Fifa 11

HailtotheYo

Anyone still playing this? If so, I'd love to see us get a Team EWB together or something.

I have a player career going and a manager career going.

My player is heading into his second season, first with Cardiff City. My first year I played for Celtic, and we won the SPL Title, and finished runner-up in the Scottish Cup. I got the Golden Boot award. After the season, Celtic offered to keep me around, as I had been named captain by the end of the year, but I was looking for a change in scenary. Cardiff was the only EPL club to offer me, and I didn't want to play in France or Russia, so it was a perfect fit. dry.gif Three friendlies down and I have a few assists, but have yet to put one in the net. I'm not all that concerned as I've had several chances.

My managerial career is also heading into its second season. I'm managing the Philadelphia Union in MLS. We won the Supporter's Shield but fell to the New York Red Bulls in the semi-finals. I find it incredibly aggravating that the only players I can lure to my team are horrible or older talents, that are barelly good enough to place on my "reserve" squad. It makes for a bigger challenge, but I'm not sure how I'm eventually going to restock my squad, considering they don't have the SuperDraft in game. I imagine I'll spend another season or two in Philadelphia before taking a job overseas, where I can actually convince decent players to join my team.

Yeah, it's tough playing with an MLS squad.

I've had two "successful" manager careers. One with DCU and one with FC Dallas o_O

I found that drudging through the FMF and Brazilian league worked well for players that weren't too horrid and could develop in a couple of years.

I still play but with my new duty station my time for online play has just about fallen off the map completely.

• 4 weeks later...

So FIFA 11 had a full squad of eleven players, letting you control the keeper for the first time ever.

FIFA 12 has...realistic looking dives.

FIFA 12 has been formally announced (surprise!) along with a whole bunch of information. EA are calling it "revolutionary not evolutionary."

At the heart of the changes is the new Player Impact engine. The product of two years work, we got a peek at it earlier today with that leaked trailer. It's looking pretty tasty.

"The Player Impact Engine processes decisions continuously in real-time at every point of contact on a player's body to create an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every collision," say EA.

Rather interestingly, the new player physics will also apply to injuries, with the game tracking "the force of the collision and impact on the body," creating appropriate physical damage.

In addition to this there have been tweeks to precision dribbling and tactical defending. There will also be enhanced pro player AI, meaning that top players will act in a realistic manner according to their personality.

Expect Drogba to spend most of the game rolling around like someone has slashed his achilles tendon with a machete, then.

Career mode gets a feature bump too, encompassing "real-world storylines" involving player morale, form and league position.

The games themselves, meanwhile, are promised to have a "real-world broadcast look and feel", with "dramatically improved lighting," "more authentic crowds" and a new default camera angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztq76AldSXQ&feature=player_embedded

People have been bitching about not having the true CR9 experience :pervert:

Eh, it's going to go one of two ways: More broken controllers/holes in wall/broken windows/record for expletives in a row OR a slight change of actually being able to control your player anytime they get within "5ft" of an opposing player.

I know what my money is on.

• 2 weeks later...

Four more games and then I can end the nightmare that has been my Bolton tenure. We're sitting tied with Arsenal for sixth, which is great. But in 35 games, we've scored 37 goals, 23 of them being mine (I also have nine assists). It's been beyond frustrating. If I'm not setting up someone or scoring myself, we don't do anything. My teammates are the most inept fools I have ever seen. We have the last three games in the league, and we have the F.A. Cup final against Liverpool, and then I'm out of here.

EDIT: We scored one friggin' goal in the last four games, and it was me, in the FA Cup against Liverpool. We held on to win the Cup, and we drew the last three league games to finish seventh. Fuck Bolton.

As far as I can tell, the AI is 'dribble extremely slowly into the corners'.

Which makes no sense since the AI in the usual modes is fine.

Yeah the AI really in Be a Pro has always made it unplayable they're like mindless retards unless you tell them exactly what to do which begs the question why not just control the whole team. THat's what I do if I play with my player.

Yeah the AI really in Be a Pro has always made it unplayable they're like mindless retards unless you tell them exactly what to do which begs the question why not just control the whole team. THat's what I do if I play with my player.

In the world Cup game i actualy managed to win the whole thing with turkmenistan. The balance seems realy of, even on harder dificultys.

I gave up with be a pro mode, it was fun for a while but like you guys say the AI kills any remaining fun.

Why, oh why, can't EA and SI get together and make the best football/manager game ever? It can be called EASI.