Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

Shawn Marcum who missed all of last year is pitching a no-hitter through 6.

I'd complain about you jinxing it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen ten people do the same. :shifty:

Oops!

Cablevision has the baseball package free for this week (channel 400s) so I'm watching the Rangers broadcast and in the box score it said something along the the lines of "Marcum - Doing something you don't mention"

Do any of you out there play "Beat the Streak" or "HR Beat the Streak" on MLB.com? Let me know if you sign up. I have a group there. The Beat the Streak has a Grand Prize of $3 Million!

Edited by sahyder1

Dear Blue Jays,

Thanks for Roy Halladay.

-Ron

Phillies are beating up on the Nationals. Howard homered, Polanco hit a Grand Slam and has 6 RBI's, and Doc went 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 9 Ks.

I have created groups for mini games on both MLB.com and ESPN.com, they are listed below.

Baseball Challenge on ESPN

Group Name - Ayaz's Group

Password - mlb

The games below all have cash prizes from MLB.

Beat the Streak

The idea here is to topple Joe Dimaggio's streak of 56. Each day you select ONE player in all of MLB who you think will get a hit on that particular day. The idea is to build a streak of 57 if at all possible. MLB is giving away $3 Million to the first person who can hit 57. The all-time MLB.com record in this game is 48. You can make picks for up to the next 10 days so you don't have to check back daily. To help you out MLB does give out each players career stats vs the pitcher they are facing that day. Official Rules and Prizes.

Group - MLB2K10

Password - mlb

HR Beat the Streak

Similar concept to the game above. The idea here obviously is to pick one player who you think will hit a HR that day. The Grand Prize of $10,000 here is for picking 11 straight days correct. Just like the game above you don't have to check in daily and can pick a few days at a time. Official Rules and Prizes.

Group - MLB2K10

Password - mlb

Survivor 2010

Similar to NFL Knockout pools. You have to pick ONE team each day who you think will win their game that day. The idea is to get your streak up to 37. First person to get to 37 wins $10,000 and a trip to the 2011 MLB All-Star game in Phoenix. Official Rules and Prizes.

Group - MLB2K10

Password - mlb

Streak for the Cash

This is actually a monthly game ESPN runs year round. It resets every month. This game includes all sports. The purpose is to make correct sports predictions. Whoever gets the longest streak in the world each month gets $100,000 from ESPN. I've had a blast with this game so I would definitely recommend it to all. Check this thread.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'm also up for one more ESPN Fantasy Baseball league if there is enough interest out there.

The Age of the Jay Hey Kid has begun.

I have to say the announcers on the Braves telecast are god awful. They were making a huge deal like Heyward had just won the World Series. It was the 1st inning of the 1st game of the year. And Chip Carey just gets on my damn nerves. I wish I could send Gary Matthews Sr. down to Atlanta so I would never have to listen to him again.. because listening to this makes my ears bleed.

I have to say the announcers on the Braves telecast are god awful. They were making a huge deal like Heyward had just won the World Series. It was the 1st inning of the 1st game of the year. And Chip Carey just gets on my damn nerves. I wish I could send Gary Matthews Sr. down to Atlanta so I would never have to listen to him again.. because listening to this makes my ears bleed.

He's been a highly regarded prospect who came up and hit a homerun in his first at bat. No harm in cheering there.

He's been a highly regarded prospect who came up and hit a homerun in his first at bat. No harm in cheering there.

Oh, I agree, but they went a little too overboard for me. I mean it was a monster shot, guess just my Chip Carey bias.

And I joined the MLB groups. See if I can't luck into some $

I have to say the announcers on the Braves telecast are god awful.

That's been the case for a long time. In the Braves' heyday in the early to mid '90s I used to watch their games since the Mets were awful and couldn't believe the level of homerdom those guys could achieve. If you're not accustomed to that kind of announcing, it's pretty jarring.

Dear Indians,

If Marson is the best catcher in your system, I suggest you find someone who can catch the ball when the pitcher throws it.

What a game today for the Sox. Not only did we murder the Indians 6-0, Buehrle pulls a play out of his ass that brought everyone to a standing ovation. I hope we can repeat this on Wednesday night.

Dear Indians,

If Marson is the best catcher in your system, I suggest you find someone who can catch the ball when the pitcher throws it.

What a game today for the Sox. Not only did we murder the Indians 6-0, Buehrle pulls a play out of his ass that brought everyone to a standing ovation. I hope we can repeat this on Wednesday night.

Marson is only a couple month stopgap until the best catcher prospect in baseball, Carlos Santana, comes up.

Dear Indians,

Marson is only a couple month stopgap until the best catcher prospect in baseball, Carlos Santana, comes up.

For them it's probably the sooner the better I imagine.

I was very surprised nobody talked about David Price breaking out this year, he kinda fell off the radar last year when he struggled. Now with more experience under his belt and No.1 starter talent, he could go for 18 wins, 200 k's and a 3.00 era this year potentially.

I am loving the start Vernon Wells is having to this season. Hopefully, he can have a good season and give this line-up a boost. I know we aren't going to compete against the big teams in the division, but the team can still be fun to watch with Hill, Lind, Snider and a productive Wells.