Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Despite the referee trying to end our unbeaten streak, it still didn't happen. Carrick and Fletcher were horrendous. I'm not sure I can push myself to watch many more games of ours when Carrick is starting. Just don't understand how or why he's starting ahead of Scholes and Anderson.

Wanted the win, but it's a great result after a poor performance, bar the defence. So overall very happy in the end.

Fucking relieved with that result after Rafael's sending off. Vidic was ace again, there's just not enough superlatives to describe the man.

Disappointed, though, that even with two strikers the tactic was clearly to have Rooney play a more defensive role. Had Rafael not been sent off either team could've easily snatched the win. It was up for grabs but we didn't really even bother reaching out.

Despite the referee trying to end our unbeaten streak, it still didn't happen. Carrick and Fletcher were horrendous. I'm not sure I can push myself to watch many more games of ours when Carrick is starting. Just don't understand how or why he's starting ahead of Scholes and Anderson.

Wanted the win, but it's a great result after a poor performance, bar the defence. So overall very happy in the end.

That's EXACTLY what he was trying to do...but you saw through his dastardly plans. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Admin

You're saying the ref was biased for Spurs. Ha! Red card aside (which I need to see on tv before commenting on), it was embarrassing to watch. Giggs should have been booked numerous times over and he consistently got things wrong. Amused to see Fergie practically playing on the wing too.

Frustrating that it was only a draw but on balance of play a fair result. Modric and BAE was immense, Crouch woeful, Palacios showed some of his original for in the first half before reverting to his normal shitty self in the second half.

I wouldn't say United were negative. We kept Gomes busier than your guys did VDS... and most other shots were sent into Row Z by Palacios.

We were bound to try and hold on to the 0-0 once Rafael got sent off. Good defensively, but not much going forward. Pleased with the draw.

I think it's clear we need to avoid having Skrtel and Kyrgiakos on the pitch together at all costs. I hope to god Agger's injury isn't anything serious.

Illness, apparently. Was sick before the Blackpool game.

Disappointed with the result but the improvement, especially in the first half, is there for everyone to see. Torres looks like a different player now that he actually gets some support from midfield, but everyone - even Spearing - actually looked half decent.

Same issues still remain, chief amongst them being our confidence and bottle go completely whenever we concede. Happened against Blackpool, and it took us a while to rally after they went 2-1 up. It didn't help that the corner for their first wasn't actually a corner, and I'm not entirely sure play should've carried on for their second after the way Kelly went down, but even so, we need to stop letting our heads drop whenever we concede a goal.

Edited by therockbox.

Mereles really impressed me today, he looked lively and got himself into good positions. He took his goal really well aswell. Really glad to see us able to put a good performance in first half, and hopefully in time the confidence will grow and we can maintain that for 90 mins

Just watched the sending off on the tele - no way was that a second yellow. A foul possibly you could argue but it was not worthy of a second yellow. But we all know how bad the officials were today.

I think it was a freekick because the coming together did stop the Tottenham player's advantage, but it was never a second yellow you're right. Bad officiating again, but this week it went against United whereas last week it went for us, win some lose some I suppose (or in this case draw!).

• Admin

Rafael aside, I really don't think he was against Utd. For Utd if anything. Giggs should have been booked at least twice over, other little trips and such went unpunished; and Andre Mariner allowed Fergie to stand essentially on the pitch for the majority of the game.

But enough moaning. 0-0 is a decent result against Man Utd. We just need to not slip up in the smaller games as we normally do.

Anyone know how long until Huddlestone is back?

Now I know you like to slate Carrick after EVERY single game, but come off it. Behind Vidic he was our best player today, defensively he was superb. Anything that wasn't blocked or cleared by Vidic was dealt with by Carrick. Seriously, so much so that Ferdinand's name was barely mentioned all game. Yes, going forward he could've been better but he had nothing to aim at. Nani was anonymous and Berbatov was isolated because he and Rooney were too far apart most of the game.

Bored of coming in this thread and seeing the same old crap. Anderson did nothing when he came on and Scholes is only just back from injury. Besides, what the hell has Anderson ever done to be rated more highly than Carrick? Had 3 good games a season? Oh right, yeah he's young and Brazilian so it's ok. And on the basis of today (and going by your logic) Carrick should start ahead of Fletcher every week.

Mike Dean was shit. Not biased in anyone's favour, just shit. He blew up every time there was any sort of coming together and, particularly in the second half, the game didn't flow as it could have. Never a sending off but hey ho, the same thing will happen to someone else next week. I'll take 0-0 on the basis that we were shite going forward, but managed to keep Bale and Van der Vaart pretty quiet. Also, Aaron Lennon is shit. Every full back that plays against him should just stand off and let him cross, because he can't do it. Dive in and let him run yeah he's great, just don't ask him to pick a pass out. Honestly, it would infuriate me having Lennon in my side.

Carrick almost handed Spurs a goal in the first minute, and later on gave away the ball in midfield stupidly, which led to a Spurs chance - other than that, he played well, and helped out Ferdinand and Vidic.

The problem with Carrick, is that going forward, he isn't playing the way he did when he first arrived. He seems more intent on fucking about with it and taking too long, which sometimes leads to mistakes - and if he's making what could prove to be costly mistakes, I can see why people get annoyed with him.

But yeah, as I said in a previous post, a lot of his good work goes relatively un-noticed by the viewer. He's the player Rio praises on twitter more than any other.