The 2010 Summer transfer thread

There's a lot of talk about Benzema heading to Utd.

It's no doubt unfounded bull-shit, but I don't think he'll be at Real next season, whether he signs for Utd or not.

Then again quite a lot of Man Utd fans seemed in denial that Cristiano Ronaldo would ever leave, and David Beckham.

I think Man Utd could end up with Benzema & Rodwell as the two summer signings. Carrick probably will go back to Spurs for their Champions League campaign.

So I'm reading today that gerrard is linked to Man City, I've also heard rumours of him moving abroad to Real or Inter (snd abroad is gonna be the best place for him if the rumours about him turn out true and end up in the papers). If I had to choose between Torres and Gerrard staying, then as much as I love him I'd let Stevie go, we'd be fucked without Torres and Gerrard has been subpar this season, if we can get over £30 million for him, and a significant amount of that is used on a replacement it would be good buissiness.

I've heard good things about Wilson from a rangers season ticket holder I know, she said he could be another Hansen for us.

I doubt he'd go to Man City - first and foremost they're not Champions League and secondly a move to Manchester...I dunno.

I'm hearing suggestions that within England Arsenal and Spurs are MOST likely. Barca won't want him so maybe Madrid....Strangely I don't think there's much of a market for Gerrard at the very top teams right now, and I don't think he'd want to move "downwards".

Jose really rates him though, so Inter could move for him, which may actually be a good move for Gerrard. Thing about City s that money talks, remember Barry and the "I ahve to leave Villa for Champions League football" then next thing he's gone to city after they threw money at him, they can spend what they want on wages and it may be enough to turn his head this time.

Without a doubt, despite the fact that we (Newcastle) will have a very small budget this summer, we will be linked with everyone who's ever even so much as entered a football ground.

I've seen us already linked with a £15m move for some Spanish guy who is also attracting interest from Real and AC Milan. (N)

So apparently we now have no budget. Hoorary for LEON BEST (!?!?!?!) super sub!

To be fair, although a lot of people have decided Newcastle will come straight back down because of this 'no capital outlay on players' thing, there's a good few solid possible free agents available if you get in there quick enough, and I'm sure some good players will be available on loan too. I can see Newcastle picking up a couple of good cheap players and having an alright season.

With the final league games in just a few hours I wanted to start the thread.

Begin the Tottenham-links with a possible £6mil bid for Bellamy and a free transfer approach for 32 year old Raul.

How I'd have wished for Raul to come six years ago.

Personally I'll be delighted if we just get Joe Cole.

Tottenham can go to hell before we sell them Bellamy! and Raul, Cheap bastards

As Long as City sign every good players then we should be fine

I heard Kris Boyd is wanting to return to Kilmarnock.

Do you post on the Killie board?

have an account, although I don#t post all that much. why?

Just I have a mate who I am sure posts on there basicially sucks Kyle's cock. :shifty:

Yup, seems the Foster to Birmingham deal is almost done;

Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster is set to move to Birmingham City for £4m, BBC Sport understands. Foster, 27, has only played one Premier League game since October after falling behind Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuzczak in the United pecking order.

He has also dropped out of the England squad and said last week he has blown his chance of going to the World Cup.

• Like 1

Chelsea have been linked with Higuain as far back as 2006-07, when he was first coming to Europe. They started linking them again a couple of months ago when talk of him being 'overshadowed' in the Madrid team cropped up. Not a surprise, therefore.

I find transfer rumours quite fun IF we get new or interesting ideas to spark the imagination, even if they're completely unrealistic. Hence today's rumour of Chelsea going in for Modric at £20m is a good old laugh. HOWEVER, if I read one more rumour about the likes of David Villa or Danny Alves I am going to firebomb the newspaper in question. These guys have been linked with Chelsea for YEARS and they're clearly not coming - and I damn sure wouldn't want Alves even if he was.

So, what are the early morning transfer rumours on the BBC website today......

Man Utd after Lassana Diarra.

Arsenal after "abrasive" Jeremy Toulalan.

Liverpool after another Argentine - Ever Banega.

Chelsea after Stephen Ireland to replace Joe Cole.

Tottenham to sign David James on a free transfer.

I'm not surprised James continues to be linked to Harry Redknapp. Would be surprised to see Chelsea go for Ireland.

Somebody should sign Ireland. He's way too good not to be first choice for a team. But then he'd probably be willing to only play about 20-30 games a season if some of them ended up being in the Champions League, and/or he had a shot at winning a competition.

I'm looking forward to strange things this summer. Like which random Central/South Americans Wigan will buy to replace Rodallega and N'Zogbia if they go. And if O'Neill ever buys some decent back-up midfielders/shows the intention to use more than 13 players next year. And which other lower Prem/upper Championship guys Hodgson can buy and make awesome.