EWR 2010 Stats Update: May

I went through the WWE bit and made these notes:

-Lower Matt Hardy's over from 84 to 80, and lower him to Midcarder. This seems controversial, but his real life position is on the midcard, not upper. And so this would make him compatible.

-Why is Orton's stiffness 38? This would make him a lazy worker which he is clearly not. Increase it to 42. And make him Face.

-Lower Khali's overness from 78 to 75 and make him a midcarder

I agreed with mostly everything else, but I disagree with these three:

Matt Hardy's over should be at least 82... I see no reason to lower it, but even if he's a midcarder in WWE, he is very popular and more popular than guys around 80.

I don't know about Orton, to be honest. I'm not an unbiased critic, but he does a lot of low impact stomps and headlocks and stuff... I could see people making the argument either way, but I think he is kind of lazy.

Khali is pretty damn popular as well.

Also change David Hart Smith's secondary finisher to Sharpshooter (submission). Both are using the hold in homage to Bret Hart now.

Edited by Master Shakespeare
  • Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I went through the WWE bit and made these notes:

-Lower Matt Hardy's over from 84 to 80, and lower him to Midcarder. This seems controversial, but his real life position is on the midcard, not upper. And so this would make him compatible.

-Why is Orton's stiffness 38? This would make him a lazy worker which he is clearly not. Increase it to 42. And make him Face.

I agreed with mostly everything else, but I disagree with these three:

Matt Hardy's over should be at least 82... I see no reason to lower it, but even if he's a midcarder in WWE, he is very popular and more popular than guys around 80.

I don't know about Orton, to be honest. I'm not an unbiased critic, but he does a lot of low impact stomps and headlocks and stuff... I could see people making the argument either way, but I think he is kind of lazy.

Khali is pretty damn popular as well.

Also change Tyson Kidd's and David Hart Smith's secondary finishers to Sharpshooter (submission). Both are using the hold in homage to Bret Hart now.

Tyson's primary is the Sharpshooter and DH's secondary is the Sharpshooter already.

Matt Hardy's over is weird. He is over despite the fact that WWE don't try to keep him over. He is on par with Drew McIntyre at the moment.

Orton I am biased on and I think the 34 stiffness is fine as is.

I don't get Khali's popularity at all, it don't translate through tv or even live.

As for Savannah being in FCW, I don't think so. WWE has her on tv, she's on tv. We don't keep say the NXT guys in FCW as well while they are doing both. I feel this falls under the same category.

Rename Messla Cancerbero.

Rename Caligula Raziel.

TNA suggestions:

Make Samoa Joe's gimmick man on a mission

Who is Santana G?

Mr. Anderson's contract with TNA should be open, he's working bigger AAA shows so add him to AAA as a main eventer heel. Lower wages to 40K?

Rename Doug Williams to Douglas Williams and regimmick him to machine? I know he is not Anti-USA anymore.

Remove Brother Runt from TNA, seems as if his "return" was a one night deal.

Brian Kendrick should be exclusive to TNA. He stopped showing up in PWG as London is now teaming with Roderick Strong and their tag titles have been held up, I think. Can someone double check this?

Roderick Strong in a PWInsider.com elite interview a few weeks back said that "Black Nature Boy" Scoot Andrews still does some indy work in Florida for charities. I'd suggest he should be re-added to the game. If someone has his stats, that would be awesome.

Santana G is Orlando Jordan's female valet... Any info on his male valet, maybe he can be added to the data. I haven't been able to find anything.

Really no use in adding OJ's male valet, as he no longer works with TNA, and I don't see him showing up in any other promotions.

-Lower Finlay's overness from 80 to 70. He hasn't been on TV for months and is being phased out due to WWE's interest in younger talent

-Lower Mark Henry's over from 78 to 74, and change him to a Midcarder

Finlay definitely deserves a drop in overness, however, not one that is that substantial. He would still garner a decent reaction if he was used for a match or whatever. Drop it to 74.

Again, Henry deserves a drop, but no lower than 75.

I disagree with the overness drop of Matt Hardy. He is scary over with the fans even though he isn't being "pushed" at the moment. 82 is the absolute lowest I would give Matt at this time. Changing him to a midcarder is a good idea though.

