Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

He'll play a blinder in the derby and keep his place. Carrick tends to have a few bad games, then a really good one in a very important match.

I have no idea what the FUCK he was thinking for the Elokobi goal.

"Here comes the ball - I'll duck and let the big black dude behind me head it towards goal, because VDS could do with a tester...aww, fuck"

Yeah, ok, so I had some idea.

• Like 1

I don't know what the fuck made him think "y'know what, I'm gonna hit you guys with a fucking elbow drop here," but from this day forward, I will forever love Steve Harper because of it.

He mistakenly thought he could smell what The Rock was cookin', it was in actual fact, Arsene Wenger's brain melting.

Just seen the Prem table on MOTD and Blackpool are lingering precariously above those relegation places. Just checked out their recent results and they have lost 7 of their last 8, I didn't think they were doing so badly. I think someone mentioned it before but they could be this season's Burnley, have a fantastic start to the season but then tail off after the New Year and ultimately get relegated. I hope that doesn't happen though because I think we'd all have to agree they have been a credit to the league this season, and would love to see them back again next season.

• Like 1

I was saying they'd get relegated as late as December because I'm a proud man and I didn't want to go back on the prediction I made at the start :shifty: - but I went back on it because it was looking too unlikely, so if they do go down now I'll be pissed. I think a big issue teams like them have is that at the start they catch everybody unawares, but if teams know they're just gonna go balls deep every game it's easier to counteract. Had no idea their form was that bad though.

25477756.gif

BAH GAWD

Steve Harper gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

The best part? Best went off injured seconds after this, so fuck you everyone who thought The Peoples Elbow was a shit finisher.

I've just got back in from the match and pub following, but that was genuinely one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. We were absolutely destroyed first half with brilliantly neat passing and horrendously poor defending, but whatever Pardew said at half time clearly worked. Obviously the sending off was a huge turning point (massive mocking of Wenger, who insisted that Barton should've been sent off for the clearly perfect tackle on Diaby. I presume he didn't see Diaby do Barton from behind just prior to half time...) and the decision to not replace his defensive midfielder cost Wenger dear, but we were near faultless second half. Superb passing, amazing heart from everyone and one of the best goals you'll ever see from a right footed defensive midfielder summed up a fantastic afternoon.

Dear pundits,

without Carroll = 6 games, 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

without Tiote = 3 games, 2 draws, 1 loss

Guess who we miss more?

Tiote would be signing of the season if Spurs hadn't basically been given Van Der Vaart for a pittance.

The thing with Blackpool is the league is so tight outside of the top 6, I think it's 9pts between 8th and 20th, so 2-3 wins on the bounce and you rocket up the table, 2-3 losses and you're staring the relegation zone in the face.

It's weird, Fletcher is needed because of the energy he adds but against the smaller teams when we need creativity and flair we are found wanting in the center of midfield because Carrick who I think does a good job of protecting the back 4 barely makes forward runs and even when Fletcher does passing isn't his thing.

It's the one position in the team that really worries me, Hargreaves-Anderson would be the ideal pairing but his legs are fucked :(

• Like 1

And that's why, in my opinion, it's the greatest season in recent memory. I just love how close the league is. Things really look like they could come down to the last game of the season.

Needs a better title race, but other than that it's been pretty sweet.

It's weird, Fletcher is needed because of the energy he adds but against the smaller teams when we need creativity and flair we are found wanting in the center of midfield because Carrick who I think does a good job of protecting the back 4 barely makes forward runs and even when Fletcher does passing isn't his thing.

It's the one position in the team that really worries me, Hargreaves-Anderson would be the ideal pairing but his legs are fucked :(

We miss Hargreaves terribly, Carrick is an ace passer of the ball but recently does seem to have many more off games than on. Anderson picks his moments too, he's obviously got the ability but sometimes doesn't want to play. Hopefully Park will be back soon, he adds more energy to the midfield and is a bit more creative than Fletcher, and has popped up with a few goals this season already too.

In my opinion we will need a midfielder or two in the summer, if I had my way Tom Huddlestone would be the top of the list. Him along with someone like Charlie Adam and we could be on our way to 'replacing' Scholes, who's form since coming back from injury hasn't been the best. Hopefully Giggs can go on until he is about 40 because I don't see how we can replace him to be honest either.

I think next season will prove to be a tricky one for us if we don't sign some big players, we'll need a goalkeeper, maybe a center back if Ferdinand's injuries continue and obviously some midfielders.

• Like 1

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed he would like Serb Dragan Stojkovic to replace him at the Emirates. The Yugoslavia legend played under the Frenchman at Nagoya Grampus Eight in Japan. "Our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football," Wenger said.

:angry:

Hands off our Piksi.

Stojkovic is the best manager Grampus have ever had and led them to their first ever championship last season. :wub:

...and how many managers can do this?

And that's why, in my opinion, it's the greatest season in recent memory. I just love how close the league is. Things really look like they could come down to the last game of the season.

Needs a better title race, but other than that it's been pretty sweet.

I don't know, actually. Aresenal are only four points off Man United, aren't they? I'm interested to see how or if Man United's loss yesterday will effect their form. Any time can have a string of bad results. It happened to Chelsea a few months ago, so there's still time for things to heat up.