Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

YEAHHHHHHH HOLY CRAP WE WON AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see Torres getting two but Meireles had a really good game. If he keeps playing like today and the 1st half of the Everton game he could be a vital player for the rest of the season.

Helps the goal difference a bit too and with Fulham midweek and Gerrard back hopefully we can get back to back wins :D

Spurs team looking a bit attacking today. Thankfully Carroll's out injured so we've not got too much to fear up front.

Defoe up front, VDV just behind, Lennon right, Pienaar left, Modric and Jenas centre, Bale left back and Hutton right back....

...So that means we're playing two defensive players. :w00t:

Decent result for Liverpool, they played well. Wolves made it a good game too, they came out looking for goals. Every time I see Wolves play I think they're unlucky, I think if they had a bit more fire power they would be above the relegation zone easy.

Disappointed for Shelvey not to score a goal. He had a great chance. I'm wondering if the return of Gerrard will now force Meireles out of the position he has been playing so well in. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Shit rule that, could turn out to be the biggest goal of West Ham's season and the lad gets booked for celebrating.

Everton have just equalised (N)

Edited by Jordan

Wonderful performance by Berba and United today, the only down point for me is that Rooney didn't get a goal or two but he had a good game none-the-less. Boosts are goal difference back up too and a cleant sheet :) MOTD is gonna be good viewing tonight!

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp 'mugged' in Madrid

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has revealed he was mugged while attending a football match in Spain on Thursday.

Redknapp, 63, was in Madrid to see the Spanish capital's two main teams, Real and Atletico, play in the Copa del Rey.

He said two men fell to their knees in front of him and tugged at his trouser legs to distract him while four others took money and items from his pockets.

Redknapp said he did not report the incident to police.

He said he was at the match with his assistant manager Kevin Bond and had to borrow money from him to pay for a taxi back to his hotel and for dinner before returning to London.

'Got some sweets'

The former Portsmouth and West Ham manager said: "I'm walking round the outside of the stadium, it's a fantastic atmosphere, there's all little stalls there selling sweets.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

I just probably looked stupid or something”

End Quote Harry Redknapp

"I got some sweets, me and Kevin, and it was so packed. The next thing there's two guys on their knees in front of me and I felt someone pull my overcoat.

"I thought 'what are you doing?'. The next thing he's got my keys on the floor.

"I thought 'is he a blind man or someone having trouble walking properly?' What are they doing, these two blokes?

"I'm going 'let go of my trousers', pushing them away. While I'm doing that they're rifling my pockets, there were about six of them. And then they went.

Cristiano Ronaldo scores the only goal of the Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid game The Spurs manager was in Spain to watch Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid

"I thought 'what are they doing?' I went to put my hand in my pockets and realised what they'd done.

"They took everything. All my money, credit cards, everything really."

The Spurs manager said he did not believe the muggers knew who he was.

"I just probably looked stupid or something, and they thought 'here's one here, he's not Spanish, obviously and we're looking for a foreigner'."

Real Madrid won the match at Atletico's Vicente Calderon Stadium 1-0. Redknapp said the incident unsettled him and he left about 15 minutes before the end of the game, which he attended to watch potential transfer target Diego Forlan, the former Manchester United striker.

A similar thing happened to my Dad a couple years ago in Spain, they got his wallet with about 400 Euros and he'd only been in the country an hour. They prey on the foreign the bastards!

It's a really common thing, I saw it all the time in Barcelona, Japanese tourists are particularly susceptible to being 'pickpocketed', I use the term lightly as quite often they take stuff from your bags etc.

Although it's hardly ever Spanish people involved, usually dodgy Eastern Europeans or Moroccans. Just have to have your wits about you, or don't carry around large amounts of cash, cards etc.

Great win today, 3rd hat trick of the season for Berba XD

Wow. We really cannot get a win. I can't believe what happened, that whole ordeal with Piquionne. Ugh, just completely gutted. 3 points would've been so wonderful, but I guess we have to at least think positive: a point on the road.

Another quality of Hollowayism:

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway on his in-demand midfielder Charlie Adam: "There are three teams in and around us in the league who have all offered unbelievably little amounts of money for him (Liverpool, Aston Villa Birmingham). I am disappointed by that - £2.5m, £3.5m and £4m. Any chance of putting a one in front of that and you might have a chance. If he's only worth £4m then I'm a Scotsman called McTavish."

from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9368574.stm

:lol:

Peter Walton is a dickhead

He's not though is he. Whoever decided the law is to blame. I wanted to punch Garth Crooks (more than usual) when he kept going on and on about how disgraceful a decision was and how Walton should have just let him off. He made Mark Bright look sensible and bloody intelligent.

It's in the rules, yellow card for celebrating in the crowd. You can't let players off 'cos it's an important goal at the end of a big week'. That's not how it works and it's Walton who'd suffer for it if he let him off.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, doesn't happen that often in Madrid, more along the coast cities such as Barcelona and down the Costa Del Sol where I lived.

EDIT: Obviously in reference to the Redknapp stuff.