EWR 2010 Stats Update: May

Tick high spots for Kurt Angle. Moonsaults off cages, sentons off stages, and quite a few high spots in his career... He might not do them as frequently as Jeff Hardy or Sabu, but Angle definitely does high spots.

I would also argue that Angle's brawl could be bumped up a point or two. Again, it's a case where most of the time he's doing technical wrestling, but he's also a great brawler. He's put on four star+ matches with Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, and Mr. Anderson recently, which were primarily brawls. I'd raise his brawl to 81.

Tick shooting for Tajiri. He trained in kickboxing.

Jazz's age should be 36, not 33.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Tick high spots for Kurt Angle. Moonsaults off cages, sentons off stages, and quite a few high spots in his career... He might not do them as frequently as Jeff Hardy or Sabu, but Angle definitely does high spots.

I would also argue that Angle's brawl could be bumped up a point or two. Again, it's a case where most of the time he's doing technical wrestling, but he's also a great brawler. He's put on four star+ matches with Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, and Mr. Anderson recently, which were primarily brawls. I'd raise his brawl to 81.

Tick shooting for Tajiri. He trained in kickboxing.

I agree on Kurt Angle's high spots. His spots are definitely high spots in the game and he seems to do them only in big matches. As for Angle's brawl, I don't think he brawls enough regularly to be at an 81. He is no way someone who can pull 4 star brawls with just anyone. The more memerable brawls I've seen with him were against AJ Styles, Shane McMahon and the aforementioned Jeff Jarrett match. I think he is fine as is.

What is the source for Jazz's age.

I guess only making him a non-wrestler is enough.

If you are referring to Finlay, why? He has only worked one match since the beginning of the year and WWE retired him like they did to Jamie Noble to be an agent. Noble hasn't wrestled since he was "retired" by the Sheamus attack back in late October/early November. Billy Kidman hasn't wrestled in a good 2 years and became a trainer in FCW.

A couple of notes following the completion of WWE Superstars tonight:

- Change Shad's Primary finisher to STO or Shad's Taking Over (Impact) as it was referred to by Matt Striker after defeating JTG with it in their match.

- Also re-activate The Colons, and I'm not too sure on this one, but turn Primo heel. Carlito cut a promo on how the fans were worthless, and he and Primo hugged and walked out together after Carlito propositioned the team re-unite.

I'm not 100% sure on their alignment though, as Carlito's promo was 100% heel, yet they were cheered when they left the ring together.

SmackDown

•Remove Drew McIntyre from SmackDown as Teddy Long 'Fired' him and vacated the I.C Title

So he might go to RAW or comeback to SD! we just don't know.

New title holder will be declared next week... Supposedly.

•According to Matt Striker on SD!, MVP likes to call his finisher the "Play of the Day"

• Like 1

What is the source for Jazz's age.

Actually, for some reason Wikipedia has her birth year listed as 1973, but in their source (Online World of Wrestling) it's 1976. My mistake. I edited it on Wikipedia to reflect that as well.

I don't think CW Anderson should have menacing ticked. He isn't really all that intimidating, even when he was the enforcer for Simon Diamond. He doesn't have an intimidating physical presence; he was scary for opponents in the same sense someone like Chris Benoit or Dean Malenko was, due to his wrestling, not because of his physique.

EZ Money should be 39, not 37. He was born in August 1970, according to cagematch.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

Guest The Phenomenal Red

SmackDown

•Remove Drew McIntyre from SmackDown as Teddy Long 'Fired' him and vacated the I.C Title

So he might go to RAW or comeback to SD! we just don't know.

New title holder will be declared next week... Supposedly.

Until Drew is on RAW, I disagree. It could be an angle or he is injured and they want him to stay over so the WWE thought that angle would be best.

Remove D-Generation MEX from the game as a stable, The only member currently in AAA is Rocky Romero.

Make an inactive tag team called D-Generation MEX with Alex Kolsov and Rocky Romero at 15 exp.

About the Colons reforming:

I'd wait on the Colons but house shows they SHOULD be heels now.

What's reasonable overness for top stars at a regional company? Im finding I may need to suggest updated overness for OVW stars, and some FCW stars.

OVW is probably as big as some cult promotions, but i'd just put it upper regional because it's in a development stage in terms of roster and it wouldn't attract too many big names post- top tier careers. But 27 for a main eventer seems a bit low in hindsight.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

What's reasonable overness for top stars at a regional company? Im finding I may need to suggest updated overness for OVW stars, and some FCW stars.

OVW is probably as big as some cult promotions, but i'd just put it upper regional because it's in a development stage in terms of roster and it wouldn't attract too many big names post- top tier careers. But 27 for a main eventer seems a bit low in hindsight.

I think it is like high 40's low 50's but most of the guys in OVW are not as known as you think they are to be quite honest. I think OVW talent should be no higher than the 40's except for say Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway, KC James and Idol Stevens due to their WWE tenure. I hear most of these names and they are no more known than openers in Ring of Honor to me.

No, I agree that they aren't well known and they would be. I'm thinkin people like Jamin, Los Locos, Brent Wellington, Fang, Kamikaze Kid.. people who get real reactions.. maybe mid to high 30s.. the Elite too.. And the others to be in the 20s. Anything less than 20, and you wouldn't be on tv I think.. or if you are, you are some of the OVW guys and girls who get zero reaction coz the fans are sparse and it is a training school.

