Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

In June the Glazer's outstanding debt hit 1.1 billion.

I went back and checked my research and the amount of outstanding debt related to ManU was at the 700m mark. However, there are 45m annual interest payments (which they've already faulted on before driving the rate to 16%+ on their loans). What's killing them is the interest on the debt (which is quickly compounding the total debt):

debt ration worse than Greece

They refinanced with a 500m 7yr bond that is charged 8.75-9.0% ... they've got PIK (payment in kind) loans with a 14.25% interest rate as well.

That bond actually represents the 526m of "base" debt on ManU ... but I can't find if the scheduled 220m payment was ever made. Just adding those two together puts the debt (without interest) at 746m. There's also no information on how that 220m payement (if it was made) was funded.

Finally found a source that actually states that the PIK loans were paid. The same article also says that absolutely zero information on the funding of the payment is available. What the Glazers did do however, was transfer the club’s parent company shareholding to a new company registered in the US state of Delaware, which requires disclosure of only the bare minimum of corporate information.

link

That certainly doesn't smell good for ManU. The club also lost 5m last quarter. The operating loss last year was 79.6m to 83m depending on the source you find.

It's good that the 220m chunck was paid but depending on how it was funded it could be really bad. The overall debt burden of the club is still well above 500m though and at the moment things are still working more to increase it than decrease it.

Give us a good stuffing?

They rarely score against us at Eastlands, let alone 'stuff' us. And as earlier in the season showed, they don't even try to score sometimes. :shifty:

Utd are fortunate to be 1-0 up, because City have played well. The O'Shea haters should be in here praising him, because he's done very well up to now, and so has Smalling.

''Is Tevez playing?,'' my mum asked, with a serious look on her face. Well, he hasn't been in the game yet, but it only takes a minute.

As well as I think O'Shea and Smalling are doing, every time we concede a set-piece I get worried, but when you've shipped four goals in the last few games via that method, you're bound to.

Here's hoping we can nick a second goal, because if it stays like this City will throw Dzeko on and go for it in the last twenty.

Give us a good stuffing?

They rarely score against us at Eastlands, let alone 'stuff' us. And as earlier in the season showed, they don't even try to score sometimes. :shifty:

Yeah, you just get those feelings sometimes though, and I could see it happening after the Wolves result. It's fun to make bold predictions because then you look like a genius when it comes true :shifty: