Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

I can't wait for the season to start for one reason: Fantasy baseball. I have both Lincecum AND Halladay to strike fear in opposing batters. (My other starters right now are Adam Wainwright, Jon Lester and Hiroki Kuroda, though)

What is this, a six team league?

I can't wait for the season to start for one reason: Fantasy baseball. I have both Lincecum AND Halladay to strike fear in opposing batters. (My other starters right now are Adam Wainwright, Jon Lester and Hiroki Kuroda, though)

What is this, a six team league?

8 team Yahoo league, actually. Its a league at another board I'm a member of. It was going to be bigger, but last year we had some people sign up and either not even play once it started or drop out a month or two into the season. (I generally prefer a 10 or 12 team league in baseball or in football - did a 16 team football last year, and no way I will ever do that again!)

Edited by GhostMachine

I'm incredibly excited for the start of the season. As a White Sox fan I think we have some promise this year. We've got a pretty decent rotation and some young stars getting ready to break out on offense. If Alexei Ramirez can get over a bad last season I think we have a pretty well rounded team. I don't know if we'll win the division but I think we certainly have the ability to. The AL Central is always pretty competitive between the Sox, Twins, and Indians. It'll be a good race that's for sure.

I'm also really looking forward to going to more minor league games. We have the AAA affiliate for the Nationals here so there's a possibility that Stephen Strasburg could end up pitching for us at some point. While our team has never been very good we have a very nice stadium so it's quite relaxing to sit on the third base line for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game. We also have ice cream served inside a tiny baseball helmet. Though oddly it's always in a Mets helmet. Go figure.

The key question is Chipper Jones and if he is going to be back to his usual or if he is going to have a repeat of this year. They also added a power hitter in Troy Glaus and good depth with Melky.

bigger key questions:

which lowe will show up ?

which hudson will show up ?

will both said hudson/lowe be healthy ?

isn't there a reason glaus is on team 3 in 4 years ?

Guest Mr. Murray Head

Some of us are fans even when the team isn't winning. :P

Besides, if I only watch until June, I'll never see Brett "Thunderthighs" Wallace or Doug Drabek's kid!

First at-bat of the year and Pujols hits a HR. :w00t:

Glad to see nothing's changed.

Makes me glad I took the time to find Fox Midwest. I live in Illinois but for whatever reason the game on ESPN is blacked out for me. Oh, and Brett "thunderthighs" Wallace has all the tools to be a very, very good hitter in the majors. The Cards loved him but when you can only play first base (or DH in the AL) there isn't a lot of room for playing time thanks to Pujols.

Guest Mr. Murray Head

Shawn Marcum who missed all of last year is pitching a no-hitter through 6.

I'd complain about you jinxing it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen ten people do the same. :shifty: