2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

I'm not going to get drawn into the Spurs/Barca debate again, I still have no reason to think that Spurs will beat Barcelona.

Anyway went to a bar to watch the match in Barcelona last night and it was a great night, absolute domination and Arsene and Arsenal can make excuses about the Van Persie sending off being key but it really wasn't. They were completely dominated last night and could have lost by way way more. Messi was great again. Really hard to look beyond Barcelona this year.

• Like 1

A Spurs/Barcelona quarter final would be awesome. Spurs should easily get through tonight mind, I think they'll win comfortably.

As for United, I agree I don't want to see Barcelona until atleast the final, but for the quarter's I'm eyeing up Shakhtar at the moment. I have no doubts we'll finish the job against Marseille next week and I'd rather have an easier quarter final draw so we can concentrate a bit more on the league whilst it's tight. After that, dream draws for me would be Real Madrid in the Semi's and either Barcelona or Spurs in the final :w00t:

• Like 1

I really don't want Utd to play Barca unless it's in the final.

I actually think we'd fare better in a two-leg match against them than the final. I'd fancy us to produce a pretty strong defensive performance at the Nou Camp to restrict them (like against them in 2008 or Inter last year) and also get a decent result at home where we've been pretty strong this year. In a final, I can imagine us being overrun in the middle and the need to get a goal leaving us open at the back (or basically a repeat of the 2009 final).

• Like 1

I really don't want Utd to play Barca unless it's in the final.

Spurs-Barca would be nice, especially if they beat them. That would be just wonderful. Myself and others (notably the Spurs contingent) have already silenced those who said they couldn't beat Inter, so matching them against Barca would be fun to see.

My argument was that Spurs wouldn't beat Inter at the San Siro, because some people were saying they thought they could do Inter twice... and they didn't. Same as I can't see them beating Barca at the Nou Camp. Playing a team like that at home is whole different kettle of fish, of course they had the potential to beat Inter at White Hart Lane.

I didn't think they'd beat Milan at the San Siro either, though (though it wasn't like Inter or Barca in that I couldn't/can't see it happening at all), so fair dues for that.

Spurs - Barca would probably end up something like 3-2 to Spurs at WHL and 4-2 to Barca at the Nou Camp meaning Barca go through 6-5 on aggregate and everyone gushes about the exciting games. Neither side are the best at defending and both sides play expansive, attacking football.

I don't get where this Barca cannot defend idea come from to be honest. They have the best defensive record in La Liga by quite some way and you rarely see them ship loads of goals, which is something that cannot be said about Spurs. Barca would just dominate Spurs from start to finish, playing attacking football only works if you can get the ball after all. Honestly Chelsea or Man United have the best chance of beating Barcelona from the 4 English teams just because they're more capable of defending.

Spurs Team: Gomes; Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Pienaar; Van Der Vaart; Crouch

Subs: Cudicini, Bale, Hutton, King, Jenas, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Edited by Starvinho

Bale will probably play some part, but IMO they won't need him tonight. I think Spurs will win comfortably, I'm going to predict 3-0.

I'd be very surprised if it was that scoreline. Milan wont be completely dominated tonight. The positive for them is that Spurs can and will attack and Milan have enough up top to counter that. Without a doubt fancy Spurs to go through, but it'll be interesting to see what Milan turns up tonight.

Going to stick a couple of quid on Robinho to score first as well as a high scoring match. Likely going to go with 3-2 Spurs. Positive for Spurs is no Inzaghi for Milan, shame.

I bet on 3-2 Milan, with Kevin Prince Boateng to score a goal. I've never watched non-international soccer before. Am I fucked?

Not fucked, certainly a possible scoreline with the way Spurs play. Though I wouldn't have put too much on it if I was you, worth a little punt on it though for sure.

These Milan players fall like flies.

Edit: And Flamini is a cock, why the fuck is he sliding in like that still?

William Gallas, what a hero.

Edited by Version Dan