Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I couldn't believe it when I saw Hughton got sacked. He's done a great job with Newcastle. Yeah, the club has been in poor form the past few games, but that happens when your starting center backs are out, as well as Barton and your captain, who has been doing really good this season too. Awful decision by Ashley.

But hey, I know Chris Hughton would be welcomed at the Boleyn!

I couldn't believe it when I saw Hughton got sacked. He's done a great job with Newcastle. Yeah, the club has been in poor form the past few games, but that happens when your starting center backs are out, as well as Barton and your captain, who has been doing really good this season too. Awful decision by Ashley.

But hey, I know Chris Hughton would be welcomed at the Boleyn!

I'd take Avram actually, but probably more because he's the double of my Grandad rather than anything else...

Hughton deserved to go. Apart from steadying the ship of a side in free fall, storming to the Championship, thrashing Aston Villa 6-0, beating arch rivals Sunderland 5-1, getting results against league champions Chelsea, earning the respect of the fans, and going about it all with a completely professional attitude and playing some pretty decent football, what did he ever accomplish?

Sarcasm aside, this is disgraceful, but Hughton shouldn't find it hard to find another job. I reckon he'd fit in well at West Ham if Avram Grant goes over the precipice, or Wigan if their struggles continue. Who is Ashley going to realistically find as a better replacement?

• Like 2

So Sky build up to a Liverpool/Villa game by talking all about... Chelsea?

1. It's Sky.

2. Talking about a club's shitness is the most interesting thing possible, if you believe the majority of football pundits. This is regardless of context. Hence, for the moment at least, Chelsea.

3. It's Sky.

I didn't actually see the build-up, so I'm just guessing. :shifty: But aaanyway, not sure who I'm supporting in this one. I've fallen a bit out of love with Villa this season, and Liverpool are Liverpool. I guess I'll see how it goes.

So Sky build up to a Liverpool/Villa game by talking all about... Chelsea?

1. It's Sky.

2. Talking about a club's shitness is the most interesting thing possible, if you believe the majority of football pundits. This is regardless of context. Hence, for the moment at least, Chelsea.

3. It's Sky.

I didn't actually see the build-up, so I'm just guessing. :shifty: But aaanyway, not sure who I'm supporting in this one. I've fallen a bit out of love with Villa this season, and Liverpool are Liverpool. I guess I'll see how it goes.

We don't need your pity. :shifty:

When Sky have MNF, the first half hour is dedicated to their Last Word programme they usually have on Sunday, that's why they talk aboiut other teams and why it starts at 7 for an 8pm kickoff.

Edited by The Cool One

Stupid tackle by Warnock and Dunne looking dodgy. There was me thinking 30 minutes ago we could actually win this one. Normal service to be resumed shortly.

Lol, and there we go. Villa really do look utterly fucking hopeless under Houllier.

Edited by ONO