Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

Naiwf, Are you one of those Mets fans who wanted Ike Davis up? The kid had a great spring and is off to a great start in AAA.

Yes. It's not like the team was going to make the playoffs considering we have an ace, a closer and nothing in between as far as pitching goes. Daniel Murphy isn't the longterm answer at first base, and neither was Mike Jacobs. If you're going to have another losing season you may as well give the "kids" like Davis, Tejada and Mejia their first big league experience now so you can see if they're going to be part of the team next year, or if they need more time in the minors. It's only April 19th and it's already time to think about unloading veterans and retooling in the offseason since Manuel and Minaya will be gone long before the 4th of July and the Mets will be all but mathematically eliminated by then as well.

I agree on calling up Ike Davis. I would like to see them call up Tejada and put him at 2B too and see if you get a bullpen arm for Castillo. I like Tejada a lot for some reason. I know he's off to a slow start in AAA but watching him you get the sense that he will be a decent major leaguer. I don't understand why the Mets have Parnell in AAA. He should be up in the majors right now or at the very least starting in AAA. Mejia should be in AAA starting right now so they can call him up as a starting pitcher in May or so. I'm never going to call anyone out after 12 games but yeah, they needed to do something to energize the fan base. As I have mentioned before I am not a Mets fan but I like rooting for them just because how much I hate the Yankees and their fans. Davis, Wright, Reyes, F-Mart has the potential to be a very good nucleus for the next 8 years.

...and Jason Bay! Your stuck with him for awhile!

I was just mentioning the guys that are Mets farm system product (yes I know that Bay came up in the Mets system years ago). They're hardly "stuck" with Bay. He's a solid hitter.

I was just mentioning the guys that are Mets farm system product (yes I know that Bay came up in the Mets system years ago). They're hardly "stuck" with Bay. He's a solid hitter.

He's usually a solid hitter. He's not hitting anything this year with a league leading 18 Ks in 46 ABs <_<

He's usually a solid hitter. He's not hitting anything this year with a league leading 18 Ks in 46 ABs <_<

Either protecting or being protected by the immortal Mike Jacobs wasn't helping his cause.

Solid debut for Ike Davis tonight. I'm actually disappointed by the Mets crowd tonight. Was expecting a bigger walk up.

On another not according to Joe Strauss who's a beat writer for the Cardinals, 200 position players have pitched in the majors since 1950. Tony LaRussa has managed 15 of them which is more than any other manager.

Well he practically uses all of his bullpen in a 9 inning game so when it goes to extra's, it's either that or use starters and I could see why he wouldn't want to use any of the starters.

Solid debut for Ike Davis tonight. I'm actually disappointed by the Mets crowd tonight. Was expecting a bigger walk up.

On another not according to Joe Strauss who's a beat writer for the Cardinals, 200 position players have pitched in the majors since 1950. Tony LaRussa has managed 15 of them which is more than any other manager.

The weather wasn't great. Had it been warmer or a weekend game I'm sure they would have drawn more of a walk up crowd. The Mets should just pencil Davis in for first base for the rest of the year and see if they can get anything for Murphy, leaving Tatis to be the spot starter/starter against tough lefties. A contact hitter with little pop isn't the ideal 1B in that lineup.

The weather wasn't great. Had it been warmer or a weekend game I'm sure they would have drawn more of a walk up crowd. The Mets should just pencil Davis in for first base for the rest of the year and see if they can get anything for Murphy, leaving Tatis to be the spot starter/starter against tough lefties. A contact hitter with little pop isn't the ideal 1B in that lineup.

I doubt Davis is ever going to the minors again. By all accounts he's a can't miss prospect. He's supposed to be solid in the feild too. I like Murphy. I still think he'll end up having a decent career but of course he can't be the 1B on this team.

Edited by sahyder1

It's the same with the Jays and Travis Snider. Bring him up and take the pressure off by letting him play through his mistakes and work on his game at the major league level.

After sitting at Fenway watching yesterday's Patriots Day embarrassment, Boston's in deep trouble this year.

Ortiz is done in Boston after this year, or should be. Honestly, Lowell should probably the regular DH right now - not Ortiz.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

After sitting at Fenway watching yesterday's Patriots Day embarrassment, Boston's in deep trouble this year.

Ortiz is done in Boston after this year, or should be. Honestly, Lowell should probably the regular DH right now - not Ortiz.

Red Sox will be fine. They have a great pitching staff and still have prospects to spring a deal for someone like Adrian Gonzalez. It's April 20th people.

Red Sox will be fine. They have a great pitching staff and still have prospects to spring a deal for someone like Adrian Gonzalez. It's April 20th people.

My biggest issue with the Adrian Gonzalez thing - you have so much money invested in people that there isn't a hole for him until the offseason. Between Lowell and Ortiz, that's about 24-25M dollars who would be riding pine if Gonzalez came here. Had they not signed Adrian Beltre, picking him up would make a lot more economic sense. Otherwise, we just end up like the Yankees and hypocrites.

And then...

1. Gonzalez could end up in Seattle or an AL Central team

2. Boston can still win 90 games and finish third behind the Yanks and Rays.

My biggest issue with the Adrian Gonzalez thing - you have so much money invested in people that there isn't a hole for him until the offseason. Between Lowell and Ortiz, that's about 24-25M dollars who would be riding pine if Gonzalez came here. Had they not signed Adrian Beltre, picking him up would make a lot more economic sense. Otherwise, we just end up like the Yankees and hypocrites.

And then...

1. Gonzalez could end up in Seattle or an AL Central team

2. Boston can still win 90 games and finish third behind the Yanks and Rays.

Lowell will be gone soon.

In some BREAKING NEWS. It is looking like there is a "semi-big" name getting a PED suspension this week. Some idiot said David Wright is the name but reputable baseball reporters on Twitter are saying it is not him. Let the speculations run wild. I wrote during the World Series last year that I was surprised there hadn't been more names leaked from from "the list". I'd be interested in knowing if the person getting suspended is also on that list.