Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

Aaaaand I just encountered wolves and lost mine. Every time I've whistled before after killing it, it's been the same design, this time it was a rubbish new one :crying:

EDIT: YES! I was right... kind of. I died and ended up back at one of my safehouses, and who should be waiting for my outside? My beloved stallion :wub:

I got the PS3 version (with a free copy of 3:10 to Yuma on Blu-Ray, great HMV offer!) and have played it a little. It's not too bad so far, and I could certainly see it becoming a great game once I've gotten into the game world a little bit more.

I was attatched to the horse I had, then I did the early mission where Bonnie gives you a new horse for helping her tame some wild horses. The new horse isn't the same :(

Edited by T May Cregg

You do realise you can whistle for it about twenty seconds after it's died and call a horse with the exact same visuals, right?

Unless you have bought it from the store, it won't come right back. For example if you have the Kentucky Stradler and it dies, and you didnt buy it from the store, you will get the basic horse afterwards.

I very nearly lost my stallion. I was coming up to a mission and a bunch of bandits came strolling in. I killed them all and was contemplating killing the horses for their hides. Then I thought i'd roleplay a little by hitching the horses to the hoses posts in order to donate them to the owners as it were. As I went to start the mission I became aware of a message in the corner of the screen telling me that the horse I had hitched would be my trusted steed from now on. Luckily though the mission didn't force me away and I was able to find my stallion wandering around and hitch him back up.

Good thing is I found out how to do Horseshoes. Haven't gotten a ringer yet but at least I am winning.

Bad thing is my War Horse decided to die on me, all of a sudden. Like poof, it just fell to the ground and died! :crying:

Can someone break it down for me a little? I'm about an hour in, and they've started talking about suits, and various things you do to get the scraps for them. Is that now my priority?

Why would that be your priority? It's just a side-quest'ish thing.

I was just getting a little confused. Outside of talking to Bonnie and....some other guy whose name escapes me currently, there didn't seem much else to do at that point. I assumed the suit thing was a way to open up the game somewhat, with missions requiring you to go further afield.

This game does an awful job of making it obvious who the good guys are and who the bad are. I know it's supposed to be part of the Wild West feel, but I wish they'd make it a little more obvious which are the sheriff's and which are the outlaws.

Ok the Master Hunter II missions are nuts. Hunting legendary animals. Wolves sucked, Boars were easy but Cougars are fucking ridiculous. I pity the fool who tries to hunt Khan the legendary jaguar. :crying:

Just go to the cabin in Tanner's Reach and stand inside the door and kill them. I figured that out after being mauled 20 times in a row. My problem was with the boars because that stupid legendary one wouldn't show up no matter how many boars I would kill. Took like an hour for him to show up, so I've killed 158 boars.

Ok the Master Hunter II missions are nuts. Hunting legendary animals. Wolves sucked, Boars were easy but Cougars are fucking ridiculous. I pity the fool who tries to hunt Khan the legendary jaguar. :crying:

Always hide in the broken down houses when hunting the Legendary animals. For the cougar there is Tanner's Reach, just shoot out the windows and the door, they can't get in.

Also going by what Maxx said, make sure you stay in the designated area when killing these animals. If you leave the area(the area, not just the red circle) you will have to start over

Edited by Kyle_

Always hide in the broken down houses when hunting the Legendary animals. For the cougar there is Tanner's Reach, just shoot out the windows and the door, they can't get in.

Also going by what Maxx said, make sure you stay in the designated area when killing these animals. If you leave the area(the area, not just the red circle) you will have to start over

Oh I never left the area, that legendary boar just refused to show up. So I attempted to wipe out his species entirely :shifty:

I had a bad experience of not being able to tell who is who. I found two men shooting at someone and instinctively aimed and fired. I then heard something along the lines of 'It's 2 on 2 now, lawmen!' and saw my honour dropped.