to join the Cubs rotation.

Has an ace ever been demoted from opening day starter to bullpen arm this quickly? I don't think even the Cubs have the payroll to give a guy close to $19 million to be a set up man for more than a couple of weeks.

Cubs move Zambrano to bullpen

NEW YORK -- The Cubs have moved Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen.

Zambrano, Chicago's opening day starter, becomes the primary setup man in front of closer Carlos Marmol. Ted Lilly returns from the disabled list this weekend to join the Cubs rotation.

Has an ace ever been demoted from opening day starter to bullpen arm this quickly? I don't think even the Cubs have the payroll to give a guy close to $19 million to be a set up man for more than a couple of weeks.

Mets fans are going to be calling WFAN non-stop demanding the Mets go out ans get him.

I looked at the game logs from the 2007 season and Zito started August 2nd, pitched 1 inning in relief on August 5th and then made his next start on August 7th. Essentially he didn't even miss a start, although for some reason I vaguely remembered things happening the same way Livid did. Weird.