It's hard to know too, coz I like in Australia.. and now OVW is attended by maybe 80 people show shows I watch online, so you're not going to be able to judge over from that either.

How about Cash Flo, 2 Tough Tony and Mad Man Pondo? The first two were at like 11 and 14. I would have thought 11 or 14 is like small promotion territory.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Worker notes:

Rename Buck Hawke to Shayne Hawke because he has not used the name out side of CHIKARA.

Rename Slash to Lost Soul Slash (see Alter Ego notes.)

Alter Egos notes:

Add Cobra WCW to Jeff Farmer's alter egos as Cobra is now used for one of Jimmy's Angels.

Add Scott Parker to Jagged's alter egos as this is now his name in CHIKARA teaming with Shane Matthews as 3.0.

Add Slash to Wolfie D's alter egos as he was TNA's Slash in Jim Mitchell's New Church as well as doing the gimmick previously being a part of the Disciples of Synn in OVW.

Drop Slash as Lost Soul Slash's alter egos as it would conflict with Wolfie D's alter egos.

Add Tajiri Yoshihiro to Tajiri's alter egos as he used this in his first WWF stint back in 1997 through IWA Japan.

Add Ted The Trailer to Ted McNaler's alter egos.

Tag Team notes:

Rename 2.0 to 3.0.

Add 2.0: Jagged & Maxime Boyer with an exp of 4 and the team would be inactive.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I do not think NWA Pro actually has run any shows under than name in a long time, and the NWA Showcase on Colours TV has not been active in about a year. Though I could be wrong.

I know a lot people use the NWA for diaries and that but I agree, the NWA Wrestling Showcase is all but DOA and is basically a bunch of smaller promotions that only have the NWA letters as a common thread.

I think American Luchacore Sami Callihan's promotion, Anarchy Championship Wrestling out of Texas, NWA New Beginnings out of North Carolina or Los Perro Del Mal(the promotion used for the lucha libre ppv being shopped around) should be added to the game IF NWA is taken out of the game due to inactivity of the singular promotion.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Raise Alex Riley's brawl to 70 and charisma to 80.

Anything to show us why that should be? I used to be a big mark for Riley but I haven't even seen him wrestle in a while. So I really don't know if his brawling or charisma should go up to that. But then again I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Regarding NWA Pro

First, SHOWCASE hasn't been on since last April it only lasted 4 months.

Second, "NWA Pro" is the Territory, and has never been a promotion on it's own (to the best of my research); it's run by David Marques. This territory includes several SoCal promotions (most notably: PWR, EWF, SCPW, and ASW), a promotion in Utah, which has an on and off again relationship with NWA Pro, as well as two of the three NWA affiliated promotions in Austrailia they also do rare shows in Arizona, however they a few and far between ever since NWA-IZW left the territory. NWA Pro is probably the largest territory that the NWA is represented by, currently, with the possible exception of NWA Mid-West.

If NWA-Pro is removed I think there would be a lack of representation for the NWA. The affiliate promotions under the NWA-pro name are very active, especially in summer months where EWF and PRW both start running 2-3 shows a week; which is a lot more than some of the other promotions currently in the game.

IMO, I like having the territories acting as promotions in EWR. NWA is still a strong name in wrestling that people recognize. The territories also are a bonus in the game when it comes to workers working multiple promotions since many of them work for several promotions in the territory, it would only take up one of their slots. As was said earlier, a lot of people use NWA Pro for diaries although a lot of work is required in making it more current. I would like to see more NWA territories in the game to make it more realistic. Other smaller promotions are competeing against the NWA territories for fan base and workers (PWG and NWA-pro compete using a lot of the same guys and try to get fans to their shows.) NWA Southwest (Texas), and NWA PRO EAST (Pro wrestling express and NWA on fire are both affiliates of that territory.)

Alternativly, if you don't agree with me, and it's decided that NWA-Pro needs to go:

First I would suggest Changing it to one of the smaller affiliates of NWA-Pro: PRW (Pro Wrestling Revolution - luchadore style, fairly large crowds, and they tend to bring in many high profile mexican wrestlers) or EWF (Fairly consistant roster). This way the NWA on the west coast is still represented.

A second option would be to replace it with "NWA on fire" out of maine Notable stars are Nunzio, The Great Malaki (was on DGUSA for at least one show that I saw) and Apollo; also Bob Backlund and Rick Fuller make sporadic appearences. This promotion has been running for a few years now in Maine and has had a Local TV show (NWA on Fire TV) which shows in Maine, Peurto Rico, Austrailia and other markets that I don't recall at this moment.

I think it was red who suggested relacing it with NWA New Beginings which is another possible solution.

In summary, I really hope that NWA-Pro doesn't go, In fact I would like to see the opposite and have more territories in the game. But if It has to go, there are several options to keep an NWA promotion in the game, especially since there are so few in the game right now.

As someone from Maine I would love to see NWA on Fire in the game, but not many of the workers are in the game other than the ones you mentioned and Scotty Vegas.

I only suggested NWA Pro be removed because people like to keep it realistic, but after your post I think it deserves to stay in. Personally I like to play as the promotion from time to time anyway.