Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

What the fuck happened there? Fucking useless cunts should go die in a fire. Gongrats on retaining, Chelsea.

How the fuck does drawing against EVERTON AWAY induce this kind of reaction? Example #254 why I hate pretty much every United fan I've met.

United were 3-1 up after 90 minutes.

...I know. But it's Everton away. Put things into perspective.

Hey, embittered United fans. Guess what.

You're still 2 points up on last season.

Last season you lost away to Everton and Fulham and still came within a gnat's wing of winning the title. It's a fucking improvement, so hush.

Oh it was a pretty spectacular goal from Kalinic like ¬_¬

Meh, a point away to Wigan will do. Given the circumstances of only having 10 men for nearly all the match.

EDIT: So I check the possession stats on BBC and it says Sunderland had 60% of the ball. A dramatic increase from the appaent 36% that Sky Sports said we had.

How can they be off by so much!?

Edited by IAceI

Good to see someone else reminded him, that's a crazy reaction right there. It's a 3-3 draw against a team which will probably qualify for Europe and we drew with them the season we won the league around this time...sure it was sloppy defending and 2 goals ahead we should have wrapped it up but shit happens jeez calm down!.

A win next week against Liverpool and everyone forgets what happened at Everton and we're suddenly title contenders again (that is if people aren't jizzing themselves over Chelsea spanking Blackpool).

Seems so stupid to even discuss the title right now, we're miles away from knowing how this season is going to turn out, I think it doesn't really become too clear until about games 25-30!

Edited by Sam

That's why I at this stage in the season I compare like-for-like with the same fixture(s) from last year. It gives me something to reference which doesn't seem as completely ridiculous as the actual table.

And to that end: Chelsea 5 points up on last year already. (H)

It can happen to the best of us. Take a turn into some street and wish you really hadn't.

Oh yeah, speaking of this sort of thing:

Number of threats of physical violence leveled at me on my last away trip to Spurs: Zero.

Number of threats of physical violence leveled at me on my last away trip to Arsenal: Zero.

Number of threats of physical violence leveled at me on my last away trip to Fulham: Zero.

Number of threats of physical violence leveled at me on my last away trip to West Ham: Five.

Admittedly Spurs would really have been the only other ones of those I might have expected anything from (and they beat us last time, so presumably they were less grouchy :shifty:). Not sure why I even included Fulham on the list. They seem a relatively lovely bunch.

Conclusion: wouldn't mind West Ham getting relegated all that much.

Last season you lost away to Everton and Fulham and still came within a gnat's wing of winning the title. It's a fucking improvement, so hush.

Hey, this is the attitude I'm taking - even if it's only to prevent me from getting depressed about the whole thing. :shifty:

Chelsea look in fine form though, and putting things into perspective when we were a penalty kick away from sealing the game against Fulham and 3-1 up with just injury time to play against Everton isn't easy to do. Sure, before the game looking at it from the "better than last season" perspective would've been fine, but not so much when you're in such favourable positions late on in games.

Hey, this is the attitude I'm taking - even if it's only to prevent me from getting depressed about the whole thing. :shifty:

Chelsea look in fine form though, and putting things into perspective when we were a penalty kick away from sealing the game against Fulham and 3-1 up with just injury time to play against Everton isn't easy to do. Sure, before the game looking at it from the "better than last season" perspective would've been fine, but not so much when you're in such favourable positions late on in games.

So did we when beating Newcastle and West Ham :P, it's easy to look in good form against bottom sides, I think the first chance we have to really see where Chelsea lie is when they play Man City. I think they then have to play Liverpool and Villa after that? And at some point they have a Spurs, Utd, Arsenal, Everton in succession.

And at some point they have a Spurs, Utd, Arsenal, Everton in succession.

Yeah. Our December fixture list looks fucking deadly.

[1 Dec - Carling Cup 5th round?]

4 Dec - Everton (Home)

8 Dec - Marseille (Away)

11 Dec - Tottenham Hotspur (Away)

18 Dec - Manchester United (Home)

26 Dec - Arsenal (Away)

28 Dec - Bolton Wanderers (Home)

1 Jan - Aston Villa (Home)

How is any Chelsea fan anxious about anything?

England was yours pretty much the second United sold Ronaldo/Tevez.

It's just a question of whether you can go on to dominate Europe or not.

United are entering a rebuilding phase but with the club being what it is, a rebuilding phase to United is still generally top 3 finishes.