EWR 2010 Stats Update: May

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the team of claudio & ares called "Die Bruderschaft" instead of "Der Bruderschaft" - after all "Der Bruderschaft" doesn't make any sense on German

I still wonder if Angel Rose is supposed to be the Angel Rose that works the Miami circuit or not. Anyone know if might be someone else? Age and wages fit for her, and her gimmick to an extent, but the stats and finishers are all wrong.

This would be Angel Rose: http://www.myspace.com/darkenangel26

Probably one I added myself and based stats, etc off of workers she had faced. I tend to add workers in groups, so she could have been grouped in with the workers around her. As always, feel free to suggest changes.

Yeah, I'd give her speed 60, brawl 30, tech 35, charisma 60 over 10 (She always gets a big reaction, one of the most popular people in ICW, but I don't consider ICW a big promotion by any means so 10 works). Finishers: Code Red (Impact), Swanton Bomb (Top Rope). Underdog works because she's usually up against bigger performers (Calypso is ICW's other female regular, and she's probably 260+), and against male competitors too. Wage is fine, because I don't think ICW even pays their workers.

Tick Fonz Factor, High Spots and Diva too.

Brian Kendrick last appeared in PWG in January at Kurt Russellmania, but is still on the roster page of the PWG website. And Paul London is going to be teaming with El Generico for DDT4. London and Roderick Strong are not teaming in PWG.

OVW new tag team to be made active.. International Mafia .. Jimbo Onoo and Joey Barone

And I disagree on Justin Gabriel v David Otungu.

Otungu gets referred overness.. not for who he is, what he does or how he wrestles (his stats are overrated i think, his brawl needs lowering).. Justin Gabriel gets the early Paul London overness.. over because fans know they are going to see some amazing moves. He is always way more over by the end of the fight than he was at the start.

Thanks for the update!

-Mike Quackenbush's CHIKARA Special finisher is Submission, not Impact. Does he typically use that or one of the Lightning Locks more?

-I'm almost positive Kendrick is still with PWG. In his shoot interview with London, he mentions his appreciation for being able to work for PWG while he's still in TNA.

-Does anyone know what Christina Von Eerie's finishers are?

-Curt Hawkins' new primary finisher is the Laugh Riot, which is impact.

-Skip Sheffield's primary finisher name is Boulder Holder, according to his NXT blog.

Just a question. After last night's segment with Edge does anyone think Orton is unique? I only ask this because last night's segment was great and I did a segment with those two before in a previous game I had a similar confrontation segment where both became unique.

Edited by KnowYourRole

Just a question. After last night's segment with Edge does anyone think Orton is unique? I only ask this because last night's segment was great and I did a segment with those two before in a previous game I had a similar confrontation segment where both became unique.

That is most likely because the segment got a 100% rating, which results in the participants getting the unique gimmick.

I'm not really sure what Orton's gimmick is right now, to be honest. He's immensely popular, but is doing a lot of the same stuff he did as a heel. Maybe unique would be the best fit, or something like no gimmick needed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the team of claudio & ares called "Die Bruderschaft" instead of "Der Bruderschaft" - after all "Der Bruderschaft" doesn't make any sense on German

I think really we should rename the teams BDK. They get called that

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Taken from a post on the SHIMMER Forum:

Hmm...this is from Malia's latest blog. Not that I don't entirely disagree with her. In fact I probably agree with more of what she says than less but still... to basically call out the Shimmer gals like this is kinda... rough?

FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH....4/18/10

Let me first apologize for the delayed news update and the fact that I prob will not have a current video blog this month. I am still struggling with the full time job and time management... Damn do I need to win the lottery!!! So I can retire!

Speaking of retirement--Yes, once again it is on my mind.

I love wrestling and all the fans who have supported me thru the years, but in watching the matches at SHIMMER this past month I realize more and more that this is not the business I came up in and fell in love with. The high spots, the beating just to take or give it, matches that are amazing and showcase talent, but essentially have no meaning once the final bell has rung.

I miss the days of storylines, storylines that developed over time. Matches that start off introducing the pair and build to something great and storylines for each participant on the show, no matter the placement on the card.

It seems that today wrestlers and fans are content with the brief interludes and feuds and that if you are on the show prior to main or semi-main event then you just aren't an important match. I remember when every match was important, the first match set the pace and tone, but it also may have started a fued that would come to the forefront over time as the main event wrapped up and those wrestlers moved to the mid-card. I remember when the main event was something you anticipated because each night prior built towards the next facing off of the 2. Alas, it seems that those days are gone and now each story gets wrapped up within a few shows and the same players simply switch opponents and go on in the same positions and the undercard stays as the filler matches.

All this is apparent esp when you read the news boards and the first 2 -3 matches of a show aren't even mentioned, or when they are it is barely a line or two. Perhaps it's my age. My day and era have come and gone.... perhaps it's the fact that I remember my vets, and most of the people today have not even heard of me let alone my veterans. They have no idea who came before them and find wrestling from the 80's to be dated and boring, but to me it was amazing! There were the guys/girls who told a story in the ring with moves and yet they did very little high-pact or high-flying because when they did then it was "WOW!!!" Then they settled back into a routine of storytelling. You wanted to clap, you wanted to cheer, and you always went "ooo!!!" at the cut off points and when the face FINALLY beat the heel EVERYONE in the building felt something.

I miss that! I miss telling a story and having more than 6 minutes to do it. I miss working holds and getting the fans involved and making even the lockerroom wonder if I was hurt or not. THAT is wrestling! THAT is talent! And there are many girls who have that talent, but few are able to showcase it because they are put into high-flying constant motion matches. The do all the amazing moves but have no clue as to why or when to do them other than they look cool and the fans love to see them so we should do them all the time! For the whole 10-15 minutes we they out there!!!!!

There is an art to the wrestling industry that has died a slow painful tragic death and that was my industry, that was my passion! Perhaps that is why my career has died a slow cancerous death, never being seen as true talent, as someone that is main-event material or marketable to the wreslting fans.... Maybe I love an art form that no longer exists and should put the final nail in the coffin of my career and walk away.

Again... these are thoughts that I am pondering, my heart still loves to tell the story, but isn't sure there is forum in which to tell it. We will see how things progress and perhaps next month I will feel rejuvinated and refreshed and have a new light on things. Until next month

XXOO!!

Malia Hosaka

I doubt Malia Hosaka will be back in SHIMMER. Perhaps drop her attitude by 5 as well...

Stacy Carter is dating Kizarny so they should have a love relationship. Credit to a PWInsider.com Elite Hotline.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Finlay is no longer considered part of the active WWE roster. Vince McMahon feels he is too old to wrestle, but remains with the company as agent.

Source: http://www.gerweck.net/news/1273099068.shtml

So guessing by that time to drop Finlay from the active WWE roster

When I personally think of Dolph Ziggler, I don't think of fonz factor. I disagree.

Fair enough. I would say his mannerisms kinda scream "cool guy"

Ya know for example like the little mark kids who don't know any of the wrestlers apart from Cena and Batista would know doubt remember him as "the cool one"