Khali's overness should be dropped to 77 and no lower.

Every other change you suggested I agree with, or can't comment on.

If Scoot Andrews shows up at the local indy show here, I'll guesstimate his stats based on his performance.

It IS a charity show, so maybe?

Also, Big Daddy Gonzo's charisma should be 60. He's a good talker and can get the crowd against him as a heel.

I still wonder if Angel Rose is supposed to be the Angel Rose that works the Miami circuit or not. Anyone know if might be someone else? Age and wages fit for her, and her gimmick to an extent, but the stats and finishers are all wrong.

I still wonder if Angel Rose is supposed to be the Angel Rose that works the Miami circuit or not. Anyone know if might be someone else? Age and wages fit for her, and her gimmick to an extent, but the stats and finishers are all wrong.

This would be Angel Rose: http://www.myspace.com/darkenangel26

Probably one I added myself and based stats, etc off of workers she had faced. I tend to add workers in groups, so she could have been grouped in with the workers around her. As always, feel free to suggest changes.

I think Brooke Lynn's (Becky Bayless in Wrestlicious) gimmick should be Troublemaker or Bitch.

I think Autumn Frost's (Jennifer Blake in Wreslicious) gimmick should be Slut. Toni The Top tried to pimp her out to JV Rich to be his "arm candy," several times. I WISH I could be joking with this one...

Wouldn’t argue either of these… My first goal was to get gimmicks on everyone that would actually WORK, but I tried to get them as close as possible with what we know regarding Wrestlicious. Company risk is right at 65%, and Slut gimmick requires 65% so I don’t know if there could be a problem there or not. To the best of my knowledge, the only gimmicks that don’t currently work for Wrestlicious are Rain (Convict) and Cobra and Anaconda (Gangsta) as they both require Menacing to be checked to work. Dunno if Anaconda and Cobra could be considered “menacing enough,” but Rain certainly isn’t.

Big Show isn't really a BFG, i think No Gimmick Needed would suit him. He's in no way a big cuddly giant. He knocked out like three guys on Smackdown with no remorse

That’s what happens when one of my last changes was to make Big Show a face and I noticed he had a Bully gimmick… BFG was the first thing that popped into my head. :)

As I stated in last month's thread, Wrestlicious still needs some work, but I think it's off to a decent start. Two things that I didn't mess with too much that I plan to look at more closely this month are the wages and card positions. All things considered ( and considering some workers work for other promotions as well) I don't think the wage scale is too bad, but can use some adjusting. As for the card positions, with only six episodes aired, it's kinda hard to guage exactly where the card positions should fall. With more episodes starting to air next week, hopefully, we can get a better idea.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Just going quickly through the gimmicks...

Rain (Felony) could be Cheater, Crazy, Degenerate, Evil, Old School Heel, Thief

The 2 Angels, Cobra and Anaconda, it's kinda hard to figure at this ppoint, because all's we've seen is their part in the music videos... I gave Viper (still in the game as Lotus) the "seductress" gimmick, due to her line in the rap... "I'm Viper, baby, who all the boys like." That could be completely off, but I can only go off of what info I have. :)

Things that could fit, though: Degenerate, Evil, Ice Man, Old School Heel, Street Fighter, Troublemaker

I could see arwrestling's suggestions working too... The only issue is, I used troublemaker on Portia Perez, Nicole Matthews and Charity (Naughty Girls). Dunno if I like the idea of using the same gimmick on so many workers.

I'm sure others could potentially fit, the above as I said was just a quick glance.

-Bill

Thanks for the update Bill!

-Sugar Dunkerton (CHIKARA) is 26 not 19

-His primary finisher must be "Slam Dunk" (Top Rope) and his second finisher "Sugar Rush" (Impact)

-Delirious is no longer a member of the "Neo Solar Temple" so, erase this stable and make Neo Solar Temple III and IV inactives

-Fire Ant is "The Colony" leader, not Soldier Ant

Edited by Leonheart0

Rename Doug Williams to Douglas Williams and regimmick him to machine? I know he is not Anti-USA anymore.

Brian Kendrick should be exclusive to TNA. He stopped showing up in PWG as London is now teaming with Roderick Strong and their tag titles have been held up, I think. Can someone double check this?

