2010 College Football Thread

As a 49ers fan I did not want Singletary fired but I really hope Harbaugh can turn this around in a hurry. There is no reason why this team can't win 11 games next year. Lets see what they do with QB situation. I would expect 9ers/Ravens to be a SNF game next year on NBC

I'm kind of torn on this Championship Game.

On one hand, if Auburn won, it'd be the fifth straight National Champion from the SEC, and that'd be pretty badass for me, it's kind of a streak I'd love to keep going. On the other hand... I despise Auburn with everything that I am. Even by Bama fan's standards, I truly hate them. I mean, they're fans are the reason I'm not in Public School anymore, they all ganged up on me and bullied day in and day out for years on end, and I just couldn't take it. I've been home schooled since fifth grade because of them. So it goes without saying, I pretty much never want to see them win anything.

So basically what I ask myself is: As cool as keeping the streak going would be, is it really worth Auburn winning a National Championship? It perplexes me...

Edited by Zeel1

I'd say if you are as hardcore of an Alabama fan as you say you are, there wouldn't even be a smidge of you that'd want to see Auburn win this game.

I'd be lying if I said I expected a defensive war. I figured it'd be 31-28 by halftime. Damn good game so far, though.

I didn't actually say I was a hardcore 'Bama fan, but you've got a point. I do love them, but honestly I hated Auburn before I loved 'Bama. See, one of the reasons it bothered me so much was because back then I didn't give a damn about football. They were basically taunting me over something I didn't know a single thing about. So I'm like "Why is the team my family pulls for such a big deal with you guys?"

That was a great championship game. I don't understand why Oregon was so set on running the ball even though they were being dominated at the line of scrimmage though. I feel like they would have done a lot better had they opened up the field a little bit more, like they have all season.

Oregon really did it to themselves by insisting on running up the middle over and over again. They burned their secondary when they decided to, and running to the outside on options worked too. Auburn didn't play all that well, but good enough to get the win.

Over/under is 4.5 years on when Auburn will have to vacate by the way.