Paranormal Activity 2

slain

Trailer

Trailer was released with Eclipse last night apparently. It looks to be quite good too! I Just wanted to hear some thoughts and opinions on the sequel to one of my favorite horror films of the decade.

There's not much there to work with. I mean it looks fine for a short teaser, but aside from telling us it is a sequel for a hit low budget horror film, there's not much else to go on. I will say they seem to have already done a better job based on that 20 some seconds of footage I saw than The Blair Witch sequel did.

It's upside down and back to front. "What is happening to" and I can't make out the last word, could be mother.

EDIT : Apparently it says "what is happening to hunter?"

It's upside down and back to front. "What is happening to" and I can't make out the last word, could be mother.

EDIT : Apparently it says "what is happening to hunter?"

Also, there's a toddler in the crib in the reflection but not the actual room. :unsure:

Ugh, please tell me I'm not the only one completely unimpressed with this? I mean, the first one wasn't as HOLY SHIT INTENSE as everyone hyped it up to be, but it was a damn good movie, and I literally can't see any rhyme nor reason to do a sequel (apart from money, I guess). Ugh.

• Like 1

There's potential for more fun stuff, it's not necesarry, but it's not like it's "holyshitsacrilege" sequel, it was a fun movie and there's no harm in exploring it a little more since the first one barely scraped the surface of creepy goings on.

Personally I look forward to it, but I cannot see the text you guys can see for the life of me >_>

I'm unimpressed with the fact they're making a sequel, more than anything. It's just, I dunno, half the creepiness of the first one came from the fact that the first forty minutes was dull as all hell. I just genuinely don't know what they can do to make a sequel even half as fun as the first one. It just screams of 'sequel for sequel sake'.

I wasn't a fan of there being a sequal at first, especially after the first one was a let down, and people wasted so much money to see it in theaters when they did a DVD release like a month and a half later, but this one looks pretty interesting

• Like 1

I don't see how they wasted money in theaters - I saw it there and watched it later at home and I would have to say I much preferred watching it on the big screen with a bunch of other people around me. Hell, it was a movie from a couple years back.. I'd say the DVD copy was due to come along sooner or later.

• Like 1

Call me a pussy, but that "what is happening to Hunter" picture alone makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The first movie was absolutely terrifying, I'd rank it in my personal top three along with The Exorcist and The Ring, and I'm excited for the sequel. As long as they don't just make the same movie twice (like they have six times with Saw), then I'm all for it.

I think the fact that there's going to be a child in the house makes the film even more intriguing. It gives it a whole new level of horror, as nobody wants to see a newborn being tormented. I'm also interested to see how the dog will play into the film, because they can supposedly "see things that humans can't". Things like this are why I'm so excited over 40 seconds of new footage.

I'm totally up for another Paranormal Activity so long as we learn 100% nothing about the demon. I don't want to know what it really is. I don't want to see it's corporeal form. I don't even want them to beat it, I hope it kills everyone and posses the child because it's just more interesting that way.

The first Paranormal Activity was like Blair Witch done well and I fucking loved it. Granted, I missed the first 10-15 minutes which people complained about because my date was late arriving, but it was still a phenomenal film and probably my favourite of last year or whatever year it was released. >_>

Heard a rumor that it's the same house as the first one. The new family has been renovating the house which has sparked some paranormal activity to start. The "ghost" will be both Katie and possibly the demon from the first movie. It will be revealed that Katie was either pregnant during the first movie, or wished to have a baby soon. She will be attracted to the infant. If the demon from the first movie is also there, Katie will act as the child's/families defense against him.

Again this is just a rumor that I picked up at E3 this year.

Yeah I don't mind the sound of that, just as long as the whole idea is left really vague - not explained on screen in the least bit. I understand that means the viewer would have to be familiar with the first film and do some thinking on their own behalf - but yeah, that is the only way I could see it going down.

• 3 months later...

Well, it's out and I just got back. That plot that KingoftheWorld posted is totally false. It's just as good as the first, so if you liked that one, you should like this one.

It's mostly a prequel that ends up explaining how Katie came to be haunted. But the ending occurs after the events of the first movie.