The "Man That Movie Wasn't As Shit As I Heard It Was" Thread

TGC

Not sure why I forgot to mention this one before: The Village. I know it seemed to be the tipping point for a lot of people when it comes to M. Night, but I really enjoyed it and wouldn't start hating him until the next movie.

I dug everything up through The Village, although I had to reflect on that one quite a bit before I could decide entirely.

Now, Lady In The Water? Yeah, I actually liked that one. I mean, I completely understand every criticism it gets, but I still like it.

However, The Happening sucks on toast.

Adding The Village and Lady In The Water to my list. And seeing as I only ever liked two of M Night's movies, I am fearful.

Thank you Encore for playing Jackie Brown tonight. I am DVRing that one so I shall soon see if it is shit or not.

And Public Enemies starring Depp and Bale was not the super boring movie I heard it was. Well done and wishing I hadn't waited so damn long to watch it now. Now I'm womdering of Mann's Miami Vice movie is also not shit.

The only thing I didn't like about Public Enemies was how 2-D Bale's character was. But I thought it was superb film all the same. I don't remember Miami Vice too well. I saw it when I was like 12. But I don't think it was awful. But I wouldn't trust my word on it, because I'm a big Colin Farrell song.

I had the same problem as that dude earlier, I watched Jackie Brown and never really got into it. I don't think it felt like a Tarantino movie at all, not that that is any sort of decisive point on it, just a curiosity. I didn't hate it, but like he said, it just never reached a point where it was interesting for me.

I also enjoyed all films in the Matrix trilogy, and the Hannibal Lecter trilogy. Public Enemies, I did find kind of boring which was a shame, because Depp and Bale are both awesome actors, but eh.

I liked Terminator Salvation. I have seen the third one, but don't remember most of it, but yeah, Salvation was perfectly acceptable in my book.

According to LL, Equilibrium is a shit film but I really enjoyed it, probably my second or third favourite Bale film ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I'm womdering of Mann's Miami Vice movie is also not shit.

It's been awhile since I've seen it but I remember Miami Vice being pretty fun, nothing ground breaking but a good way to blow a couple hours. As for Equilibrium, while it may not be in my top five Bale movies (my list would most likely be Dark Knight, American Psycho, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, Batman Begins) its damn fun and the whole Gun Kata thing that they made up was real fun to watch.

I now have mad love for Rocknrolla and I hope that Ritchie makes the sequel that the end of the film pimped "The REAL Rocknrolla"! That was a fun fucking movie and one of my favorite Ritchie films ever. Of course I have only seen two others, but still.

Yeah, RocknRolla is pretty awesome and I don't really get the flack it gets anyways because people were bitching about how Ritchie had stopped doing the movies that got him where he was. And then he did it and people talked about how it was just a typical Guy Ritchie movie.

And yeah, I definitely want to see the sequels he has planned but he has so many other projects on his plate, I don't know if we'll ever see them.

And The Day Of The Dead remake does not fit into this category. Holy shit this is thing is fucking terrible. I had high hopes with Ving Rhames and Mena Suvari, but as soon as I saw Nick Cannon's name in the credits I was worried. The only thing this POS has in common with the original DOTD, which I admit is my least favorite of Romero's Zombie films, is the title.

I have never seen Garden State. I'm not even sure who is in it. Was that the JD from Scrubs movie?

And Saw V has been added to my list of not nearly as terrible as I heard it was. I loved the first one, but by the time I saw 4 in theatres I said I was done. Well last night Saw V was airing on one of my pay channels and tonight Saw 6 is premiering, so I said fuck it and DVRed 5. It was actually about 200 times better than I remembered the terrible 4th one being. We will see tomorrow or later tonight how good or bad 6 is though.

• Like 1

Yeah, Garden State is the Zach Braff movie.

Which "_________ of the Dead" is it that came out in 2007, the one with the post-apocalyptic Pittsburgh (I think it was)?

Going off Teej's name, Constantine really is so good it's silly that it got bad reviews. It's one of the few times I've really liked Reeves, Rachael Weisz is gorgeous and on top form and Peter Stormare as Lucifer is one of my favourites performances in a good while. I really love the end scene and the entire film is just plain entertaining.

Saying that though, I would also love to see a really gritty version that's more faithful to the comics.