Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

Thanks for jinxing him, sahyder. /sarcasm I have sat here and watched every pitch and was drooling for a no-no. Oh well...

My pleasure. Hate Sabathia about as much as I hate the Yankees. I said it on twitter that he wouldn't get it. Pitch count was too high and he had been hit hard in 6th and 7th.

Greatest Fantasy Baseball last minute pickup ever? Picked up Romero in one of my leagues at 1 AM last night. No-hitter 12ks through 7 today.

Edit: Figured Rios would be the one to ruin it! Shoppach did it to his former teammate Sabathia earlier this week too.

Edited by sahyder1

It was a great performance from Romero. He was really using all of his pitches and worked very quickly. The only mistake he made was hit out of the park by Rios, but in his two starts Romero has been excellent.

It was a great performance from Romero. He was really using all of his pitches and worked very quickly. The only mistake he made was hit out of the park by Rios, but in his two starts Romero has been excellent.

I just saw the HR on Baseball Tonight. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the exact same spot Higginson's HR landed in 1998 to break Roy Halladay's no-hitter in the 9th?

Greatest Fantasy Baseball last minute pickup ever? Picked up Romero in one of my leagues at 1 AM last night. No-hitter 12ks through 7 today.

Edit: Figured Rios would be the one to ruin it! Shoppach did it to his former teammate Sabathia earlier this week too.

I hate you Captain jinxalot. :angry:

Guest Mr. Murray Head

I just saw the HR on Baseball Tonight. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the exact same spot Higginson's HR landed in 1998 to break Roy Halladay's no-hitter in the 9th?

I thought Higginson's went to centre-right, but then I probably haven't seen it in 12 years, so.

I thought Higginson's went to centre-right, but then I probably haven't seen it in 12 years, so.

Unfortunately I can't find a video of it anywhere but this is confirming it being hit to left field. I had forgotten that Higginson was a pinch hitter.

So my fantasy team is doing okay right now. I ended up drafting a few braves. Didn't mean to, just kinda happened that way.

Brian McCann

Derek Lee

Derek Jeter

Martin Prado

Aramis Ramirez

Jayson Heyward

Ichiro

Vernon Wells

Escobar (ATL SS)

Joba Chamberlain

Felix Hernandez

Tim Hudson

Brad Penny

David Price

Johnathan Broxton

Chad Qualls

Rod Barajas

Kelly Johnson

JJ Hardy

Dice K

Neftali Felix

Ichiro is gone after this week as I dropped him for Marlon Byrd. Hardy could be out to.

Ouf, after opening day the Jays had only 12,000 and 10,000 fans for the next two games of the White Sox series..... Those are about as bad as when it became apparent that the Expos were leaving... and Toronto's stadium is right downtown, not 25 minutes away and in a bad neighbourhood....

It's strange considering they're 6-3 early on with some exciting players to watch this year.

It's not as bad as the Expos. The Expos had several years where they AVERAGED smaller crowds then that. In 2004 they had 13 home games with crowds below 5,000 fans. I'm not sure that it won't get worse at some point first week of September, but I'm pretty confident that it won't get lower then that before then and when it does it won't get that much worse. If the plan being put in place by the front office is in any way effective, the crowds should start to slowly increase year by year again as the team gets more competitive.

Of course if you've rather read the opinions of a jerk-off with a hate-on for Canada...

So Toronto should lose their team, but Tampa keeps theirs?

I know I am not that excited to go to a Jays game after hearing "rebuild" and stuff over and over before the season...although I was dragged to tonight's game.

Can you imagine how scary Halladay's career numbers would be if he'd been in the NL (or at least any other division in the AL) his whole career? As of now he's 151-76, 3.40 ERA, 1516 K, 50 CG, 15 SHO with all of 3 starts in the NL. I'd guess he'd have another 15-30 wins, another 150+ K, another handful of CG and SHO and his ERA may be sub 3. As a Mets fan who realizes this season is already over, I hope he wins 25+ and then the Phillies lose in the NLDS :shifty:

Can you imagine how scary Halladay's career numbers would be if he'd been in the NL (or at least any other division in the AL) his whole career? As of now he's 151-76, 3.40 ERA, 1516 K, 50 CG, 15 SHO with all of 3 starts in the NL. I'd guess he'd have another 15-30 wins, another 150+ K, another handful of CG and SHO and his ERA may be sub 3. As a Mets fan who realizes this season is already over, I hope he wins 25+ and then the Phillies lose in the NLDS :shifty:

Not just the American League, he pitched in the AL East. He took over from Pedro as the most dominant pitcher in the league and has carried the torch well. One of my favorite guys in the league. It's just unfortunate he's on the Phillies now.

Edit:Solid start for Oliver Perez today against the Cardinals. What a shame that bullpen had to screw it up for him. Really did want him to get the Win.

Edited by sahyder1
  • Like 1