Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I remember the reports after Bebe's first start against Wolves in the Carling Cup all saying he had a good game and was one of our best players on the pitch. Of course then came the games in which he managed to cross the ball over the box and out for a throw without it even bouncing, twice. He's had such a meteoric rise from third division Portuguese league football to the Premiership in the space of a year that it's understandable his technique is not up to scratch (or even close to being good enough). He has potential mainly due to his physical abilities at the moment. If our coaches can improve his footballing skill then he could possibly come good, albeit most likely at another team.

I remember the reports after Bebe's first start against Wolves in the Carling Cup all saying he had a good game and was one of our best players on the pitch. Of course then came the games in which he managed to cross the ball over the box and out for a throw without it even bouncing, twice. He's had such a meteoric rise from third division Portuguese league football to the Premiership in the space of a year that it's understandable his technique is not up to scratch (or even close to being good enough). He has potential mainly due to his physical abilities at the moment. If our coaches can improve his footballing skill then he could possibly come good, albeit most likely at another team.

Bebe is perhaps the funniest thing ever. At least Ali Dia was a free transfer. Bebe will be lucky to be playing in the Football League in 5 years.

Fuck you all.

Ali Daei got 109 goals in 149 for... well, okay, Iran. He also got goals against AC Milan and Chelsea in the Champs League!

If we're going to compare Bebe to a rubbish striker, Carlton Cole is the perfect place to start.

You were probably making a joke and I'm about to make myself look retarded here but I'm almost certain we're on about a different player... If Ali Dia scored against AC Milan or Chelsea's under 11s I'd be surprised.

Liverpool have apparently signed the largest kit deal in history, with Warrior (?) to replace adidas. £100m over 4 years.

I'm guessing that won't be until 12/13 season..

Well , let's take a look at what happened with Hughton :

He beat Arsenal

He drew with Chelsea

He beat Wolves away

Most of his losses weren't in St.James Park

So , what I mean is ... if Hughton stayed , We could've been in 6th , fighting for a spot in the Europa League , not watching out for relegation.Before the Wolves win , we were 4 POINTS away from relegation zone , It wasn't that good , and If we had lost that game , what happened? We would be ONE POINT away.

Pardew's not doing a good job , and I'm just waiting for the next season to come , because I can't stand Ameobi in the offense , we need a better striker , buy that Sinclair kid from Swansea , he looks fine.

Tomorrow we'll play against Blackpool , so , if we lose that one , I want Pardew out.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 3

Well Pardew did have to his entire run without Hughton's star player. He wasn't given time to get a replacement up front, so I think he's coped quite well with the situation he's in. If Newcastle spend the money they got for Carroll properly, Pardew could build a really decent team.

Best is a fine striker , Pardew had him for a damn nice time before the ankle injury.

Stephen Ireland already recovered from his injury , he's quite a good midfield player , and can also play as a striker

Nile Ranger needs experience , but if damn Pardew trusted him , he could be a Premier League level striker.

Some football critics here in Brazil consider Dan Gosling a player that , if put on the starting 11 regularly , can become an England international.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 3

Leon Best is as average a stirker as you can get and hadn't scored at all before the West Ham game. Stephen Ireland has played less than 45 minutes since joining so is an absolute moot point and Nile Ranger? Really? He's got to be the rawest striker in a long long time, he's made 1 start and looked a bit lost, the only oter talent he's displayed apart form a few flashes is the glaring ability to miss absolute sitters. I'm glad Brazillian writers across the world believe Gosling is a great player but he's been injured the enitre season, why is that even relevant? Scott Sinclair is the solution to all problems then, erm OK.

If Hughton had stayed, Carroll would still be gone and the same problems would exist in the team and there's not a hope the current squad would be challenging 5th place considering Man City, Liverpool and Spurs are currently occupying those spots with much better teams. Fact is, 9th would be an amazing achievement and yest at one stage we were 4 points off relegation zone, but still in 11th place. That is just a testament to how tight the league is this year and even still, at this stage anyone up to and including 7th can still mathematically go down

Oh yeah, all those "great" Hughton results you've listed all have the same common denominator, Andy Carroll scoring the only Newcastle goal, a luxury Alan Pardew has had to do without for basically his entire reign.

Oh and for the record it was a 1-1 draw at the Molineux, Hughton didn't "beat Wolves away". If you're going to spout complete nonsense, at least get your stats straight.

Ranger is raw , but he is only 19 , he needs to start games! The 3-1 against Liverpool was a fine exhibition , he gave fire to Newcastle! He's quite quick , and has displayed lots of talent in the reserves . Okay , playing in the reserves is WAY different from playing in the seniors , but It's better than what Ameobi would do.

Best actually scored 6 goals in 10 games , and in these 10 games , It was all about him , Nolan and a few Lovenkrands spots.Funny fact is , if Best scores a hat-trick against a team fighting for relegation , he's AVERAGE. If Carroll scores a hat-trick against a team fighting for relegation , he's GREAT . That's the only thing I don't like about the critics . They overrate too much the english talent and other UK/Irish players do almost the same thing and they just play in mid-table teams.

Ireland was a starting 11 in City before the $$$$$$$$$$ era , and if he starts against Blackpool , I think he might do OK.

I heard Gosling already recovered , so .... why can't we take out the Ivory Coast Nigel De Jong and put him?

My bad about the Wolves result , I tought it was 2-1.

Not that I think Andy Carroll was bad , but the team wasn't 100% HIM. He was only the man to put the ball inside or make some headed passes from corners .What if Joey Barton didn't give Carroll lots of assists?What if Jonas never did some nice individual plays and passed the ball to Carroll? He would be compared to Kenwyne Jones.

You can't just lose some easy games and blame it on the missing attacker , because the team is composed of 11 players , not 1.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 3

why can't we take out the Ivory Coast Nigel De Jong and put him?

Wait, did you just suggest taking Cheik Tiote out of the team for an injured Dan Gosling?

I'm just going to stop now for the sake of my mental health.