The Thread Where ONO Cries Himself to Sleep

Lineker

I've no problems with you at all. Congratulations to you if you go through. Tell me this though - biggest game of your clubs history and what have we heard tonight? Songs about the Blues? Songs about the Carling Cup? All I could hear is shit on the Villa. :lol: :lol:

This will be for fantastic use later if Birmingham do go through. The main Birmingham forum:

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,405995

Seen a topic there last week with about 30 odd people calling for his head. "Mr. Negative". Yes, Peter Pannu :lol: can do better than McLeish. That's why the club is small time.

Edited by ONO

Songs about the Carling Cup? What, like such classics as 'Wahey, its the Carling Cup' and 'Who Fucking Remembers Rumbelows Anyway?'?

Fuck off. In a semi-final for such a low team fans get carried away and sing and chant all sorts of shit. You don't stand there and sing songs about your main rivals across the City, who were already there a year ago. It is laughable.

I've no problems with you at all. Congratulations to you if you go through. Tell me this though - biggest game of your clubs history and what have we heard tonight? Songs about the Blues? Songs about the Carling Cup? All I could hear is shit on the Villa. :lol: :lol:

This will be for fantastic use later if Birmingham do go through. The main Birmingham forum:

Seen a topic there last week with about 30 odd people calling for his head. "Mr. Negative". Yes, Peter Pannu :lol: can do better than McLeish. That's why the club is small time.

Biggest game in our history? Did I just dream about the 2000 final with Liverpool? Or the 1963 Final against Villa?

I don't know what's worse,, our biggest games coming in the league cup or the idea that my dream 2000 final ended up with us losing.

Also McLeish is a god. Every team's forum has a bunch or idiots calling for the managers head after every bad result. How many times have a few idiots called for Fergie's head in the last 24 and a half years? (though they may of had more of a point around 89/90 before Mark Robbins' goal against Barnsley)

EDIT: 2001 final even. Been so long since we've been to a final my mind is fuzzy.

Edited by HugoAbs
  • Like 2

Biggest game in our history? Did I just dream about the 2000 final with Liverpool? Or the 1963 Final against Villa?

I don't know what's worse,, our biggest games coming in the league cup or the idea that my dream 2000 final ended up with us losing.

Also McLeish is a god. Every team's forum has a bunch or idiots calling for the managers head after every bad result. How many times have a few idiots called for Fergie's head in the last 24 and a half years? (though they may of had more of a point around 89/90 before Mark Robbins' goal against Barnsley)

Fair point. Enjoy your day out.

I think it's a win-win final for everybody.

If Arsenal win then they'll win their trophy and everyone will shut the fuck up about them not winning anything for 5 (or 6?) years (despite Liverpool having a similar record at the moment)

If Brum win then they'll be able to have their run out in Europe... even though it could fuck their season up a little more than usual next year.

Plus - if you don't like either team - there's a chance they'll hack each other to pieces.

On the Chelsea website, in the 'pre-match build up' article to every game they include counters like these (as taken from the pre-Bolton article):

DAYS SINCE

Chelsea last won back to back Premier League games: 86

Bolton scored against Chelsea at the Reebok: 2,984

Arsenal won a trophy: 2,074

Liverpool won a trophy: 1,717

Long may they continue. -_-

• 4 weeks later...
BREAKING NEWS - ARSENAL CAPTAIN CESC FABREGAS HAS BEEN RULED OUT OF SUNDAY'S CARLING CUP FINAL AGAINST BIRMINGHAM BECAUSE OF A HAMSTRING INJURY - BBC Sport

Gutted for him, he deserves to captain Arsenal to at least one cup final before (or even if) he leaves.

I hated the attitude of some United fans I know towards this competition in the past few seasons - "it's only the Carling Cup" - Fuck off.

I get annoyed when we lose out on the Community Shield, let alone the Carling Cup. Why wouldn't you want to win every competition you participate in?