I don't think machine really works for Douglas Williams. I would probably change it to legitimate athlete or arrogant. His gimmick is that he doesn't like the guys "flip flopping all about" and that's not what REAL wrestling is. Machine doesn't fit that as well as either Legitimate Athlete or Arrogant.

Also, isn't Kendrick still appearing for DGUSA? He was with Jon Moxley not long ago.

Speaking of Kendrick, I would lower his speed from 84 to 81. I don't think he's a better speed-based wrestler than guys around 81-82, like Amazing Red, Jay Lethal, Kaz, etc.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I don't think machine really works for Douglas Williams. I would probably change it to legitimate athlete or arrogant. His gimmick is that he doesn't like the guys "flip flopping all about" and that's not what REAL wrestling is. Machine doesn't fit that as well as either Legitimate Athlete or Arrogant.

Also, isn't Kendrick still appearing for DGUSA? He was with Jon Moxley not long ago.

Speaking of Kendrick, I would lower his speed from 84 to 81. I don't think he's a better speed-based wrestler than guys around 81-82, like Amazing Red, Jay Lethal, Kaz, etc.

I know Williams is the Dean Malenko of TNA's X-Division and not an anti-American anymore. I thought Machine was better IMO.

On Williams, deactivate British Invasion? They haven't teamed since February the latest.

DGUSA PPV Spoiler so beware

Kendrick will appear on Mercury Rising in a loser leaves town tag with Moxley as his partner against Paul London & Jack Evans. Kendrick lost.

IMO Kendrick should be at 77, he hasn't been as good of late since his days in the Championship scramble back at Unforgiven 2008.

I'd up Darren Young's overness to 58, he seems to be the most over NXT rookie until last night...

I'd put Daniel Bryan's overness at about 61/62 for hanging with Batista and nearly making him tap what three times?

I think Wade Barrett's overness should be at 58, while he isn't as over as Young or Bryan, he has had more tv time than any of the NXT rookies due to being Chris Jericho's boy.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

I know Williams is the Dean Malenko of TNA's X-Division and not an anti-American anymore. I thought Machine was better IMO.

On Williams, deactivate British Invasion? They haven't teamed since February the latest.

Kendrick will appear on Mercury Rising in a loser leaves town tag with Moxley as his partner against Paul London & Jack Evans. Kendrick lost.

IMO Kendrick should be at 77, he hasn't been as good of late since his days in the Championship scramble back at Unforgiven 2008.

I'd up Darren Young's overness to 58, he seems to be the most over NXT rookie until last night...

I'd put Daniel Bryan's overness at about 61/62 for hanging with Batista and nearly making him tap what three times?

I think Wade Barrett's overness should be at 58, while he isn't as over as Young or Bryan, he has had more tv time than any of the NXT rookies due to being Chris Jericho's boy.

Seriously? I don't think Young is that over at all. If you watch the segments with just the rookies and no pros, I'd rank overness like this (in terms of getting any reaction):

1. David Otunga/Daniel Bryan

2. Wade Barrett

3. Justin Angel/Skip Sheffield

4. Heath Slater/Darren Young

5. Michael Tarver

That's based on NXT and appearances on the other brands.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Seriously? I don't think Young is that over at all. If you watch the segments with just the rookies and no pros, I'd rank overness like this (in terms of getting any reaction):

1. David Otunga/Daniel Bryan

2. Wade Barrett

3. Justin Angel/Skip Sheffield

4. Heath Slater/Darren Young

5. Michael Tarver

That's based on NXT and appearances on the other brands.

I disagree, Justin Gabriel is not over when it comes to the show and has not been on any other show.

Otunga, Bryan and Slater have all made one, maybe two tv appearances other than NXT while Barrett and Young are on SmackDown or RAW just about every week in an angle or a match.

I don't hear much of a reaction for Young unless he's with CM Punk (who's a heat magnet). Barrett gets some crowd response on his own, but definitely more when Jericho builds him up. I guess I just disagree; I hear the largest response for Otunga, Bryan, and Barrett on their own. I don't hear much for Young on NXT when he's by himself.

Ultimo Gladiador is 32 years old and his birth month should be March.

http://luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Ultimo_Gladiador