EWB's Favorite Movie: 2009 Edition

GoGo Yubari

Huh, I actually saw 18 films last year. A lot more than I thought... though Year One and Fast & Furious are among them :shifty:

As for the top ten:

1. Inglorious Basterds

2. Avatar

3. District 9

4. (500) Days of Summer

5. Bruno

6. The Hangover

7. Sherlock Holmes

8. Adventureland

9. The Boat That Rocked (might be called something different in the US?)

10. Watchmen

1. The Hangover

2. 500 Days Of Summer

3. Star Trek

4. Up In The Air

5. The Informant

6. Watchmen

7. Avatar

8. District Nine

9. Inglorious Basterds

10. Zombieland

I am not sure I liked Sherlock Holmes more than He's Just Not That Into YOu, but it made my list. I am also unsure about the placement 4 through 9.

EDIT: As it turns out I forgot The Informant, and that was one of my favorite movies of the year, so the above it kind of moot. I also better moved a few others around. I am feeling much better about my list now. Until I see Moon that is.

Even after seeing 29 movies, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see some movies from 2009. I made this list back in January before the Golden Globes and have had to pretty much stick to it considering of all the movies I wanted to see in 2009 that I didn't get a chance to... I've only gotten to see one... And I didn't like it enough to put it it in my top 10. So here we go..

10. Antichrist

9. A Serious Man

8. The Informant!

7. Up

6. The Men Who Stare At Goats

5. Away We Go

4. District 9

3. Moon

2. Inglourious Basterds

1. The Hurt Locker

EDIT: Added The Men Who Stare at Goats and took out Funny People.

Man...films I've seen, fucking hell;

1. In The Loop

2. The Road

3. Invictus

4. Harry Potter (sod off...I didn't see a lot, and shit, I liked it :shifty:)

5. Funny People

6. The Hangover

7. Sherlock Holmes

8. I Love You Man

9. Transformers (solely for that bit where the tail goes back up that birds arse)

10. Avatar (It's not TERRIBLE, but it's not really great...and the 3D really became pointless as hell once the narrative kicked in...but I honestly don't think I saw anything else besides...

"(500) Days Of Summer" , but fuck me if there wasn't something about that film that totally dicked me off.

"(500) Days Of Summer" , but fuck me if there wasn't something about that film that totally dicked me off.

The fact that Zooey Deschanhal was a total bitch and you would have slapped here if she wasn't quite so fit?

Yeah, my own list isn't quite complete as I'm hoping to see The Informant! over the weekend, and I have a feeling I'm going to like that more than Crazy Heart or Avatar.

Informant! talk below (seriously, don't read this if you're planning on watching it soon):

I feel like the film drags a bit at the end, but the bombshell that he actually did all this illegal stuff was mind-boggling for me and made up for that fact. Then again, I wasn't paying tooooo much attention to the movie, so there may have been hints that I just didn't pick up on, because it all came out of left field to me.

And yes, those were incredibly vague spoilers.

1. Watchmen

2. Fame

3. Up

4. Invictus

5. Terminator Salvation

6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

7. Star Trek

8. The Ugly Truth

9. Distric 9

10. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Huh, I only watched 20 last year, and looking at the list I seem to be a lousy movie-goer.

I actually loved the third act. The escalating trainwreck quality was fantastic. It helps that I was watching it with my dad, who has a tendency to loudly criticize movies when watching them at home, and he was going nuts like "what? Seriously? Why would you... Jesus!"

1. Watchmen.

2. Zombieland.

3. I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.

4. Fantastic Mr. Fox.

5. Up.

6. Inglourious Basterds.

7. Monsters Vs. Aliens.

8. Saw VI.

9. Night At The Museum 2.

None of the other movies I saw (Last house on the left, Friday the Thirteenth, Dragonball Evolution, Fast & Furious, Street Fighter, etc) even deserve the one point that #10 gives them.

Also, looking through that wikipedia page, I now really, really wanna see Gallowwalker.